NameSilo

.info $2 .infos

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well I was just checking out a few names and I found a .info that I wanted to register and I noticed now it is only $2 for a one year registration at Domainsite. I never registered a .info before and I didn't even consider it until now but has it always been $2 or is this a limited time deal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Limited Offer on $1.99 Info's at DomainSite ,but several other place's have them at reasonable prices

plus you should think about regging some other TLD's including .info's
Often makes more sense than .com
I may be biased as I have nearly 50 .info's (and Retail them for $2.75)

Last edited:
•••
I have several .INFOs and sold some of them from 1 to 3 dollars. But i'm still reluctant of buying and selling .INFO tld.

•••
namecheap is currently selling .info names for $2.88.

•••
Man, I've regged my 5 .infos at the wrong place. :( I know where I'm going next though. :)

•••
Jimmy Changa said:
Man, I've regged my 5 .infos at the wrong place. :( I know where I'm going next though. :)
Where ?

•••
enom also has .info for 1.99$...

•••
Barefoottech said:

I'm embaressed to say that I've regged them at GD using the "loophole" which is still $3 more than I needed to. doh!

•••
I get them for W'sale ,so I don't need no Stinkeen Loopholes

•••
I'm glad I've only purchase 5 so far. I have plans on several more and am VERY glad I found out the place to buy them.

I do have that auction for .infos (see sig), but I bought those via auction myself. I just need money right now. :(

•••
I can reg. .info for you at 100 NP$/domain at http://resellers.co.in

And $1.50/.info if want to order more than 10 .info.

Thanks,
Pratik

•••
Sounds good. When I get ready, I know where to go.

•••
There was one site, can't remember the address, who were giving away free .info domains.

•••
I have been using Namecheap for $2.88 thanks for the post.

•••
im looking for offers right now on http://www.knobby.info... I know this goes in another area, but since we're on the subject...

•••
brucebolt said:
There was one site, can't remember the address, who were giving away free .info domains.

It was actually domainsite and they only lasted for 2 months and the offer didn't last very thing.

•••
hotrod12 said:
It was actually domainsite and they only lasted for 2 months and the offer didn't last very thing.
It was actually several different registrars and resellers passing on a deal from afilias the operators of the .info Registry. Literally 10's of thousands were regged daily for a period of a few weeks and I wonder how many will be renewed??

•••
Yeah I know but I guess since they only lasted for 2 months so anybody who had a good name would definelty want to renew it.

•••
Why is .info so unpopular...perhaps unpopular isn't the right word even so why are they so cheap...its a question noone I've asked has been able to answer.

•••
thekingstooge said:
Why is .info so unpopular...perhaps unpopular isn't the right word even so why are they so cheap...its a question noone I've asked has been able to answer.

Perhaps because the best type of traffic is type-in traffic. Most people simply type a word or phrase into thier browser and hit enter. Browsers usually go to the dot com version of whatever they wrote in the tool bar...

Since the default ext is .com, typically people go to .coms first then .net, then .org and finally a hodge podge of others including .info. Therefore they dont get nearly the clicks, and therefore their low price.

The only trick is that .info gets lots of European and Asian traffic. While European traffic yeilds a decent amount of clicks, Chinease traffic doesnt. Its just very unpredictable and that makes the market for them decrease.

•••
It seems to me that many here (at NamePros) place way too much emphasis on type in traffic. I wonder if it's only those who don't, won't or can't develop sites. I guess this is a topic for another thread. ;)

•••
It mightbe because type in traffic = name recognition which clearly gets you ahead when designing a site.

While site design is where the money comes from, it doesn't hurt to get curious websurfers on name alone... :gl:

•••
This emphasis on type-in Traffic is not limited to .com's
I get type-in traffic for several of my .info's
I use FireFox as do Millions of other WebSurfer's
and it doesn't automatically just look at .com's
but uses a google search for a match on type-in
(Try BareFootTech as Type-in . You will get My blog not my .com because My blog has higher Pr)

I may be biased towards .info ,but i think that
IamLookingFor.info is a better name than IamLookingFor.com
I buy what TLD suit the domain name, not just .com's
Yes the Price of .info's are cheap, all the more reason to buy them

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back