Impact
PLEASE DELETE THREAD

Attachments

• stolen domain name.jpg
    stolen domain name.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 378
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We forgot to ask an important question: How old are you?

•••
Wasting time for $9 and falsely accusation.
I believe many members here (myself include) can send you $9 so we can close this nonsense thread.

•••
Sometimes things beyond our control happen. Meaning, sometimes, payments can be "unjustly" unfair when banks decide, with bias, who and what gets paid. Its really an unfair system, especially in a global market.

As both buyers and sellers we need to give special consideration to each other. I believe by sending the name back, after a failed bank transaction that he may not be able to control, he operated in GOOD FAITH.

•••
The most ridiculous threads are often created over the smallest matters. And frequently end up being over a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
•••
So I was right. To be considered a good and rational person I have to let my domain names get stolen. Got it!
You all have to be upfront about this unspoken rule. It would help new members know that we are supposed to silently get our domain names stolen.

You just need to stop— you are making yourself look worse and worse and truly irrational. No one stole your domain— you pushed it before payment of your own accord. The domain was returned to you so stop talking garbage and deflecting from the obvious truth— you didn’t want to sell a domain at that price. You aren’t complaining about the PP issue you just keep prattling nonsense of a theft that never happened. Come back when you grow up dude.

•••
Ask them kindly and they might. they're busy. Might take some time. Meanwhile my offer stands. If you and @ilesanmion contact me I'll hook you up.

So I pay you $9, you push the name to me, he pays me $9 I'll push the name to him. If both of you are not involved in anything shady you'd take me up on that offer.
If I knew the OP personally as a friend I would give him $9 and say the buyer owes you are me nothing and he can keep the domain I mean the craziness of the thread here is insane.

•••
The facts show that at 2:11PM EST (about 5 hours ago) the buyer agreed to transfer the domain back to you......

18 minutes later you posted this.....

The buyer was trying to do what was right and said they would, but you seem to have taken it too far, even after he agreed to transfer the domain back.

•••
Just check the appraisal and the value of this name is less than $1 now based on Google indexing.
Don't understand why people like to cry and make everything is a big deal.
The name is tainted so is the OP. No one would dare to do business with him in the future unless the name is less than $9.

•••
Well thats not very wise. None of this would have happened if you did what most do and require payment first. Since he was unable to pay by PP the transaction would be void without all the drama.
The downside is the OP is not learning anything by reading about how to handle this matter in future and is likely to make many future buyers mad.

•••
I don't do send first... if you don't have substantially good feedback, I don't send it if I'm holding your payment or something shows odd.

I don't have great feedback but 10 or so... but even when I had none, no one cared to pay me first for the domain without a hold on payment. There are a number of reasons it could have been declined, and for me it would have not gotten transferred in the first place.

I think as long as you can prove you own the domain name, people should feel okay to pay first.... once I have a cleared payment, if I'm online, transfers have taken anywhere from 5 minutes to 5+ days.

If you are unsure of how to do business look at how others do business and copy a system that works best for you.

•••
I was added to the conversation and can support @ilesanmion 's claims. He went above and beyond to try to pay for the domain.

•••
•••
@John Bates i had situations where i post something later regret; wanted mods remove.

wasnt over a $9 name... lol but still kind similar

They are really strict about that. I suggest u dislike and disagree with the rule, referred to.

You are wrong in this situation 100%, but
this silly rule needs to be amended imo.
They wont “delete” posts yet alone “threads”!
Best way out? edit post “.” in the eclipsed time.
(it’s why i do it a lot)

I agree. People deserve seconds chances. I gave him one, his buyer give him one. Mods gave him one. When someone doesn't want to be helped that's the end of it. It is what it is.

•••
•••
So the domain was not stolen?

You need to change the title of this thread as it is misleading at best and leaning towards slanderous......

The language your using is not doing you any favours....

"demanding payment"
"suspiciously low" auction bids - implying fraudulent behaviour because it went lower than you wanted.....

I think a few people will not be wanting to do business with you after this thread......

Also as you have not masked the domain name this thread is now showing on the first page of Google, not a smart move by the owner or doing any favours for future would be owners......

Last edited:
•••
@Mod Team Echo should ban OP for this.

If you guys still want to buy/sell the name. Hit me up by DM and I'll send you the $9, push me the name and I'll push it to the buyer upon payment to me. It's not that hard.

•••
I believe that the domain name is worth way more $9. I was giving it as almost a gift to namepros and instead I almost got scammed.

Point of correction! I won the domain and sent you email to send for your email for payment. You did and I made payment but it declined which I screenshot to you. I gave option for payment but you quickly jumped here that I stole your domain name.
If you are truthful to yourself, accept @NameDeck suggestion for him to stand as Escrow between us.
I didn't want to reply you again but for @NameDeck good response and suggestion.
Please, be rightly guided.

•••
Please, I have another important engagement for the next 5 hours from now. If you agree with @NameDeck option place it here and I will respond when I am back in the next 5 hours. Thank you @NameDeck and we'll meaning Namepros members following this thread in in good faith.

•••
We need The buyer or seller to add us to the direct message the incident took place so we can investigate, verify your claims, and get further involved to help you get your domain back, receive payment, and or prevent such unacceptable practices from happening again.

Please read the following help guide regarding your content removal request:
We hope that information helps.

•••
After I made public what happened; the domain name was given back to me. I now want to move on and hopefully get this thread deleted.
We are glad to hear that you were able to resolve this matter amicably.

Unfortunately, the options provided in the guide we linked you to are the only options available.

It would still be helpful if you could add us to that direct message so we can investigate further and try to prevent anything like that from happening again, to anyone else.

The safety and security of our members is our number one priority and your cooperation would be appreciated.

Related/Continued/Duplicate: https://www.namepros.com/threads/please-delete-thread.1202303/#post-7886742

•••
The best thing to always do is to just add a namepros staff to the message between you and the buyer and resolve it that way. You could open a thread like this but it might just tick-off the potential buyer. Adding staff resolves 90%+ of issues.

•••
I wanted to show that I trusted him. I felt uncomfortable asking for the payment first.

Well thats not very wise. None of this would have happened if you did what most do and require payment first. Since he was unable to pay by PP the transaction would be void without all the drama.

•••
So the issue with all the new members? What about the other party? Shouldn't the more senior party have 50% responsibility too? Why did he accept before paying? Perhaps he was taking advantage of a new member...

That is why you should lets mods in on your PMs.

They may want to get to bottom of it. They work hard to keep this forum clean.

•••
You are the one who is outraged and trying to change policy for all future new members. That seems a bit extreme to me.

Outraged? Not at all. You're majorly overreacting. Seriously go chill out.
You really are making life very hard on yourself and will look back at this thread with a lot of regret.

•••
Has a buyer ever stolen a domain name from you that was worth $100+?
Yes, and I swallowed the loss like a big boy and didn't whine. Things happen in life.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back