Dynadot

$5.00 .COM registration and transfer at IONOS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aelko

.COM promos at tldes.comTop Member
Impact
Change each domain's 'Contract Duration' to 1 year.
upload_2020-9-16_18-58-12.png

I have successfully added 20 domains to my cart.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ps registrars do not need greenlight to give discounts... its all out of their pockets

Whenever I contact specific registrars about "when will be the next .com transfer promo?" They always say when the registrar allows them to.

Supposedly from the looks of it. I don't know but these registration and transfer promos are allowed for a each registrar in a cycle.

like you can't have a promo at all the registrars.

either that or it's pro-rated like whichever registrar has been doing well getting .com registration. again not sure but it sure looks like it's all "planned" or "organized".

but at the very least the registrars gotta make it look like it's "outta their hands".

because if it was then customers will ask "well why not just have the promo price for registration and transfer" PERMANENT.

if it's totally in the hands of the registrar then they have no excuse to make it permanent.

you always have to pass the buck to the registry so your company doesn't look like it just doesn't want to put registrations and transfers at promo prices permanently and say it's the registries fault not theirs.

or I can be wrong. At least this is why I think. seems logical.

as far as the $5 .com transfers or reg. it seems Ionos and Register are losing so much customers. they are forced to let the cat out the bag as far as the lowest "AT COST" pricing for .com transfers and registrations.

Registrars always say that $6.49 or $7.83 is the least amount they can offer transfers and registrations.

That these prices are "AT COST" meaning they make no money from it.

now unless Ionos and Register are "giving away" these registrations and transfers at $5 which I doubt.

Then ultimately $5 has always been the "AT COST" price for .com transfers and regs.

which begs the question.

What is the REAL "AT COST" price for registrars to register .com's or transfer .coms for their customers that they "really" don't make money from it?

•••
True... its actually 7
And no good for prem co

Shoot... I didn't realize .co was $7... i was xfering mine just yeterday to Porkbun for $21.47... ahh oh well.

•••
Good points
Each time i see registrars give promos or be asked about next ones...it always comes with a line like... "its always out of our pockets....

so is Ionos and Register giving away .com regs and transfers BELOW cost at a loss?

Damn! Is business that bad for them? lol

I think many domainers agree. You couldn't PAY ME to register and transfer domains to Ionos and Register. lol

I say this because their "system" makes it easy for them to take your domains and keep it because it's easy for you to screw up with their "system" and they end up owning your domains so they can sell it.

or they make it complicated that you end up STUCK at their registrar.

Win Win.

So yea I'm a disgruntled Ionos and Register customer showing my HATE for Ionos and Register.

So how that works Ionos and Register? lol

Last edited:
•••
so is Ionos and Register giving away .com regs and transfers BELOW cost at a loss?

Damn! Is business that bad for them? lol

I think many domainers agree. You couldn't PAY ME to register and transfer domains to Ionos and Register. lol

I say this because their "system" makes it easy for them to take your domains and keep it because it's easy for you to screw up with their "system" and they end up owning your domains so they can sell it.

or they make it complicated that you end up STUCK at their registrar.

Win Win.

So yea I'm a disgruntled Ionos and Register customer showing my HATE for Ionos and Register.

So how that works Ionos and Register? lol

Well if ionos or epik or gd make x profit a year then paying from there pocket for promos means they make x minus y profit..which still equals profit

•••
They are not domainer oriented...their suport not great.... i got overcharged but resolved on a few bills... i guess u can say their lower prices come with a cost

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back