IT.COM

status-resolved 2 users on forum are the very same and bid up their own auctions

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay-EBN

Established Member
Impact
Well, I will post this as an OPINION so potentially I wont be banned but most likely I still will. With that being said, if I am banned, you all are awesome and its just sad that a great forum like this will allow some crap like this to go on.

So here is the run down:

The following two users are the very same person:
namepros.com / members / steitieh.48045/
namepros.com / members / dnbank-com.188748/

How I can verify this? Quite simple actually. If you run a who.is search on dnbank.com, you will see the nameservers at trilotns.com. If you run the whois on trilot.com, as used in Steitieh's paypal(pp at trilot.com), you will see it has his name directly listed on the whois.

As well, the sure fire giveaway that I some how did not realize until not, if you look at his signature, he has a link to his facebook( .facebook.com / DnBankCom)

For the love of god this guy could have chose a dozen different ways of doing this. He has been upbidding his OWN auctions rigging prices and it almost worked on me on his listing of eckko.com and was damn close to working on me on pictured.net which would have cost me some serious money.

The admins refuse to do anything about this as the users supposedly supplied two different ID's for two different people supposedly proving they are different. However, the proof is clear as day. As well, I will most likely be banned for this, so thanks for the short time here but I refuse to be ripped off.

*Please excuse the extra slashes, had to add these to post the links.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just for your information I am not Rami the owner of the domain and I've got the ability to buy it at the BIN price , but I love to play a game of cat and mouse with people like you who are crying like a children

•••
Just for your information I am not Rami the owner of the domain and I've got the ability to buy it at the BIN price , but I love to play a game of cat and mouse with people like you who are crying like a children

You really should not be posting to this thread. Even your method of writing in the English language is identical to your other account. How the admins allowed you to go this long is beyond me. The evidence is clear, even other users have been making these claims in the past because they are true.

You, Rami #2 and Rami #1 are exactly the same. Feel free to claim I am the own crying because you were caught. Caught blatantly in a scheme to defraud other users of this forum. Honestly, RAMI SHOULD REALLY CHANGE HIS FB NAME CONSIDERING IT IS THE SAME AS YOURS DNBANK. Facebook: facebook / com/DnBankCom

•••
Well, I will post this as an OPINION so potentially I wont be banned but most likely I still will. With that being said, if I am banned, you all are awesome and its just sad that a great forum like this will allow some crap like this to go on.

So here is the run down:

The following two users are the very same person:
namepros.com / members / steitieh.48045/
namepros.com / members / dnbank-com.188748/

How I can verify this? Quite simple actually. If you run a who.is search on dnbank.com, you will see the nameservers at trilotns.com. If you run the whois on trilot.com, as used in Steitieh's paypal(pp at trilot.com), you will see it has his name directly listed on the whois.

As well, the sure fire giveaway that I some how did not realize until not, if you look at his signature, he has a link to his facebook( .facebook.com / DnBankCom)

For the love of god this guy could have chose a dozen different ways of doing this. He has been upbidding his OWN auctions rigging prices and it almost worked on me on his listing of eckko.com and was damn close to working on me on pictured.net which would have cost me some serious money.

The admins refuse to do anything about this as the users supposedly supplied two different ID's for two different people supposedly proving they are different. However, the proof is clear as day. As well, I will most likely be banned for this, so thanks for the short time here but I refuse to be ripped off.

*Please excuse the extra slashes, had to add these to post the links.

These 2 accounts were reported by multiple members (including me) and I sent the moderators a lot of evidences that these 2 accounts are owned by Rami, but NamePros moderators have said that they contacted them and verified that there is no link between the two members.

DNBank.com was probably sold by Rami to DNBANK.com guy. As we can see on DNBank's profile, his previous name was "nabeels" and it was changed to DNBank.com on Aug 22, 2016.

Why would a shill bidder change his second account's name to one of his domain names? Who knows?

Last edited:
•••
You really should not be posting to this thread. Even your method of writing in the English language is identical to your other account. How the admins allowed you to go this long is beyond me. The evidence is clear, even other users have been making these claims in the past because they are true.

You, Rami #2 and Rami #1 are exactly the same. Feel free to claim I am the own crying because you were caught. Caught blatantly in a scheme to defraud other users of this forum. Honestly, RAMI SHOULD REALLY CHANGE HIS FB NAME CONSIDERING IT IS THE SAME AS YOURS DNBANK. Facebook: facebook / com/DnBankCom

You joined few days back writing me to join my auctions - asking whether you can pay by Skrill because you can't get your PayPal account verified (Don't know nor care why Mr. Attorney) - I said OK and told you about my other auctions.

Playing Inspector Gadget is not always a smart thing to do you're just making a stupid of yourself doing so - I will NOT defend myself to a person like you :) I will leave it to @Eric Lyon to act on it.

And in no obligation am i to answer back to you when I do have this name in there - you just jump into conclusions and act without thinking which is even more stupid for an "Attorney" to do.

