IT.COM

[2020] Black Friday & Cyber Monday Promos

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What are you looking for on this Black Friday?

• 1st

Cheap registration

votes
    59.0%
  • 2nd

Cheap transfer

votes
    47.6%
  • 3rd

Cheap renewal

votes
    34.3%
  • 4th

Cheap Hosting/SSL

votes
    9.5%
  • 5th

Another cheap services

votes
    2.9%

Mifuru

Neko? NoTop Member
Impact
Every year we wait for this Friday (check my 2019 thread) and this "sacred" Monday to save on their favorite domains. This year is no exception. From this day starts the last 5 and 7 days before the start of one of the biggest holidays "Black Friday" and "Cyber Monday" for domainers.

In this post, I suggest discussing and posting links to upcoming promotions. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are just 5 and 7 days away and I'm sure we're all ready to make the most of the amazing deals online.

Simple rules:
  1. No refferal links
  2. No politics, no questions about promos (all information about promos you can find on registrar website)
  3. No discuss about registrars and promos, we have on NP a special threads for this (General Domain Discuss)
  4. Only promos, no links to sites that DO not belong to the promo (similar to aggregators)
  5. Publish links with a short description about promo (registrar name, domains, pricing, format (like a reg./renew/transfer), etc.) offered by the registrar (for simple search)

This year has been difficult for each of us in its own way. Therefore, I would like us to unite as a community and help those who want to start their domainer history here without any conflicts, discussions, and so on. Help each other and post links to upcoming promos.

Check Black Friday deals in next messages and good luck!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
From porkbun

We currently don't have any black friday or cyber monday promotions planned at this time, just our regular everyday low pricing

•••
•••
•••
I haven't heard of this registrar before. Reviews?
I would use a reputed registrar to hold my names, even if the price is high

•••
Hi i am looking for the cheapest .net and .org please thank you

•••
do you mean that they register it for you? or you mean they steal it from you?

I tried to register with them but once I saw that they will take time to review the order, I just went to another registrar and registered the domain immediately.

I'm having a similar issue with MrDomain.com It took them 25 min to register domain names after I paid because of a manual review. Normally, it won't be much of a problem, but currently, when everyone is registering everything like crazy, it might be a problem :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
[wrong thread]

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot_20201127_173138.jpg
Screenshot_20201127_173217.jpg

Onamae.com

•••
Can you disable auto-renewal?

Yes. They call it a cancellation. You can do it right after registration. It will not cancel the domain but it will set it to drop instead to autorenew.

Last edited:
•••
@NameWell Yeah, I was able to register 5 as well and I'm in the US. Their promo terms state that it's up to 3 domain registrations though and only for people from the EU. I think when I first saw it, it might have been 5 in the terms of the promotion and then they changed it to 3 so I thought I was mistaken. Either way... 5 can be registered and hopefully the EU restriction won't be something they'll act on.

Last edited:
•••
Anyone noticed a good .net/.org transfer promo yet? I maxed out the limit on NC transfer week and still have some left.
You did 50 transfers? Wow!
I don't know anything less than Sav and Epik transfer rates of $8.95, $9.54 on .net transfer.
Bob

•••
I tried £0.5 com domain deal at www.uk2.net. It didn't work. It doesn't seem like a professional registrar either.

They pre-authorized the transaction and said they'll review the order in 24h. Then I saw in CC balance that they canceled pre-authorization. No notification from UK2 whatsoever. I reached chat support to check. The agent said their billing team is off until Monday haha. What a joke.

•••
From catched.com:

Dear customers,
We want to reward your trust with this incredible promotion.
Add a balance to your edomains.com account and we will double your money.

That's right, we will match your money.

This promo will be valid for funds received Friday and Saturday 27 and 28 of November only.

It is very easy, you just have to enter your edomains.com account
Select the option to add balance.

Once you add the balance, send us a ticket and we will double the money received.

This promotion is capped at $ 1000 USD per customer.

The free balance can be spent on any of our edomains or catched.com services and have a 3-month duration.

Take advantage of this opportunity.

Thanks, everyone

Edomains team

•••
My head is spinning with so many threads and posts...:wideyed:

All I want to know is .... which registrar is currently offering the lowest price for DOTCOM TRANSFER ?

•••
If you need support, [email protected]

They're open on business ours (local time) during the weekend

I just added a name without any issue. I'll see if I can get in touch and possibly get them to join NP.

Last edited:
•••
I believe it might be a good idea to register domain names in small batches (3 to 5) than the whole group at once. I've been doing that and so far so good. I think registering a lot of domains at once (20 or 25) might be alerting security systems because it can look like bot activity or is simply unusual. Not many regular users (not domainers) register 25 domain names all at once :xf.grin:

Yes..your point is valid..I also first tried around 10 domains only..all went well and smooth..

