Dynadot

5 Numbers Domains Worth Money and time?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandChimp

Life is short. Get up and make yours better. ChimpTop Member
Impact
HI, Is it worth time and money (reg fees) to register 5 numbers .com?

Off course there is some that worth less than reg fees!
But the good ones.

Seems to be popular in Asia.

Thank You
Xavier

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess it depends what your funds look like. If you have money to spend and sit on for a while then some of the better numbers may be worth registering. Personally, I would steer clear. It seams like the market has picked up for 4N.com domains and even some 4N.net domains..However, I think we're a ways away from 5N.com domains really taking off..

Just me personal opinion. Good luck!

•••
After all, a lot of these are registered, and in other extensions than .com, too.

•••
No, 5 Numbers Domains Has Much Worth!

•••
No, 5 Numbers Domains Has Much Worth!

They sell for $xxx.
I just bought one and can't find any that are available.

The name got 7 uniques in 20h of the reg.

I guess its not bad.

•••
Spent the whole of last night searching for a single 5N.com, found nothing! Re they really worth anything? Cant remember ever reading a 5N.com sale.

•••

I have one NNNNN that gets about 70-100 uniques per month, parked, but very little earnings. It has a "44" in it, so I'm wondering if "4" becomes a positive when it's doubled (Like multiplying two negative numbers, LOL).

Some numbers are obviously more valuable than others, but I do think that 5N domains in the .com will slowly appreciate.

I do have one NNNNN without a "4" in it...it's a date in history, but nothing important happened that date.

91101 has more value than some random date.

Last edited:
•••
I Will really like to see the so called "premium numbers" I guess "4" is one of them.

•••
:talk:

while you're speculating....

why don't you guys/gals buy up all the available nnnnnn.com > nnnnnnn.com > nnnnnnnn.com > nnnnnnnnn.com and finally all the nnnnnnnnnn.com domains.

then you'll have that market cornered and you can sell em to the newbs that come after you.

:)

imo...

imo....

•••

Actually, among the Chinese, "4" is considered an unlucky number so not very desirable, at least by that particular market.

As for NNNNN availability: this changes back and forth. Occasionally, there will be a large drop, and, suddenly, a lot of them will be available for hand registration and then...nothing.

You can usually pick one up at Go Daddy auction, sometimes for BIN.

I would NOT buy a bunch of them -- a few maybe (fave numbers and significant ones personally) -- but this buyout seems to be a domainer-driven phenomenon.

•••

but this buyout seems to be a domainer-driven phenomenon.

:talk:

yes, grasshopper.....the fog has lifted

now you can see the trees, in the forest.

:)

imo...

•••
•••

I have one NNNNN that gets about 70-100 uniques per month, parked, but very little earnings. It has a "44" in it, so I'm wondering if "4" becomes a positive when it's doubled (Like multiplying two negative numbers, LOL).

Some numbers are obviously more valuable than others, but I do think that 5N domains in the .com will slowly appreciate.

I do have one NNNNN without a "4" in it...it's a date in history, but nothing important happened that date.

91101 has more value than some random date.

My girlfriend told me that 4 and 44 means "die" in china :/

•••
•••
I could maybe see some value in 5n domains if the numbers match up with a zip code that belongs to decent-sized city.

I know personally when I'm searching the big G for something local to me (Cleveland, OH), I'll type in something like '44102 restaurant', hoping to find a restaurant near me (for example).

I doubt I'm the only person who does this, so being ranked in the search engines for that zip code could generate some highly targeted buyer traffic. Maybe not much, but at least enough to justify paying the reg fee for the domain if I'm lucky enough to come across it when it's available.

I doubt I would pay much more than the reg fee though...

And, I think I'd be more likely to develop the domain myself instead of trying to sell it to an end user. Then, once it has a proven track record, id try to lease or sell the developed site, not just the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back