Dynadot

1and1

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I turned off autorenew for all my domain now my whole control panel is locked and none of the forwarding is working, and i can't change the name servers they are all stuck.
Have you ever heard of such a practice before by a domain registrar?
:notme:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have no experience with 1and1 I was just about to move tons of domain there. Thank you guys for this thread :)) I guess I will stick with the daddy ...Go....daddy at least their customer service is 24/7 and no debt collector will be running after me for domain renewal fees.

•••
I have no experience with 1and1 I was just about to move tons of domain there. Thank you guys for this thread :)) I guess I will stick with the daddy ...Go....daddy at least their customer service is 24/7 and no debt collector will be running after me for domain renewal fees.
Its not abt not paying for renewal. Its that we want to cancel a service and they will NOT let you and keep charging you.

•••
It was because of them, that I applied for domain-reselling to get more control over my domains, so now I use my own reseller-panel for my own domain-names. :)

What reseller do you use? I need to switch!

•••
Does anyone know if they do a credit check before you a buy a domain? Lol apparently you can register domains in advance and they bill you after? and you sign up to a contract when you first register everyone has a contract number ..scary.

•••
I've just ordered a domain from 1and1.(1$)
Hope everything will be fine with them? I heard people need 3-5 days to get control of domain.

NOTICE:
Just using domain service, not hosting.
Ouch, apparently their domain sucks too!

I waited 3 days after placing my domain order, no news, no reply, no nothing, and then on the third day, here they come, but damn, they say the domain I placed in my order has already been registered by someone else. Arrrgghhh!!

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

You better off pulling all your domains out from them immediately and go with other registrar.
You are risking your domains with 1and1. I've just been scammed by them just a few days ago.

Let me share it in my post below.

---------- Post added at 03:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

I got this new domain that I wanted to register and I placed an order for that on the 1st of June 2012 but then I never received any reply at all from them even after going through payment/contract through Paypal (it's like an ongoing/recurring payment agreement that I had to agree to according to their policy as mentioned by 'richface', it's some sort of a contract before you receive your goods/service, scary indeed!). Well I got all my Paypal agreement done with them and still no reply whatsoever. So I waited for 2 - 3 days, and today 4 June 2012 I finally received a reply after emailing them on 2 June 2012 pointing out that issue.

I thought I received a confirmation that the domain registration order I placed through 1and1 has been successfully processed, but damn it!!! Guess what now?!! I looked up the whois search and it reveals that domain has just been registered by this f'ing 'Fundacion Private Whois Domain Administrator' , and registration date?? You guess it, it's 2012-6-3 (3rd June 2012!! Huh?!)

1and1, if it's one of your employees/directors/managers who did this, you got really a very dirty and nasty game you play here.
And in case it's someone who is affiliated with that sucker who works in your company that played this dirty game, 1and1, your company still sucks big time!!!

For guys out there, never ever use 1and1's domain registration service, why? Because of this:

1. Your domain will never get registered straight away, it will sit there waiting 2 - 3 maybe longer to be processed
2. While that's awaiting, you risk your domain name somehow got stolen intentionally/unintentionally by one of their staff or their affiliate
3. Their online customer account system does not work properly, I tried to login with the correct account number and password, it didn't let me in, even though after I reset my password, and used new password still no nothing!
4. If such scam like this can happen (not only this time, pls pls read other threads in this forum), it means you are also risking all your valuable info i.e. payment details, personal details, you name the rest could be shared and exposed to their scams affiliate or some sort.

Enough complaint, does anyone know what are the procedures/things involved in bringing this attention to ICANN so I can report this issue to be investigated by ICANN please? I guess it's my bad luck this time, but I'll bite the bullet and move on, however, it makes me so p'ssed off that it forces me to at least report this case to ICANN.

Now I read some posts here that ICANN is most likely to ignore such 'small' case, what are we supposed to do?

•••
I was considering regging a few of the 99 cent dot coms, any good reviews, or ANYONE without probs transferring out/closing accounts with 1&1?

•••
I was able to transfer out a couple of names, however, all registrars make it difficult for you transfer out. However, a 99 cents from 1&1 offer MUST have some strings attached.

