NameSilo

27-year-old domain? From 1980 WTF??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

loscocco

Account Closed
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The creation date for ace.nl has to be a wrong entry in a database, because the first domain ever registered under the .nl ccTLD was cwi.nl on May 1 1985. The .nl domain was as far as I know the first ccTLD ever and register management was done for eleven years by Piet Beertema of the "Centrum for Wiskunde en Informatica (CWI)" (Center for Mathematics and Informatics). This ccTLD formally existed from april 25 1985 so .nl domains regged in 1980 can not exist.

•••
As far as I know the oldest domain is not symbolics.com but enea.se registered: 1983-04-07
DNS was invented in 1983 and deployed the next year I believe.

•••
•••
Good history lesson, I just wish we could get a solid answer on what is what.

•••
sdsinc said:
As far as I know the oldest domain is not symbolics.com but enea.se registered: 1983-04-07
DNS was invented in 1983 and deployed the next year I believe.

Well symbolics is generally regarded as the first .com but the very first domain seems to be a little more in questions and i always had heard Nordu.net was the first domain.

•••
1-1-1980 has a database value of 0. Basically this is a database default value if the data was corrupt or missing.

•••
did anyone look in Wikipedia?

•••
lol, Lorenzo... did you? :snaphappy:

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back