Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

NameSilo
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Im holding myself but i dont have millions in it either. I play and move it around internally ypu know. But hold not get out of it.

•••
Im holding myself but i dont have millions in it either. I play and move it around internally ypu know. But hold not get out of it.
If u have noticed some coins are a copy of btc path and others take an anti btc move.

•••
•••
'Rich Dad Poor Dad' author Robert Kiyosaki says a historic market crash is looming - and touts crypto as the best defense

Investors are barreling towards a catastrophic market collapse, and should buy cryptocurrencies before they usurp the US dollar and transform the entire financial system, Robert Kiyosaki told his followers in an email on Sunday.

"I predict the biggest crash in world history is coming," the "Rich Dad Poor Dad" author and personal-finance guru told subscribers to the "Rich Dad Community" mailing list

Kiyosaki forecasted a lengthy downturn, but reiterated his view that bear markets are the best times for investors to snag bargains and score outsized returns. He also asserted the US dollar would crash the existing economic system, leading to mainstream acceptance of crypto, as it isn't controlled by the government.

"It's not enough to WANT to get into crypto," he said. "Now is the time you NEED to get into crypto, before the biggest economic crash in history."

However, Kiyosaki dismissed the most popular crypto as worthless on his radio show in May. "I trade bitcoin. But I don't think it has any value. I just play the game."

Moreover, bitcoin and other digital coins have tumbled alongside stocks and other risk assets this year, suggesting many crypto fans aren't fully convinced they'll revolutionize global finance.

Kiyosaki has repeatedly warned of a sprawling bubble in asset prices, and cautioned it would end with a painful pop. He tweeted on August 30 that the crash was underway, pointing to the sliding prices of stocks, bitcoin, gold, silver, and real estate.

The doomsayer also issued some offbeat advice in June for investors looking to beat inflation. He recommended stockpiling canned goods such as tuna and baked beans, along with household goods including trash bags and toilet paper, to get ahead of price increases.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...ock-market-crash-dollar-crypto-bitcoin-2022-9

•••
Crypto prices went to all time high due to the investments from institutional investors. I don't think they are going to return to crypto anytime soon. SIP would be the best strategy as always ( Not financial advice). Also watch what goverments are working on aganist or for crypto.

•••
I heard like 20 or his videos..he is all in on God's money. ie silver and gold..he wants nothing to so with paper or virtual stuff.

•••
I invest in domains, my parking income is paid in Crypto, one shot 2 rabbits. :xf.cool:

•••
Crypto prices went to all time high due to the investments from institutional investors. I don't think they are going to return to crypto anytime soon.

I don't think NASDAQ would launch an institutional crypto support service if large investors were really pulling out in high numbers. Institutions have (mostly) mastered the art of swooping in to buy low (or lower than 2021). IMO crypto caught the powers that be offguard and they're still playing catch up.

https://decrypt.co/110138/nasdaq-to-launch-institutional-crypto-custody-service-report

•••
I don't think NASDAQ would launch an institutional crypto support service if large investors were really pulling out in high numbers. Institutions have (mostly) mastered the art of swooping in to buy low (or lower than 2021). IMO crypto caught the powers that be offguard and they're still playing catch up.

https://decrypt.co/110138/nasdaq-to-launch-institutional-crypto-custody-service-report

I mean interest is clearly down, on basically every metric.

Things don't drop 100%, 200%, 500%, 1000% if the interest level is the same.

If many investors were not pulling out, drops like that would not be possible.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I think it's pretty clear that crypto isn't anywhere near what the big proponents wanted it to be at this point. It was suposed to be 100k and up per btc by now if some of the commenters in threads here were to be believed. There was a point where I though crypto was definatley the future but I get less sure all the time. I don't have any real investment in it so it doesn't really matter to me, just saying what i see. I think if any digital currency really takes off it'll be government controlled/backed which pretty much where we are. I mean honestly I've never understood what the attraction is with crypto other than a chance to make money with wildly varying value which is exactly what makes it unusable for everything else..

