IT.COM

status-resolved 2 users on forum are the very same and bid up their own auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay-EBN

Established Member
Impact
Well, I will post this as an OPINION so potentially I wont be banned but most likely I still will. With that being said, if I am banned, you all are awesome and its just sad that a great forum like this will allow some crap like this to go on.

So here is the run down:

The following two users are the very same person:
namepros.com / members / steitieh.48045/
namepros.com / members / dnbank-com.188748/

How I can verify this? Quite simple actually. If you run a who.is search on dnbank.com, you will see the nameservers at trilotns.com. If you run the whois on trilot.com, as used in Steitieh's paypal(pp at trilot.com), you will see it has his name directly listed on the whois.

As well, the sure fire giveaway that I some how did not realize until not, if you look at his signature, he has a link to his facebook( .facebook.com / DnBankCom)

For the love of god this guy could have chose a dozen different ways of doing this. He has been upbidding his OWN auctions rigging prices and it almost worked on me on his listing of eckko.com and was damn close to working on me on pictured.net which would have cost me some serious money.

The admins refuse to do anything about this as the users supposedly supplied two different ID's for two different people supposedly proving they are different. However, the proof is clear as day. As well, I will most likely be banned for this, so thanks for the short time here but I refuse to be ripped off.

*Please excuse the extra slashes, had to add these to post the links.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Please see the summary post here:

Please make a public notice so that bidders are aware of this.
@steitieh is going to let them know they have a choice.

Guess he should have befriended you first.
Their account was closed because it was a duplicate account of another member (Unrelated to the auction). Otherwise, their marketplace access would have been removed (Not account closed).

Ever since the reports in March, @steitieh reaches out to us whenever he notices something suspicious in his auctions. We've had to void and delete bids as a result of it. In many cases he brought those to our attention and no one else. He's prevented multiple situations where new members could have bid up his auctions but he suspected something fishy and reported it to us.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back