Dynadot

.com 144,340% ROI in roughly 120 days - Mike does it again

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He purchased it in bad faith and priced it insanely in bad faith.
They must have accidentally dropped it.
screenshots.com/saltandpepperhome.com/2016-12-13
Yet you all praise him like he is a god.

•••
its not really that complicated, in hindsight is quite obvious:

saltandpepperhome.com - a successful business was running on saltandpepperhome.eu and they wanted the .com
wavewholesale.com - at some point wave broadband decided that it will be a good ideea to split the business and have the wholesale as a standalone operation. They've used business.wavebroadband.com until now but they wanted the .com
thingstodonearme.com - with almost 100K searches and $2.5 CPC it's obvious that people are interested in this so why not own the .com

it's easy to get frustrated but it's better to analyze, understand and try to replicate success if you can.

the guy that registered SaltandPepperHomes.com didn't analyzed or understood, IMHO, he just tried to replicate.

a better registration will be todaynearme.com because it's exactly what Mike has done at a smaller scale and it's a better looking domain. the search volume and CPC is not so impressive at the moment but it may rise, people are looking for weather, nail salons, open houses, things and fun things today near me so you may have a shot.

I have NailSalonNearMe.com, gets 1.22 Million monthly searches, decent traffic as well. Most "Near me" domains were registered between 2006 -2012...scary part is...the search volume just keeps getting bigger...and most searches come from mobile phones. It's not the norm but, names like this might have a lot of value in the future. If you look at at the google trends from 2000 to present there is absolutely massive surge from 2010 onward, the growth in search volume is basically exponential.

•••
I have NailSalonNearMe.com, gets 1.22 Million monthly searches, decent traffic as well. Most "Near me" domains were registered between 2006 -2012...scary part is...the search volume just keeps getting bigger...and most searches come from mobile phones. It's not the norm but, names like this might have a lot of value in the future. If you look at at the google trends from 2000 to present there is absolutely massive surge from 2010 onward, the growth in search volume is basically exponential.

yeah, totally agree. the problem is it attracts big players so is hard to rank for that kw and even if you do "google my business" is on top of the search results and takes a big chunk of screen real estate.
nevertheless, strong name.

•••
yeah, totally agree. the problem is it attracts big players so is hard to rank for that kw and even if you do "google my business" is on top of the search results and takes a big chunk of screen real estate.
nevertheless, strong name.
Yea, ranking is a bit of a problem. Personally, "Near Me" names imho would be a great complement to location based apps.

Last edited:
•••
He bought a name and sold it. Key is reason he bought the name he did his homework for a potential sale in the future.

Spot on!

He do not just register random names.

•••
He purchased it in bad faith and priced it insanely in bad faith.
They must have accidentally dropped it.
screenshots.com/saltandpepperhome.com/2016-12-13
Yet you all praise him like he is a god.

It's not Mikes fault someone let a domain expire. If S&P thought it was bad faith, they could have filed a UDRP.

MM has plenty of critics, we are just analyzing a few sales.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back