Dynadot

5 Domain Parking comparison

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi All,

I'm earning about $3K per month for the moment, only using sedo and parkingcrew, i decided to run a test to optimize my revenues with 5 parking services:
- sedo
- parkingcrew
- bodis
- domainsponsor
- voodoo

It's seems that there is big differences in term of revenues from one service to another.
The test is running for a few days.

By the end of the test (in a few weeks) let's see how many domains will be on each services to be revenue optimized.

If you are interested by this thread and/or have questions, do not hesitate to post or contact me.

David.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If i change dns of domains from one company to another, by the end every parking companies will have the same time. So, the company that will bring me the maximum revenue will be the best for my domain.

You speak about normalised traffic. How can i know that without above ?

•••
If i change dns of domains from one company to another, by the end every parking companies will have the same time. So, the company that will bring me the maximum revenue will be the best for my domain.

You speak about normalised traffic. How can i know that without above ?

regarding the normalisation,
That's tough. I don't know what kind of algorithms they use to produce those numbers and I'm using above.com since I first started parking 2-3 years ago which means that I never had the need to create normalised traffic.
I'm pretty sure though that one needs to manage all traffic themeselves for all domains and then send it to each parking company. That's technical stuff though which I know nothing about.

But the goal is the same. If a domain has -let's say- 5000 'hits':
ParkingA will show 50 uniques
ParkingB will show 100 uniques
ParkingC will show 10 uniques
..across the same period. How are you going to measure that?
Depending upon the 'hits' sent to each parking platform I'd 'normalise' the numbers so they would look as much as possible relative to the 'hits' they received. (bah, is too complicated to explain in English. I think I'll stop here with this one).

regarding the dns change,
that's risky. Domains have periods that perform best and periods that don't perform at all.
Are you sure all the domains to be tested have stable traffic & earnings across time?

Let me give you an example,
I own a high traffic sportstv domain. Whenever there is any EU cup, I get crazy traffic and clicks.. all other days things are quiet.
You can easily understand that if I wanted to measure traffic, all the results would be wrong if I followed your way.
The same would happen with any other seasonal domain.

As you can see, you really need to set some requirements at place (like I mentioned on my previous post).

Instead of explaining all that stuff though, wouldn't it be better if I just showed you what I did with above.com's traffic when I ran my platform comparison?

•••
I want to change every 10 minutes, randomly, so by the end of the day, it changed 144 times, that mean one domain goes statically to each domain parking about 290 minutes. So the traffic should be statically the same on every parking company.
Only revenue will differ.

•••
Due to your post, i decided to change the comparison I show you here.

I'm starting a new comparison based on revenue only. I will change randomly all parking companies on all the domain of the study every 10 minutes, after a few days i will have enough data to know which domain must be on which parking company to optimize my revenues.
I will have to make this optimisation maybe once a month.

Do you think it could be good ?

that sounds like a plan to me

•••
I want to change every 10 minutes, randomly, so by the end of the day, it changed 144 times, that mean one domain goes statically to each domain parking about 290 minutes. So the traffic should be statically the same on every parking company.
Only revenue will differ.

Again, I don't think that will work, for the reasons I mentioned earlier and for others like -for example-
you forget that each parking service do their own optimization which is different from platform to platform. How are you going to compensate for that?
You don't know what is happening behind the scenes on a platform when you abruptly cut off the traffic being sent to them.

also,
I still haven't understood how are you going to send the traffic every 10 mins? you're not changing NS?

•••
Again, I don't think that will work, for the reasons I mentioned earlier and for others like -for example-
you forget that each parking service do their own optimization which is different from platform to platform. How are you going to compensate for that?
You don't know what is happening behind the scenes on a platform when you abruptly cut off the traffic being sent to them.

also,
I still haven't understood how are you going to send the traffic every 10 mins? you're not changing NS?

if he can rotate the traffic a few time per day
I don't think that will effect any parking companies optimisation

•••
if he can rotate the traffic a few time per day
I don't think that will effect any parking companies optimisation
you don't *think* .. do you know for sure?
bc what I *do* know -and judging from the various conversations I had with the support- is that it possibly will.

•••
sorry thats BS

as that would only hurt themselve

Last edited:
•••
Hi All,
I'm earning about $3K per month for the moment, only using sedo and parkingcrew, i decided to run a test to optimize my revenues with 5 parking services

Wow! $3K per month .. $36K per year. That is super amazing.
Most people barely make that kind of money working from 8 to 5 all year long. You get it doing nothing.

I don't know what your domains are, but you are a lucky person to own them.

•••
DNS is DomainNameSales.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back