Domain Empire

1plus.net - Not a plus

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
A week ago I moved 7 of my better domains to 1plus.net including CreditCardsIndustry.com and BetterHomeBusiness.com

Since then, they have not earned a penny. The sites appear to be up and working, but no visitors or revenue according to google.

I am disappointed once again and will think twice before I go through the bother of applications and handing out all my vital personal data.

Like many others of you, I get no response to support questions. There are absolutely no stats, so I could not argue with them that the domains had previously received traffic.

I will be removing the domains from 1plus.net and I won't go back to them.

Thought I would share this with you all.

susi

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
HeavyDuty said:
Maybe I should have phrased my question differently. Are the stats you quoted coming from your own independent tracking methods, or only the stats provided by the parking host?

Ah, right..

Here goes.

1. The 1plus stats are turned off right now - long story
2. You may use your own stats tracking program (like analytics) if you so wish and this feature is available.
3. very soon when we install / make some big changes, stats will be very comprehensive

•••
Badger said:
Ah, right..

Here goes.

1. The 1plus stats are turned off right now - long story
2. You may use your own stats tracking program (like analytics) if you so wish and this feature is available.
3. very soon when we install / make some big changes, stats will be very comprehensive
I'm not sure that stats provided by a parking service would be reliable anyway. That's why I asked verbster where he derived his numbers from.

I much prefer the mini-site approach exactly like 1plus offers.

Speaking of 1plus ................
I like the entire concept, including the admin area. The only issue I see, and it certainly doesn't apply to all, is the header layout (news template). I have some 31 character domains which forces a serious scroll at an 800x600 resolution. If the title block was above the ad block, instead of them being side-by-side, it would accommodate all domain lengths up to the allowed 64 characters.

The long domains in the 'MORE DOMAINS' block actually push the 120x600 adsense tower off the template sometimes. If that block was was in the same column as the 250x250 ad block there would be more room for long domains and it wouldn't break the layout. This doesn't show up in the admin previews because the subs aren't shown (www). On the live sites the subs (www) are included which just adds to the character length problems.

I'm sure you never get done tweaking Badger, LOL
1plus gets a "thumbs-up" from me.

~ my 2c worth ~
I'm not sure that 100% server uptime is a reasonable expectation by anyone.
Google's not even online 100% of the time.

•••
Badger said:
Hey come on, play fair. Weve received 4 mails from you today, and we answered 3 within a few minutes and the other within 20minutes.

No sooner had we said our server had zero downtime since november, the datacentre where it is sited has gone down... Irony personified.

Anyway, hopefully normal service will be resumed shortly.

I had to take a walk around the block,sometimes i over exert myself but the fact of the matter is, 1plus.net is up and my sites still down.I'm here to make friends,so i will stick around and see what happens!Thanks for the emails!!

•••
vwaites36 said:
I had to take a walk around the block,sometimes i over exert myself but the fact of the matter is, 1plus.net is up and my sites still down.I'm here to make friends,so i will stick around and see what happens!Thanks for the emails!!

Well, were here to help you so if you could let me know what you see when you type in your domains, maybe we can get to the problem.

I can assure you of one thing, your sites i can see working right now so they are not 'down', just for some reason you cant see them working.

•••
Is there any way to add your own original articles to 1plus sites?

If so, how?

I hate being penalized by Goooogle for duplicate content.

I bet I could rise higher in SERPs with 1plus domains that don't have duplicate content.

Thanks! :tu:

•••
vwaites36 said:
I like the concept of 1plus.net,but they are so unreliable!!all of my sites are down and this is not the first time.How is a person to make any money?
are they down or slow to load?
i have 3 sites that take 2-5 minutes to load

@ Badger, is the contact form working now?

•••
ethix said:
are they down or slow to load?
i have 3 sites that take 2-5 minutes to load

@ Badger, is the contact form working now?

( error 500 unknown host )whenever i check the sites.

•••
Isnt there some proxy site thing you can type your domain into to see how everyone else see's it?

•••
I'm not sure that stats provided by a parking service would be reliable anyway. That's why I asked verbster where he derived his numbers from.
The numbers are/were hypothetical examples of any domain with established type-in traffic, which could be monitored via the parking site, via an independent system like adsense (analytics) or a combination of both. It really doesn't matter as long as it's a credible measurement of type-in traffic on one end.

You may not think parking stats are accurate, but Fabulous, TrafficClub, Moniker and some others are pretty accurate..otherwise it's a type of fraud/embezzlement.