Thanks,
-RAMI

•••
I just find this hilarious that the two insult others in exactly the same demeanor. How these two have gotten away with this for so long is beyond me.

•••
@Haris100 Can you provide your evidence here about cheating. We need to see it to make our minds about this case. Thanks

•••
I'll come out in public and state that I know for a fact Rami or @steitieh ran questionable auctions as I've tracked the bidders of 50+ auctions and 1 bidder always appeared, but never won (@tha-she). There was one or two instances when the bidder won, and the domain never transferred. The excuse? They settled it via pm to cancel those particular auctions.

Rami has always been shill bidding on namePros and he can attribute some of his success towards this.

While those two bidders aren't allowed to bid against each other anymore, I too, have been tracking him to ensure he hasn't been anymore. It's questionable, but a valid issue.

@Eric Lyon , this is the second accusation against @steitieh using namePros to shill bid and profit on unsuspecting buyers. As discussed, and when you verify these bidding patterns again... you need to take final action. As we spoke the first time, the first allegation should have removed his PRO status on namePros, but, it didn't. This should close the deal; PROs don't earn money this way (oh, also limited marketplace and a possible ban).

This will most likely be an unpopular post, but I'm just on nP to protect members.

•••
Thank you for your input David Walker. I don't know if I should feel better that I am not the only one that fell for this or feel even worse that this wasn't stopped before. I just hope that the Admins do what's right and blatantly obvious at this point.

•••
David is One of the most Ethical guys on here. I think most REAL PROS would agree that Rami has been cheating. He has been reported by many people, but he still gets newbies in his net of shill bidding. I think to prove shill bidding you do not have to prove its same person bidding. Its a NET of cheaters that pump up his auctions. Every PRO on NAMEPROS TOLD ME IN PRIVATE RAMI IS A CHEATER. I Know ask them to come on this thread and confirm it!

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for your input David Walker. I don't know if I should feel better that I am not the only one that fell for this or feel even worse that this wasn't stopped before. I just hope that the Admins do what's right and blatantly obvious at this point.
Nope. I feel at fault for dropping the issue after their bidding privilege was revoked instead of pushing it to get that PRO badge removed as it requires a 2nd vote from a PRO member (and Rami, although shouldn't, is highly respected in this community).

My apologies I didn't do a better job from the beginning.

•••
Whilst it is not my place to make any ruling on this issue and I understand that these situations can be frustrating when they arise I would like to advise (not suggesting anyone has done otherwise) that involved parties conduct themselves in a mature, professional manner and refrain from inflaming the situation further whilst it is dealt with in due course by Namepros Administration. Thanks.

•••
Whilst it is not my place to make any ruling on this issue and I understand that these situations can be frustrating when they arise I would like to advise that involved parties conduct themselves in a mature, professional manner and refrain from inflaming the situation further whilst it is dealt with in due course by Namepros Administration. Thanks.
If most people believe Rami is a scammer on NamePros and admins will rule in his favor. It will reflect on NamePros and if people can ever trust judgement of its admin. I think you understand that credibility of namepros is on the line here?

•••
It is not my place to comment, I'm here simply to keep the peace meanwhile.

•••
I'll come out in public and state that I know for a fact Rami or @steitieh ran questionable auctions as I've tracked the bidders of 50+ auctions and 1 bidder always appeared, but never won (@tha-she). There was one or two instances when the bidder won, and the domain never transferred. The excuse? They settled it via pm to cancel those particular auctions.

Rami has always been shill bidding on namePros and he can attribute some of his success towards this.

While those two bidders aren't allowed to bid against each other anymore, I too, have been tracking him to ensure he hasn't been anymore. It's questionable, but a valid issue.

@Eric Lyon , this is the second accusation against @steitieh using namePros to shill bid and profit on unsuspecting buyers. As discussed, and when you verify these bidding patterns again... you need to take final action. As we spoke the first time, the first allegation should have removed his PRO status on namePros, but, it didn't. This should close the deal; PROs don't earn money this way (oh, also limited marketplace and a possible ban).

This will most likely be an unpopular post, but I'm just on nP to protect members.

I can back up the above, same thing happened to me, domain never changed hands. I reported it but no connection was found by the mods. At the time I chalked it off to whois wasn't updated and I left it at that.

•••
NOTE: I am just sharing the evidences I found. I am not accusing Rami Steitieh of shill bidding, I accused him before but according to NamePros moderators, they verified it and there was no link between the two members.

Rami last updated his status on Nov 3 2015 which said "DNBank.com". He recently deleted it AFTER NP moderators found no link between the two guys. He could've deleted his status before starting shill bidding (if he was shill bidding) as every member would go to their profile every once in a while, No one is that stupid that they would use one of their domains (former) for shill bidding, or name the shill bidder account with the same domain name. As I said above, DNBank.com was probably sold by Rami to DNBANK.com guy. As we can see on DNBank's profile, his previous name was "nabeels" and it was changed to DNBank.com on Aug 22, 2016. Why would a shill bidder pay for a name change for his 2nd account? No one is that stupid guys.

