Dynadot

17 Domain Experts Dish on What Happened in 2013 & How New gTLDs Will Impact 2014

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
The biggest article we release each year in our annual State of the Industry Cover Story in which we assemble a panel of distinguished industry experts to identify the most important trends and events of the year just past and offer their insight into what is headed our way in 2014. Armed with that information we think you will be much better equipped to reach new heights in your business or domain investing and sales efforts as the new year unfolds. This is the 10th annual report in the series that started in 2005 and it features the biggest panel we have ever assembled. We think this is an article you won't want to miss - http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2014/january.htm

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am reminded of the old stock market saying "The broker made money, the firm made money, and two out of three isn't bad."

•••
Rick makes the most sense out of this lot particularly in relation to the new gTLDs.

•••
IMHO, there are some deep flaws in that group. In fact, I see the flaws as so egregious they diminish whatever positive features the group has to offer. Interesting DNJournal.com seems to think it's okay to mix all 17 together in the same stew.

I wouldn't be surprised if other domain industry "experts" declined inclusion in that group, perhaps not wanting to be portrayed along side some of the characters in that group of 17.

I've noticed some knowledgeable, valuable former regular participants in domain circles don't show themselves where they did in the past. Perhaps they see and smell what I see and smell.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back