Last edited:
•••
I think it's pretty clear that crypto isn't anywhere near what the big proponents wanted it to be at this point. It was suposed to be 100k and up per btc by now if some of the commenters in threads here were to be believed. There was a point where I though crypto was definatley the future but I get less sure all the time. I don't have any real investment in it so it doesn't really matter to me, just saying what i see. I think if any digital currency really takes off it'll be government controlled/backed which pretty much where we are. I mean honestly I've never understood what the attraction is with crypto other than a chance to make money with wildly varying value which is exactly what makes it unusable for everything else..
Most people are in crypto not for the tech or any hardcore libertarian values, but to make money. You're right about that. Cryptos go through cycles every once in and a while, dropping 85% or more, then go off to make new all-time highs. It won't have an impact in a big way, without government intervention. People dream, but the reality is government like to know where money goes, and what you're doing with it. Crypto is nothing compared to fiat (in terms of the volume) that gets circulated every day. If crypto was anywhere near that kind of volume, rules would change very fast

Last edited:
•••
Most people are in crypto not for the tech or any hardcore libertarian values, but to make money. You're right about that. Cryptos go through cycles every once in and a while, dropping 85% or more, then go off to make new all-time highs. You're also right about crypto not having an impact in a big way, without government intervention. People dream, but the reality is government like to know where money goes, and what you're doing with it. Crypto is nothing compared to fiat (in terms of the volume) that gets circulated every day. If crypto was anywhere near that kind of volume, rules would change very fast

A lot of the "decentralized" arguments are kind of losers IMO.

You see it in Unstoppable Domains vs Handshake suing over .wallet. They market "decentralization" but then in reality their lawsuit argues the need for a central authority. It really undermines their entire campaign for decentralization.

Centralization is what allows most of the world to actually operate.

I am skeptical a truly decentralized system could ever exist in reality. There is always going to be consolidation. There has to be some normality to operate in the real world.

To get wide adoption you need to make people's lives easier or it has to be beneficial in some other way.

I just don't see a system where you go to McDonald's and they accept every random shitcoin for payment.

Brad

•••

You see it in Unstoppable Domains vs Handshake suing over .wallet. They market "decentralization" but then in reality their lawsuit argues the need for a central authority. It really undermines their entire campaign for decentralization.

I am skeptical a truly decentralized system could ever exist in reality. There is always going to be consolidation. There has to be some normality to operate in the real world.

To get wide adoption you need to make people's lives easier or it has to be beneficial in some other way.

I just don't see a system where you go to McDonald's and they accept every random shitcoin for payment.

Brad
I've always said "decentralisation" was a myth. You can't have any kind of system without ending up with a few having the power over the many. It's just the way societies function. I'm sure the vast magority of the general public wouldn't be in favour of any system that wasn't regulated in some way or backed by a government against mistakes, crime and glitches.

•••

Brad
True. Centralization is pretty necessary, decentralization is a myth. One aspect / use of crypto that has stuck out to me from the beginning is aiding those in poorer areas to have their own bank account. Either they wouldn't qualify for a current account, or unable to travel living in remote areas, or other reason. They can at least go to a local coffee shop or somewhere for WiFi to deal with their finances. Empowering for a certain demographic, and useful

Last edited:
•••
crypto goes down too
no monday morning quarterbacking
never fomo

for the keen investor out there.. i had a dream my handreg $10 wwwcsdn.net "is worth millions."

.com aftermarket steal now!

•••
one thing clear now crypto not some safe haven immune to inflation recession etc... world finances crash make no mistake u will be buying 1k per btc... or selling bahahah

I converted a few name sales into crypto over last couple years.. I think the sale values add up to like 15k...do I regret would rather have this cash
.yes... cause now I'm sitting below 15k
.... but I'm thankful after last crash by luna...when I went to 3k from like 10k and thought my crypto journey over..and my 15k recovery lol... well I said screw u luna u made me lose so I'm gonna buy u all in..that was at 0.00009 per luna classic lunc... now I'm back in game at around 10k... and still betting luna.. anyone else here playing round with luna??? where u think she go?

