IT.COM

1and1.com = HORRIBLE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have bought over 500 domains during my existence with 1and1.com, there has been no problem until when I requested a list of all of my names because they do NOT have an option for this anywhere on their website, which makes me frustrated because with all the technology and money they are making they cannot supply me with a simple list of my domain names?!??! They said I have to go to who.is and look each name 1 by 1 but that is NOT right and with 500 domains you can believe that would take some time, WTF? Second, about a year ago they decided to suddenly charge me $2 more without give me a noticed.... That would be fine for a client with 50 or less domains, I guess but i had over 500 names and thats another $1000 on top of the domain expenses... This company gives you no customer support, they up charge you at their convenience and I want to get the word out to be aware of this horrid company! Has anyone else had this or a bad experience with them? I think these experiences I stated are pretty valid reasons NOT to support them or use them for anything, especially giving them my hard earned money. Bottom line is 1and1.com are digital THIEVES!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yep. I recently renewed a domain at 1and1 I didn't even realized I still had in that account. I would have dropped it, the frustrating part is I have no auto-renewals set at any other registrar. At 1and1 it's not an option and they will renew any service automatically. I need to give the domain they just auto renewed away so that I have nothing in my 1and1 account for them to charge me for.

•••
Thieves I don't think they are. Prices change, and it's up to the user to agree to automatic renewals or not.

They are however really hard on procedures, which don't always make sense. They're also known to send you to collections if you don't pay up, so I'd be careful in that sense.

Good luck getting out of there and finding a registrar that fits your needs!

•••
They are not looking to rip you off. I assume they are big and lazy enough to keep hand on ;)

•••
This company grew a lot within the last 4 year by selling cheaper and underbidding the market. Don't be mad at me but you guys should calculate this when you decide to buy significant number of purchases with them. Now moving to another provider will take a lot of your time, but it would probably worth and would save some money.

•••
This company grew a lot within the last 4 year

They were already a huge company 4 years ago, and the biggest host around by the number of customers. If they biggest host around can't compete on price, who could? :)

•••
They were already a huge company 4 years ago, and the biggest host around by the number of customers. If they biggest host around can't compete on price, who could? :)

Should they? I suppose they shouldn't at all

•••
i still have a few unimportant domains with them - but a few years ago, I had a domain that mattered, and they gave me so much trouble when I wanted to transfer the domain out (it was a pretty long time ago and I wasn't sure of exactly what I had to do) - seems like they never wanted me to leave. as flattered as I was, I was even more annoyed.

but I'm sure a lot more people find them to be "good" or suitable otherwise they would have been out of business a while ago.

•••
1 & 1

Hello All.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong; but I think 1 & 1 own 40% of SEDO.

Having said that, I think 1 & 1 are unscrupulous in their methods. I'm sure they attract a lot of customers by offering very cheap packages (to start with) they then make it difficult to get away from them or at best don't help.
I had some domains registered through them, and wanted to check some details; but couldn't access my control panel. I called customer service who denied that any of the domain names I mentioned were listed to me. They even denied the existence of my account. Consequently I lost all the domains in my account. Fortunately, none of them were of great value; and I was going to drop some of them; but that's not the point. I certainly wouldn't use them again.

Regards

Ralph.

•••
I did have some domains with them, but I sold all and transferred my account to another person as he has bought all the domains in that account....after changing all emails and payment methods, they still decided to charge my paypal they had on file......fortunately the new owner paid me and I was able to cancel the 1and1 subscription.

•••
1and1 Does NOT support .MX - I am gone!

I have many accounts hosted with 1and1, not for long.

They just confirmed that they do not support the top level domain extension .MX, however, they do support .com.mx a second level domain extension.

