Domain Empire

poll 1k offr.. with $20 min.. what goes through buyers mind?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

would you accept it or counter? if so how much?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes I'd take his first offer of 1k in this case

• I'd counter with 2-4k

• I'd counter with 5-10k

• counter with 10k+

• I'd counter but not sure how much

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

alcy

Top Member
Impact
got today a $1000 right off the bat offer on gd auctions (so its official/binding as they come) .... there is no bin there.. its for a one word plural noun .org domain... that actuially does in a way (or could) represent an organization.. of people... fitting a particular viewpoint in this case.. so its not like airconditioners.org or something like that.. where ext does not quite fit with keyword..
to give you vague idea.. think something like...........idealists..org

.net equivalent is 14 years old.
com should be round 20

my question is... would you take it or counter it.. if so how much? its just a 2017 handreg domain.. with good reg history archive as per foto attached.. so this isn't about roi.. which is great.. but just trying to understand the buyer's mind and approach here.

trying to gather some views from people who've seen more of these than me... in particular it intereat me to hear what you think it means in terms of potential negotiations when someone right off the bet says $1000 offer.. when min price is $20.. as I like to put for all or most of my domains.

thanks for taking the time to comment. hoping this can benefit others in similar situations.

Attachments

• 345t3454.JPG
    345t3454.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have accepted a number of offers in the past through GoDaddy auctions, only for that user to not pay and end up getting banned.

I only consider a domain sold once the money arrives in my account. Until then, I just think of it as an inquiry.

•••
I have accepted a number of offers in the past through GoDaddy auctions, only for that user to not pay and end up getting banned.

I only consider a domain sold once the money arrives in my account. Until then, I just think of it as an inquiry.

intereating. you are the 2nd to say this.
I for one have sold a few things there too and my unpaid buyer ratio was say only 20%.

but yes, non paying bidders are everywhere. I didn't say there aren't. I just said godfaddy auctions is about as binding as they come... because for instance, it doesn't compare to incoming email iqnuiries parked pages or otherwise.. where buyer is free to disappear anhy day, after making whatever offer.. with zero consequwence.. whereas on gd, there are major consequences.. which most do not want to mess around with.. I think even sedo if memeory serves wel is less strict than gd about non pying buyers... so imo most people will pay. there is another guy on here who says more than 50% of people do not pay.. and me who says more than 50% do pay. it's a simple thing to resolve for good.. and we're waiting on @Joe Styler .. to give rought idea % how many are non paying overall. all across gd of course. cause my sasles and his are a drop compared to all gd sales.

as of now I accepted his last offer.. turns out we went for another round of negotations. so its 1.5k sale.. pending his payment. offer was accepted 30 mins ago. I hope it works out fine. seems the buyer really wants the name for a personal site project, from his comments.

cheers, thanks for al inputs.

Last edited:
•••
I am working from home today so I don't have the full numbers but it is sub 1% of deals that are not completed last time I checked.

•••
but for fun of it, and educaton material for future domainers, I thought I'd make thread out of this... and ask waht must be going through buyer mind.. when he begins with 1k offr.. when minimum is $20... and no bin.. my vote is that he wants it pretty bad and that his first offer is not necessarily max.

but often it is
as you can't talk to the other party
every counter offer can kill the deal

I 'm always for negotiation
but it's an .org

I would take it

•••
You have to counter. For us. For future sales. Taking 1k means offer was too high

no I don't agree
most buyers buy only once

"I already do own a domain "

•••
Rarely does someone make a decent offer that they are not willing to increase some. Most of the time you can get more money out of them but don't be greedy or they will walk.

that may be true on a .com
and if you can see the value
being much higher

in that case here
it's gambling

•••
I am working from home today so I don't have the full numbers but it is sub 1% of deals that are not completed last time I checked.

thanks Joe. appreciate your time. I guess its a long way from the 50% failure rate the other person seems to have been mentioning. its good to get facts straight.

•••
I Will do Counter with $7k (Newbie Domainer) :xf.wink:

•••
I Will do Counter with $7k (Newbie Domainer) :xf.wink:

thanks for input ;)
in my case that'd be too high for buyer.

domain all sold ...1.5k and paid. cheers.

•••
thank you for keep us updated and congratulation for your sell :)

•••
Take the offer and close the sale. good luck

•••
A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back