My point was that if there's an established history of daily averaged type-in traffic, that daily average will exist no matter what parking service is used or not used. So if xxxxxxx.com has an established record of 500 unique type-in visitors per day, that same domain will get the 500 (average) type-ins per day whether it is parked at Fabulous, 1plus, sedo or joes parking garage.

This whole example was merely to point out that if someone's "best" domain was getting an average number of type-ins at traffic club, if it was moved to 1plus, it would still get those type-ins at 1plus....but that if the visit numbers tracked at 1plus through adsense or analytics showed no traffic, there has to be a problem either on the customer's end (either with their configuration at 1plus or their config with adsense) or on 1plus' end somewhere...because the type-ins should show somewhere...500 (or however many per day don't just stop.

Last edited:
•••
HasRob said:
Isnt there some proxy site thing you can type your domain into to see how everyone else see's it?

Sure there is rob, you can go to Dnsstuff.com and check the dns and timing for your domains at anytime.

If your talking of proxy / anonymous surfing then also there are lots of these sites also.

•••
Badger said:
Sure there is rob, you can go to Dnsstuff.com and check the dns and timing for your domains at anytime.

If your talking of proxy / anonymous surfing then also there are lots of these sites also.

Thanks, that helped alot.I visited dnsstuff.com and this is what i found:

Myriadfile.com
Fail:Missing nameservers 2
ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:
ns1.1plus.net.
ns2.1plus.net.

SOA Record
No valid SOA record came back:
(root) is not myriadfile.com.

I don't understand it,please explain.

•••
vwaites36 said:
Thanks, that helped alot.I visited dnsstuff.com and this is what i found:

Myriadfile.com
Fail:Missing nameservers 2
ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:
ns1.1plus.net.
ns2.1plus.net.

SOA Record
No valid SOA record came back:
(root) is not myriadfile.com.

I don't understand it,please explain.

Replied in detail to your email.

Dont worry about above, all this is saying is that the 1plus nameservers dont have your domains registered on our servers. This is the case for all the domains we host. We dont add NS records because of the volume and amount of daily changes that occur. Instead we use a domain wildcard / catchall script that temporarily adds them when we receive a visitor to your domain.

Like I said in the email, unfortunately, somewhere your end a firewall is preventing you from seeing your sites. Possibly at the ISP level.

•••
Newbie to 1Plus and got problems

Hi, I have put up a 100 domains in 1plus. I clicked on the 'Verify' button and keeping the msg

---------------------
1Plus.net haven't found any suitable emails in WHOIS entry for this domain.
Please contact us to solve this problem.
----------------------

I have make sure the WHOIS info is updated and correct. Its been about 4 days and still the same.

Anyone can advise?

thanks
anthony

•••
Anthony, Badger can confirm but is your login email the same as the email address on your whois? I think this is how it is verified.

Cheers,
Aaron

•••

hi, I'm here for the first time. I'd like to say that I parked a domain 1plus three weeks ago(there used to be a small site developed before, but hasn't been existing for last year). I made $90 during these three weeks (AdSense). So it looks to me like it is working (don't have data to compare for this specific domain). Thanks, Badger.

•••
•••
bru said:
hi, I'm here for the first time. I'd like to say that I parked a domain 1plus three weeks ago(there used to be a small site developed before, but hasn't been existing for last year). I made $90 during these three weeks (AdSense). So it looks to me like it is working (don't have data to compare for this specific domain). Thanks, Badger.

No, thankyou Bru - nice to hear positive stories posted publically - as usually we only get those in private and criticisms always come publically.. Nature of the beast I guess..

And also, welcome to Namepros...

•••
Bru:

Did you use the evening news template that alot of people are using -- or did
you use the morning news template?

I really like the look to the morning news template. However, I do not like the
banner ads for 1plus and namepro being front and center. I have no
problem with banners from 1plus and namepro being on the site, I just
do not like them being the first thing a visitor sees when they enter site.

Take my plasma tv site. When a visitor comes to this site they are expecting
to find information and products that are relevant to the topic of
"plasma televisions." I'd much rather see banner ads for plasma tv's front
and center.

To me, this is just marketing 101. If a prospect is hot for product "X" . . .
you don't start off the selling process by showing them product "Y".

If there is a way to change the ad placement in, please let me know.

Jon

•••
1plus

Yes, Jon, I've done what is said in this excellent step by step thing by Artful (great thanks for this one). I never really used to park sites before, so I can't compare different offers: but Sedo never brought me any money, while 1plus works fine (is it just a domain name? I've got over $130 since jan21 on americash.com, would like some comments on that, please)

No problem, Badger, just reporting. I have a question though: what do I do with privately registered domains? How do you check if they are mine if there is no email address to compare? Any suggestions?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back