Alright, now the 'evidences'.

- Will leave the auctions list, we all know DNBank.com has bid on dozens of Rami's auctions.

- Trade reviews for DNBank.com
https://www.namepros.com/tradereviews/dnbank-com.188748/view/for
This guy buys domains from other too (including me)

After these evidences were reported, Amanda (moderator) said "These two members were actually brought to my attention a few days ago. I did quite an extensive check on both of them and was unable to find anything to link the two at this time. I am going to be keeping an eye on both because I do see the same issues that are being reported."

- Check the domains listed on http://dnbank.com/category/COMDOMAINSFORSALE
A lot of listed domains have whois' showing Steitieh's name

- Rest is what was found my the OP. Trilotns.com etc

In the end, I will quote the OP.

"For the love of god this guy could have chose a dozen different ways of doing this."

•••
Guys, sometimes we sell a domain and the negotiation and the deal goes great, and the buyer just keeps coming back to us with different domain requests, same thing MIGHT be happening here. Nabeel (English is not his native language, I can tell by the name @Jay-EBN ) bought DNBank.com and now buys a lot domains from Rami.. if Rami is so smart that he can outsmart the admins and the moderators why would he not update his website, or would not delete his NP status during shill bidding (if he ever was shill bidding).. the status is right below the Username. Everyone could clearly see during an auction that right below Rami's username there is written "DNBank.com" and a user with the username "DNBank.com" is bidding on that auction. If Rami was shill bidding then he would've deleted that, but I think he wasn't worried about it because he was not shill bidding.

imo

•••
I really do think that the evidence is too damn convincing to change my mind that nothing had occurred here. I find even more alarming that now mods are removing my posts warning other members of this scam.

Same here mate, When @Amanda did her research the 2nd time and told me and another accuser that there wasn't any shill bidding, the other guy said something like "great news" but I had no words, I really couldn't believe it. But I have reported other shill bidding accounts and they have been banned, I don't think NP would let someone shill bid knowingly. It is a matter of credibility and integrity and NP admins and moderators know it.

•••
I will most likely be banned for this, so thanks for the short time here
We do not ban anyone for voicing their opinions or concerns, as long as it's done with tact. While you have very limited information at your disposal about this, it sounds like your intentions are good.

We will produce a summary for you once we finish gathering the details.

•••
If most people believe Rami is a scammer on NamePros and admins will rule in his favor. It will reflect on NamePros and if people can ever trust judgement of its admin. I think you understand that credibility of namepros is on the line here?
Nothing will happen to Rami, and if it does, I would be surprised. There will be "no link" found, because frankly, the administration fails to look deep enough. I had to scour each auction, track winners, and do a whois on the domains 8-10 days after auction end (7 days the max to complete a sale per rules). I ended up providing all the evidence in the shill bidding ring involving @steitieh and @tha-she (others also appeared, but I couldn't definitively connect them without the whois as it did update).

It would be an embarrassment to namePros for facilitating the following auction(s) if they take action, cause I'm sure they may have been well aware of prior allegations with "no link" at this time as well.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/liquidation-event-domain-auctions.879190/

That's all I have regarding this matter and hope that the proper action is taken this time.

•••
The bidding is suspect here as we npers don't normally raise bids in such large increments. Legitimate reputable auction houses all over the world hire shill bidders to raise prices which in turn increases the auction houses commission. It may not be right, but it is legal.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/pictured-net.976465/page-2

•••
It would be an embarrassment to namePros for facilitating the following auction(s) if they take action
It would not be an embarrassment at all. Everyone makes mistakes, and we learn from ours. If it were embarrassing, it would not stop us from taking action. We've proven that multiple times with public posts that highlight and correct our mistakes when they happen.

Please try to contribute to the discussion instead of spreading misinformation. If you take this thread off topic, your posts will be removed.

•••
The bidding is suspect here as we npers don't normally raise bids in such large increments. Legitimate reputable auction houses all over the world hire shill bidders to raise prices which in turn increases the auction houses commission. It may not be right, but it is legal.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/pictured-net.976465/page-2
Shill bidding is legal? I would strongly disagree with it. Its obviously a form of fraud that injures third party. You can check statutes in your state. It's obviously depends on amount and frequency of fraud. I am not saying Interpol should be on this case, but shill bidding is FRAUD.

Last edited:
•••
There will be "no link" found, because frankly, the administration fails to look deep enough. I had to scour each auction, track winners, and do a whois on the domains 8-10 days after auction end (7 days the max to complete a sale per rules).

instead of spreading misinformation

Feel free to delete this post, but don't even state I'm spreading misinformation in regards to the first paragraph. I can only come to my conclusion regarding the auction due to hearsay prior to those auctions taking place.

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back