I have bought over 500 domains during my existence with 1and1.com, there has been no problem until when I requested a list of all of my names because they do NOT have an option for this anywhere on their website, which makes me frustrated because with all the technology and money they are making they cannot supply me with a simple list of my domain names?!??! They said I have to go to who.is and look each name 1 by 1 but that is NOT right and with 500 domains you can believe that would take some time, WTF? Second, about a year ago they decided to suddenly charge me $2 more without give me a noticed.... That would be fine for a client with 50 or less domains, I guess but i had over 500 names and thats another $1000 on top of the domain expenses... This company gives you no customer support, they up charge you at their convenience and I want to get the word out to be aware of this horrid company! Has anyone else had this or a bad experience with them? I think these experiences I stated are pretty valid reasons NOT to support them or use them for anything, especially giving them my hard earned money. Bottom line is 1and1.com are digital THIEVES!

•••
Yep. I recently renewed a domain at 1and1 I didn't even realized I still had in that account. I would have dropped it, the frustrating part is I have no auto-renewals set at any other registrar. At 1and1 it's not an option and they will renew any service automatically. I need to give the domain they just auto renewed away so that I have nothing in my 1and1 account for them to charge me for.

The Link below is where you can set the auto - renewals

https://contract.oneandone.co.uk/se...yLYPrLvbucf5GtlR1mrdn/login_index.php3?e=2005

Any help PM me..

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Use moniker.com or bluehost.com

1&1.com is only good for on thing..... If you have a domain that you wanna keep and just left parked on a parking page (i.e sedo)

•••
Yeah I had a friend who used 1and1.com and they were horrible. I swear to God, after going over stuff with him, I think their customer support representatives consists only of bots.

•••
Yeah I had a friend who used 1and1.com and they were horrible. I swear to God, after going over stuff with him, I think their customer support representatives consists only of bots.

Just busy persons or fully automated system ;)

•••
I had a website with them a long time ago and I recently started getting calls from a debt collector saying I owe $50 in some fees or something. They have a terrible cancellation process and the service is awful. I would advise anyone against using them.

•••
same here a little research pays off, not really, it is a neccessity in doing business. just do a google search on them on you'll see how horrible they are.

•••
I find it a bit odd that 1and1 cannot easily list all of your domains for you (and you do not have an area where you can view them all yourself)

•••
I have a friend which buy some hosting to 1and1. After 2 weeks decides to move the site because the hosting was not very good. He never see the money back (30 days money back guarantee). After this experience I think 1and1 is a bad company.

•••
I dont think what they did was cheating, price can go up and down - it is natural. Whether you have 1 domain or a thousand, they can't do much about it.

If you are not happy, you may consider namecheap. They along with godaddy are the other alternatives for cheap domain names.

•••
Hello All.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong; but I think 1 & 1 own 40% of SEDO.

Having said that, I think 1 & 1 are unscrupulous in their methods. I'm sure they attract a lot of customers by offering very cheap packages (to start with) they then make it difficult to get away from them or at best don't help.
I had some domains registered through them, and wanted to check some details; but couldn't access my control panel. I called customer service who denied that any of the domain names I mentioned were listed to me. They even denied the existence of my account. Consequently I lost all the domains in my account. Fortunately, none of them were of great value; and I was going to drop some of them; but that's not the point. I certainly wouldn't use them again.

Regards

Ralph.

1and1.com being in cahoots with Sedo is really no surprise tbh. Both are worthless companies. I suggest if you want to do business with them spend hours reading all of their TOS VERY thoroughly. You might save yourself the worst headache of your life. I suggest staying away from both

•••
Looks like a lot of people do not like them at all....

•••
Guys. I think that this web hosting is not only web hosting company in the world. If you do not like them just not use. I do notb think it would be difficult to find good and decent web hosting company for you.

•••
Guys. I think that this web hosting is not only web hosting company in the world. If you do not like them just not use. I do notb think it would be difficult to find good and decent web hosting company for you.

thanks I have since changed hosting. I think the intent of these bad experience threads are to warn others to STAY AWAY. I tell you what I wish I would have scanned some of these threads and the internet before signing up with them it could have saved me hundreds.

•••
•••
Man I ma managing more than 5k domains with godaddy. Just make free transfer to them and you will be all right.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back