Dynadot

domains AutomatedInvesting.com sold for $179,888

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Digital Nomad

Top Member
Impact
Mike Mann sold AutomatedInvesting.com for $179,888. The domain is only 7 years old and was deleted in 2014-04-01 and registered in 2014-05-01. It used to be owned by Kela Capital Inc. in 2015 and later by domainmarket.com.

Congrats Mike!

Source: Twitter

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations to the buyer and seller!

•••
What would be the average valuation of this in the appraisal section, low 4 figures?

Amazing sale!

•••
What would be the average valuation of this in the appraisal section, low 4 figures?

Amazing sale!

The GD value is 2840 so in the appraisal section it probably would have been valued below that.

Buyer got a great deal on a name that represents a serious billion dollar trend

•••
•••

Amazing sale!
I would of appraised it at exactly 179,888

I think it sold too low still

Last edited:
•••
Mike Mann sold AutomatedInvesting.com for $179,888. The domain is only 7 years old and was deleted in 2014-04-01 and registered in 2014-05-01. It used to be owned by Kela Capital Inc. in 2015 and later by domainmarket.com.

Congrats Mike!

Source: Twitter

Congratulations who whoever uses the domain for it's logical purpose and not a permanent godaddy for sale page

Last edited:
•••
Fantastic domain though a little long at 18 characters

•••
Just hold your great assets.

•••
Another case of crap name sold for much higher price just because seller is a well known person.

•••
Another case of crap name sold for much higher price just because seller is a well known person.

Lol you are clueless.

•••

I'd have to disagree on this. It's much more likely that it's due to an increase in popularity with apps like M1 Finance, Acorns, Stash, Wealthfront, and more that let users autoinvest a certain amount on set schedules into ETFs. These have absolutely surged the last year or two hence the big domain sale.

•••
•••
I'd have to disagree on this. It's much more likely that it's due to an increase in popularity with apps like M1 Finance, Acorns, Stash, Wealthfront, and more that let users autoinvest a certain amount on set schedules into ETFs. These have absolutely surged the last year or two hence the big domain sale.
I throw a dollar in there and my dollar will automatically keep reinvesting? Many companies are not profitable

•••
This is indeed a great sale, very inspiring.. Shows power of great name..

•••
Pretty cool! The free market at work. If you have something of value to someone else. Deals will be done. Congratulations to both buyer and seller.

•••
As great as this sale is, i honestly think it's just a case of throw enough darts and eventually you'll hit the bullseye.

Mike Mann has 350,000 darts (i believe) and most of these domains will be put at inflated BIN's, so you will see sales like this with Mike Mann and we always have, since i've been domain investing 6 years ago, 2 to 3 times a year i see sales like this from him in that he sells average domains (on paper) for a large amount.

I wouldn't ever copy his approach, i wouldn't be able to sleep at night with the amount of renewals he has to do, but if it works for him, fair play!

Last edited:
•••
Now, i'm feeling even better about the investing two word .com I am holding. I'm not expecting 6 figures but 10k or so sure wouldn't break my heart.

•••
Now, i'm feeling even better about the investing two word .com I am holding. I'm not expecting 6 figures but 10k or so sure wouldn't break my heart.
I registered automated + another word after seeing this sale smh -,-

•••
I registered automated + another word after seeing this sale smh -,-
That's exactly what the domain name industry and registrars condition you to do. The end result will be that your hand registered domain name will never be developed or sold and you will drop it 12 months from now. Prove me wrong.

•••
That's exactly what the domain name industry and registrars condition you to do. The end result will be that your hand registered domain name will never be developed or sold and you will drop it 12 months from now. Prove me wrong.
I usually don’t follow “trends” hence my “smh” …however I did announce I just registered a domain because of such sale…do you want me to renew it for 5 years?

Last edited:
•••
I just changed my dns …I won’t be surprised if my traffic overreaches yours

•••
I usually don’t follow “trends” hence “smh” …however I did announce I just registered a domain because of such sale…do you want me to renew it for 5 years?
This account is just a troll

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back