•••
i dont know her name
luna cuz not fan all eth and .eth blockchains derived

but is its subsatoshi beat satoshi priced im in

folks its all now about the right side of the penny

moving decimal place holders itself now

after 1 is 10 like the chinese currency yuan, jiao, fen (after $1 you don't get to make $1 only)

www.no_url_shorteners/centisatoshis

take a look for yourself:

they get lucky just by having gone Initial Public Offering at a fraction of a penny thats all

Last edited:
•••
i dont know her name
luna cuz not fan all eth and .eth blockchains derived

but is its subsatoshi beat satoshi priced im in

folks its all now about the right side of the penny

moving decimal place holders itself now

after 1 is 10 like the chinese currency yuan, jiao, fen (after $1 you don't get to make $1 only)

take a look for yourself:

they get lucky just by having gone Initial Public Offering at a fraction of a penny thats all

yea well nobody much knew luna b4 it caused all crypto to crash 50 or so percent a
few months back.. then everyone knew luna... now its talk of town.. trading big volumes etc... my 3k in luna at 0.00009 just recently... then jumped 3x... sold around 0.00030... should have waited some more but too much greed no good heheh.. anyway then I bought back in 0.00027ish ... back and forth between lunc the old classic crashed luna... and ustc its failed peg.. and new luna 2.0... as we speak I'm all in with new luna.. bought 4k around 2.5 per coin... so yeah if u guys wanna check out.. its coin codes... lunc...luna...ustc

I think it.has potential.. hell it.got me back into game.. I thought I lost all my name sales

•••
'Rich Dad Poor Dad' author Robert Kiyosaki says a historic market crash is looming - and touts crypto as the best defense

Thanks for the article. A historic market crash is certain, no doubt. But the best defense is gold. Crypto is a good defense, not the best.

•••
I've always said "decentralisation" was a myth. You can't have any kind of system without ending up with a few having the power over the many. It's just the way societies function. I'm sure the vast magority of the general public wouldn't be in favour of any system that wasn't regulated in some way or backed by a government against mistakes, crime and glitches.

Decentralization is the future. Everyone will have to adapt. Current centralized authorities create current problems in every areas of life. Central regulations are made by a few people. In the future, we will live without regulations.

Last edited:
•••
Decentralization is the future. Everyone will have to adapt. Current centralized authorities create current problems in every areas of life. Central regulations are made by a few people. In the future, we will live without regulations.
Decentralisation doesn't exist. It's almost a paradox.

•••
Screenshot_20220922-201131_Chrome.jpg

•••
Decentralisation doesn't exist. It's almost a paradox.

Chaos and anarchy may look like something impossible to exist. But the nature is full of chaos and anarchy. We are approaching to the biggest economic crisis in history. We are going to experiment once again how much the life could be chaotic. Decentralization is going to shape the future after the coming greatest economic crisis in history. Decentralization may look like paradox in existing status quo. But the current status quo is going to change dramatically, in around 5 years in my opinion. Decentralization is the future. Most of us can't understand it in the current status quo.

•••
Crypto got nailed last year, just checking how everybody is doing? Something I've been getting into on the side. I first started getting into it the year it took off, lots of new highs 2021, then tanked last year and I'm still in good shape. Know a lot more now. What I've been doing:

Buying on the way down.

My main ones are the usual suspects Bitcoin and ETH.

Since I made some good buys, I've managed to get my average Buy Price down.

Bitcoin average buy price - 19,176, today I'm actually in the green up 0.6%. I will buy under 20k all day long. Time to load up.

ETH, made good buys loaded up when it got into the 900's, got my average buy price down to 1,234, today the price is about 1,420 up 15%

Some other ones where I'm up:
MATIC +12%
ATOM +33%
LIDO DAO + 96% - ETH staking

Of course some others I'm down, biggest one SOL - 66%

This year is supposed to be some more rough waters but it's a Bear market right now, I'll be in good shape when that flips.

---------
Something else I've done is take advantage of Coinbase Card. I load that up and use that as much as I can. Just renewed a bunch of domains and I'm getting 4% back in XLM. I can cash that out now, convert it to something else if I wanted. Markets get better, that 4% could be even higher return.

Also, focusing on staking on Binance:
ATOM - 16%
DOT - 10.8%
SOL - 10%
MATIC - 7.1%
etc
they have some nice payouts, it adds up

Last edited:
•••
Made & making way more than 10X+ from both segments (Crypto + Domains). Long term hold of good assets can bring us good results down the line. We all make mistakes including myself. Nobody can predict exact point of entry or exit. Consistent accumulation worked wonder for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back