After 12-16 hours i tried with second lot thinking that they might end the promotion soon..but all that domains went to verification mode for 24 hours..

Now all domains inluding the old registered ones also got hold showing "suspect Account".

So domainers like us will be under screw mode after seeing this because we play with big registars with instant registration and domain live within 5 mins normally.

I have no problem to wait because they offered a promotional price and also it is an EU based registar and their system also takes time..

But utlimately we should get support and resolution..lets wait..

Last edited:
•••
Sibername apparently have a $1.99 .ca registration deal. I have not used them before, but may sign up to use this promotion.
https://www.sibername.com/
Bob

Update: I have now set up an account and used them. There is a limit of 5 .ca domain names. There system seems to work well, easily allowing you to set up DNS records etc. It is $1.99 CDN funds.

Last edited:
•••
Do we have to transfer all 50 dmains in single transaction for NameCheap Transfer deal? or can we do it with multiple transactions?

I did separate transactions. All went fine. But I transferred way less than 50 in total.

•••
So 25 total for .com at that price? 5 domains x 5 transactions? .coms at $4.98 seems to be the best deal as for as mainstream registrars.

I guess so, they put that info at the very, very bottom. Will test it later, 25 .com at $4.98 ea

https://www.namecheap.com/domain-web-hosting-ssl-deals/black-friday/

----------------------
Not domains but I know some people develop, it's the usual 50% off sale Themeforest has. Only time I buy themes:

https://envato.com/c/cybermonday-blackfriday/themes/

At first I interpreted their promo as up to 5 .coms in one transaction, but to my surprise the promo code worked in another instance (1 .com in another transaction). I guess Namecheap was very generous this year. It was weird though, that Namecheap mistakenly showed many domains as not available, although those became available minutes before I tried registering them. I was forced to use SAV's $6.95 (still awesome) offer instead.

•••
I just spoke to support at NameCheap and learned that it is actually allowed to have two separate accounts and then use their BlackFriday 5 .com domain names for $4.98/yr each deal twice (10 .com domain names in total).

Of course, I recommend to double-check this yourself via their live chat just to be sure :)

You can have two accounts, that's true. I opened an account very long ago, maybe in 2008, then forgot about it. Then I opened another one in 2015, and once when I couldn't log in to my account (I forgot my password) I realized I have two accounts. And I used promotions on both of them. I was afraid they ban all my accounts, so I turned to support. I asked them to close and delete my old account after I move all domains to the new one. They were very kind and understanding, so my account was not banned :) But anyway, if a service provider let you create two accounts with the same email address, then it's probable that they are okay with you having multiple accounts.

Verified with NameCheap Chat support.

This is what their response was

:(

Code:
The registration with Promo code is indeed limited to 5 domains.
No restrictions on the number of accounts you have with us.

Code:
Though, the promo code may not be applied to the second account as our system monitors IPs you log in\make purchases

Code:
We do not allow using promo deals by one person via several accounts.
The promo deals are limited per one user.

Code:
These conditions are also mentioned in Terms and conditions of Black Friday page at

Code:
Such purchases can be then blocked\placed on hold.

Last edited:
•••
Verified with NameCheap Chat support.

This is what their response was

:(

Code:
The registration with Promo code is indeed limited to 5 domains.
No restrictions on the number of accounts you have with us.

Code:
Though, the promo code may not be applied to the second account as our system monitors IPs you log in\make purchases

Code:
We do not allow using promo deals by one person via several accounts.
The promo deals are limited per one user.

Code:
These conditions are also mentioned in Terms and conditions of Black Friday page at

Code:
Such purchases can be then blocked\placed on hold.

That's weird because I have received a completely different answer. Here's the screenshot of the chat transcription:

upload_2020-11-30_16-18-38.png

In case they suspend my additional 5 domains I'll just send them this ...

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Has anyone received response from them?

Nobody received replies from them yesterday in my knowledge as i checked with some NP members also..many of the accounts gone to "suspect of fraud" and everybody's already registered domains with them is in a toss now.

Hope that they will resolve it soon..

I also regsitered some domains with another EU registar "Mrdomain" which support is smooth and domains safe and no account holding anything..also today i received mail of converting my account into silver account.many might have received this mail also..

Anyway patiently waiting😗😗

•••
They've responded and asked for ID & bank statement for the account where payment was sent from.

They assured it's a safety measure that will be resolved.

Good to see some movement. I ordered some more yesterday without issues but having a long-standing account and being from the country obviously helps :)

Keep us posted.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back