Dynadot

$5.00 .COM registration and transfer at IONOS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aelko

.COM promos at tldes.comTop Member
Impact
Change each domain's 'Contract Duration' to 1 year.
upload_2020-9-16_18-58-12.png

I have successfully added 20 domains to my cart.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's going on? is Verisign Greenlighting these registrars to allow these below cost pricing discounts?

even Register.com is having the same promo.

who is next?

Last edited:
•••
till when is this promo available?

•••
•••
I mean it sounds good but... IONOS is notorious. Getting those auth codes to leave is gonna be a pickle :tightlyclosedeyes:

•••
I mean it sounds good but... IONOS is notorious. Getting those auth codes to leave is gonna be a pickle :tightlyclosedeyes:

1&1 was so notorious with handing over auth codes that their legal team asked management to rebrand the company name....because...................wait for it.....................

Whenever you ask for auth codes all you get is "Ionos" (I don't knows!)

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::xf.wink::xf.grin:

•••
I just checked the code for one of my domains and It shows up without any problem

•••
Well, I've transferred over 20 domains now to IONOS. It was $5 each, no hidden fees... hope no bumps in the year ahead of us and we can xfer out lol...

only thing is make sure autorenew is OFF af.

•••
Well, I've transferred over 20 domains now to IONOS. It was $5 each, no hidden fees... hope no bumps in the year ahead of us and we can xfer out lol...

only thing is make sure autorenew is OFF af.

Just give yourself at least a month before expiration to transfer out.

How is their bulk changes feature as it bulk turning off auto renew? Some of these outfits are slick and have no bulk "do stuff to your domains " options.

•••

A pickle? Kosher or Dill? Lol

•••
•••
Good deal, but as others have said beware - They were previously 1&1, they did not have a good reputation

•••
Just give yourself at least a month before expiration to transfer out.

How is their bulk changes feature as it bulk turning off auto renew? Some of these outfits are slick and have no bulk "do stuff to your domains " options.

They are weird with renewals and only like 10 days past expiry to tranafer out ..but otherwise u can get codes easy with a button....or even easier with downloading their excel of all yer names.

The only thing to remember bout them is turn off auto renew the moment u reg or transfer there...

•••
What's going on? is Verisign Greenlighting these registrars to allow these below cost pricing discounts?

who is next?

There’ reason both terrible; $5.00 com promos

Both IONOS, Register.com in one word — Bad

Register.com is Net Sol 2.0 LOL (Same owner)

Last edited:
•••

who is next?

Ps registrars do not need greenlight to give discounts... its all out of their pockets

•••
Ps registrars do not need greenlight to give discounts... its all out of their pockets

Classic case; they can afford it.

Guessing rich Parent; with Deep Pockets?

Not familiar wit IONOS but heard horror stories
Give you unbiased take IONOS the registrar.

Last edited:
•••
•••
They also have 8$ .co transfers.
That's a steal compared to normal

•••
•••
I never figured it..how u add multi names to cart for one checkout? Transfr or regs
..ty

upload_2020-9-20_14-32-51.png

Enter the domain name and click "Check"
Then click on "Add to cart"
Then again enter the name and click "Check" ...

•••
•••
•••

Whenever I contact specific registrars about "when will be the next .com transfer promo?" They always say when the registrar allows them to.

Supposedly from the looks of it. I don't know but these registration and transfer promos are allowed for a each registrar in a cycle.

like you can't have a promo at all the registrars.

either that or it's pro-rated like whichever registrar has been doing well getting .com registration. again not sure but it sure looks like it's all "planned" or "organized".

but at the very least the registrars gotta make it look like it's "outta their hands".

because if it was then customers will ask "well why not just have the promo price for registration and transfer" PERMANENT.

if it's totally in the hands of the registrar then they have no excuse to make it permanent.

you always have to pass the buck to the registry so your company doesn't look like it just doesn't want to put registrations and transfers at promo prices permanently and say it's the registries fault not theirs.

or I can be wrong. At least this is why I think. seems logical.

as far as the $5 .com transfers or reg. it seems Ionos and Register are losing so much customers. they are forced to let the cat out the bag as far as the lowest "AT COST" pricing for .com transfers and registrations.

Registrars always say that $6.49 or $7.83 is the least amount they can offer transfers and registrations.

That these prices are "AT COST" meaning they make no money from it.

now unless Ionos and Register are "giving away" these registrations and transfers at $5 which I doubt.

Then ultimately $5 has always been the "AT COST" price for .com transfers and regs.

which begs the question.

What is the REAL "AT COST" price for registrars to register .com's or transfer .coms for their customers that they "really" don't make money from it?

•••
Whenever I contact specific registrars about "when will be the next .com transfer promo?" They always say when the registrar allows them to.

Supposedly from the looks of it. I don't know but these registration and transfer promos are allowed for a each registrar in a cycle.

like you can't have a promo at all the registrars.

either that or it's pro-rated like whichever registrar has been doing well getting .com registration. again not sure but it sure looks like it's all "planned" or "organized".

but at the very least the registrars gotta make it look like it's "outta their hands".

because if it was then customers will ask "well why not just have the promo price for registration and transfer" PERMANENT.

if it's totally in the hands of the registrar then they have no excuse to make it permanent.

you always have to pass the buck to the registry so your company doesn't look like it just doesn't want to put registrations and transfers at promo prices permanently and say it's the registries fault not theirs.

or I can be wrong. At least this is why I think. seems logical.

as far as the $5 .com transfers or reg. it seems Ionos and Register are losing so much customers. they are forced to let the cat out the bag as far as the lowest "AT COST" pricing for .com transfers and registrations.

Registrars always say that $6.49 or $7.83 is the least amount they can offer transfers and registrations.

That these prices are "AT COST" meaning they make no money from it.

now unless Ionos and Register are "giving away" these registrations and transfers at $5 which I doubt.

Then ultimately $5 has always been the "AT COST" price for .com transfers and regs.

which begs the question.

What is the REAL "AT COST" price for registrars to register .com's or transfer .coms for their customers that they "really" don't make money from it?

Good points
Each time i see registrars give promos or be asked about next ones...it always comes with a line like... "its always out of our pockets....

•••
True... its actually 7
And no good for prem co

Shoot... I didn't realize .co was $7... i was xfering mine just yeterday to Porkbun for $21.47... ahh oh well.

•••
Back