NameSilo

3-Letter .com Takes Top Spot on This Week's Domain Sales Chart After Selling for 80K

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The new weekly domain sales Report is out at DNJournal.com. This was a good week for 3-letter domains with a pair of 3-letter .coms (one in the #1 position) and a 3-letter ccTLD all making the all extension Top 20 Sales Chart. A 3-letter .biz domain also went for more than $10,000 (one of the highest sales we’ve ever seen for a 3-letter domain in that extension) but it fell just short of making the Big Board. The .coms had a dominant outing, sweeping 16 of the 20 chart entries. ccTLDs took three spots with two of those landing in the top ten and the non .com gTLDs were limited to one place. You can get all of the details here: http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2012/20121031.htm .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I noticed, again, that results from Snapnames are included in DNJournal.com's results for this week. You remember Snapnames, right? Snapnames is the largest admitted shill-bidding domain auction entity in domain history. Snapnames screwed many of you out of lots of money, but you'd never know it reading this weeks sales results at DNJournal.com.

Just remember that the next time you're told how wonderful DnJournal.com is or how much good stuff Ron Jackson has done for the domain business. I also believe Adam Dicker is held in high regard there too. You remember Adam Dicker, right? He's the for Godaddy VP of TDNAM auctions that stealthily bid in those auctions against clueless Godaddy customers like you and I.

Just hold your nose if you read DnJournal.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back