Dynadot

2 websites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i have one website at hostgator and im planning to build another one. Im wondering if i should create another account or use my current account to subscribe for another hosting. which is better? any suggestions? thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
thank you sir for your reply. i have a follow up question.I asked the tech support at hostgator about my plan to add another website and he recommended that i can just upgrade my package to baby from hatchling package so i could have unlimited domain. so i can upload my 2nd site there in the same hosting and just use another domain. is that fine? is that really the normal way? so if ever i will build another site its fine to use it again, that hosting? will my site become slow if ill do that?

•••
is that fine? is that really the normal way? so if ever i will build another site its fine to use it again, that hosting? will my site become slow if ill do that?

Yes, hosting multiple domains on a single shared hosting account is quite common. No, it won't slow down your site, unless you have very heavy traffic or the site's scripts are poorly written and tax the server, in which case you'll probably hear from your host anyway, asking you to upgrade to a VPS or dedicated server.

So, upgrading to the Baby package should be the easiest and cheapest way forward for you.

•••
wow thank you sir! that will save me a lot and now i wont hesitate to build more sites. by the way my sites are made of joomla with a plugin of kunena forum.

•••
Actually in my opinion if you check out most other providers in the offers forum, you will notice that it is probably cheaper to get another account with them than to upgrade at HostGator. You will also be able to experience a diversity of host in case one of them doesn't work out for you. :)

•••
Upgrade is easy, however I sugguest you try another provider. Why? We can't guarantee 100% Uptime, and setup two accounts from at least 2 locations can help you backup plan as well.

•••
The function you need to use is called "Add-on" domain and is available in cPanel. So you;d not spend on 2nd account as the other guys also suggested.

•••
If you are new to hosting then better upgrade your account and keep all your sites at Hostgator. They are good. But you can find cheaper providers if you are willing to move your sites etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back