Their Ad people do a very good job at promoting the company beautifully, however, the crappiness of the way they treat clients and how they milk them is deplorable.

•••
Global WHOIS-issue with Tech/Billing-contacts

Yesterday noticed these abnormal records on ALL of my 1and1-domains:

Billing ID:C3594293-LRMS
Billing Name:Shawn Slauenwhite
Billing Organization:Pemsas, My Entity
Billing Street1:89 Rue Jeannette
Billing Street2:
Billing Street3:
Billing City:Dieppe
Billing State/Province:NB
Billing Postal Code:E1A 0K3
Billing Country:CA
Billing Phone:+1.5062270245
Billing Phone Ext.:
Billing FAX:
Billing FAX Ext.:
Billing Email:[email protected]
Tech ID:C3594293-LRMS
Tech Name:Shawn Slauenwhite
Tech Organization:Pemsas, My Entity
Tech Street1:89 Rue Jeannette
Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:Dieppe
Tech State/Province:NB
Tech Postal Code:E1A 0K3
Tech Country:CA
Tech Phone:+1.5062270245
Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:[email protected]

•••
Looks like fake whois,
Hijacked domains ?

•••
Thank you for contacting us.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this technical glitch has brought you. This is a bug on the system that is already known and reported to our developers. At the moment, we do not have an estimated time frame for the fix however rest assured that we are currently working on a resolution. Once we have the fix, it will be implemented to all affected customers. To ensure that your case will be taken cared of, I will be adding the details of your case to the list of affected customers. We understand that you might be anxious to have this resolved as soon as possible so thank you so much for your patience while we work on the resolution.

Last edited:
•••
It is really amszing to me how companies like Godaddy, Namecheap, and Netfirms (to a lesser degree-) seem to be able to adress problem likes thes virtually immrdiately, and transfers/changes in service are just routine everyday things, but with others like 1&1 and dotster, even the sinplest of
tasks becomes a monumental acheivement. Sad, I will stay away, regardless of their slick ads and cheap regs, until they can turn it around.

•••
WHOIS-bug is fixed at now.

•••
I had the same problem with a few 1and1 domains--interestingly, as I was transferring to Dynadot. Resetting the WHOIS information fixed it, but it was quite suspicious.

•••
For some reason I once tried to try 1and1 (funny part, I was intending to buy a lot ot domains).
Well, I am from Bulgaria... a relatively small country in the corner of Europe, ex-communist, now a member of th EU, etc. Not blaming anyone for never heard of it, but hey... it is easily checkable that it is a part of EU (including the legal mainframe), have amongst the fastest broadbands speeds worldwide, highest rating forumers on StackOverflow etc. Maybe eventually we use those interwebs (often globally, due to the small local market) and write some softwarez.
Anyway.... while registering there was a dropdown to chose the your country. Burkana Faso, Some Isands... Bulgaria.. nope. Well then... maybe someone had forgotten to include it or something silly like that. I provided an address and phone in USA (which by the way were perfectly true and valid). Registered without a problem.
Next thing was to contact them to fix that silly error in the dropdown. Did not see any support chat, so I wrote them a message in Facebook.
They replied me that the can see my frustration (what?... anyway... then I became frustrated) but they don't work in Bulgaria.
Which left me wandering if they actually visit their customers phisically (so the distance matters.... but whell then, there were even more remote ad dangerous places to visit). Isn't my credit card (workig prefectly with anyone else worldwide) and PayPal worse... On the next morning I have recived a message that my account has been banned for being fake... Good thingk I haven't spend anything.

•••
I have always heard crappy things about 1 and 1 and for years resisted using the .99 coupon to buy a domain there but I just did it only because its a domain I will sell to a marketer instead of b2b end user.

It's been over 1 hour and my domain still isn't in my account lol
I am used to 2 minutes or less.

Navigation sucks and tried to call, was on hold for 20 minutes and just hung up.
This will be the only domain I ever buy there.
I hope I can sell it quick and be done with it.

There is not a problem transferring account to account in less than 60 days here right?
no fee or anything right?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back