Domain Empire

4 letter .com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Do four letter .com's have any value, other than for a company acronym?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
airwav said:

yes, even the worst 4 letter random domain will mean something to somebody, it will just be harder to sell (that person might not want it!).

My order of value would be:

1) LLLL word (probably any, just because it will be only 4 letters long)
2) LLLL common acronym
3) LLLL 'non-dictionary' word (something you can pronounce)
4) LLLL looks good (i.e. ssss)
5) LLLL Random good letters
6) LLLL Random 'Junk' letters

?) LLLL Wild card - Company acronym, anywhere from first to last (and probably is 5 until the company is 'born') - other thing is the company might not like its acronym! eg: Computer Recyling Associated Partners (just made that up to illustrate, NP$ if registered ;) ) - so it wouldn't be interested.

I might swop 3 and 4 around

Aunty :)

•••
Ive seen 'poor' 4 letter .coms sell here at namepros, for around 1000NP$ ($17) before :)

•••
airwav said:

I think that they will run out in the next 3 years and that is when they should have a nice increase in value. The are around 450 thousand four letter .coms and I think that somewhere between 90-95% have been taken.

I like 4 letter fictional words like VURG. I think that the ones that nobody has taken are unique (or somebody would have taken them) short words that have great brandable potential.

Another category of four letter domain names is the rhyming domain names.

eg. TPVD.COM

Some people will pay a premium.

I keep watching the prices that people are buying 4 letter .COMs on eBay and there are a few that sell well (over reg price) but most don't. I think this will be different in two years time.

•••
I had a recent offer on HVBO.com , so I'm feeling ok about them.

But even bad ones, check out ebay for their sales prices. Nothing huge, but lots of dreamers out there ;)

-Allan :gl:

•••
•••
•••
$xx to $xxxx depending on whether it's a word or if its pronouncable, etc.

•••
*shrug*

VURG said:
I'm not surprised considering they only have a few days left on them. Good Luck!

lol thats true, oh well :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back