Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Buy the dip...

Screenshot_20210310-155029_Robinhood.jpg

•••
Still don’t see the point? You sold about 10K too low - if you’d only held on....

Jumping in and out you might scrape some pennies all the time missing out on the dollars. Trading like that you might also flat out lose.

Bitcoin did hit 57k again today. It's true that the traders are doing cartwheels, hand-stands, and tiptoeing through lava and avoiding falling spike-ceilings when we try to buy dips and then sail at the top. We usually buy too high, then sell not even close to the top. But we still profit in the short term.

Hodlers, on the other hand, simply hibernate and make "10x Your Money in Crypto."

But hodlers get caught out when the bubble bursts. They hodl through the years-long crash... only to not sell again during the next bubble... it's a pattern. Because I foresee lots of hodlers missing the top on this bubble too.

Traders, on the other hand, hopefully will be out with profit before the crash... then will have the ammo during the years-long crash to trade the dips and tops during those years.

•••
Anyone follow/own Decentraland MANA?

Pretty neat what they are doing. With VR and gaming

Sites been upgraded since I last looked Decentraland.org

They just got ATARI on board.....that's a pretty big deal.

Show attachment 180790
Show attachment 180791Crypto Briefing
Gaming Veteran Atari Doubles Down on Ethereum, Joins Decentraland
In a private conversation with Crypto Briefing, a representative from Decentraland confirmed details of the collaboration. Shutterstock cover by ...
5 days ago

MANA / Decentraland is on fire πŸ”₯ as of late!

Lots of good news surrounding them the whole virtual movement with gaming digital worlds and nfts ....not surprised it’s up!

Hit. 0.87 today

I got in 2 months ago 😎

And congrats to BITCOIN HITTING $60k Today πŸ‘πŸ»

Last edited:
•••
Screenshot_20210313-133005_Robinhood.jpg

I hope you all bought the dip i pointed out a few days ago...

•••
I have no doubt that the stimulus money is going to find its way into stocks, collectibles, crypto, and many other speculative investments, at least in the near term.

Sooner or later the cheap, easy money stops and the bill comes due. We will see what happens to the various asset classes then.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I have no doubt that the stimulus money is going to find its way into stocks, collectibles, crypto, and many other speculative investments, at least in the near term.

Sooner or later the cheap, easy money stops and the bill comes due. We will see what happens then to the various asset classes then.

Brad

Agree. The (physical) assets that are the most stable in the long run, will first be used to cover losses in other asset classes when this happens (margin calls). There's so much debt everywhere, not only on a national level. ETF funds determine the market, rather than passively track it. Sometimes such funds are so large that they are obliged to make an offer on all underlying securities. The moment everyone wants to get out at once, the ETF will be locked. Nothing has been learned since the last crisis, unfortunately.

Last edited:
•••
MANA / Decentraland is on fire πŸ”₯ as of late!

Lots of good news surrounding them the whole virtual movement with gaming digital worlds and nfts ....not surprised it’s up!

Hit. 0.87 today

I got in 2 months ago 😎

And congrats to BITCOIN HITTING $60k Today πŸ‘πŸ»

Broke a Dollar since my post ! :)

AC07566F-E34B-4A25-A635-41A827909E37.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
As I can see you asked this in 2017, we are now in 2021. Can you get 10x your money? With an investment in crypto, of course, but can easily go the other way. I have known of Bitcoin since 2011, the technology intrigued me. Between domains and crypto, I would compare the two in a sense with domains, you sit on it, until the right buyer comes along. In Crypto, you sit on it, until the right price comes along, each with enough time. Investing in Bitcoin for 10x return today, I don't think so. If Bitcoin hits $250k, considered a dream figure, this is a 4x return. These numbers are pie in the sky, no guarantees. If ROI is your focus with crypto, I would suggest low cap Altcoins, generally, as they take less capital to pump the price, however choosing wisely is recommended. Getting in on the Ethereum ICO when it launched, a perfect example, people did well (don't take my advice as a truth, nor consider it financial advice, only sharing my little opinion)

Last edited:
•••
As I can see you asked this in 2017, we are now in 2021. Can you get 10x your money? With an investment in crypto, of course, but can easily go the other way. I have known of Bitcoin since 2011, the technology intrigued me. Between domains and crypto, I would compare the two in a sense with domains, you sit on it, until the right buyer comes along. In Crypto, you sit on it, until the right price comes along, each with enough time. Investing in Bitcoin for 10x return today, I don't think so. If Bitcoin hits $250k, considered a dream figure, this is a 4x return. These numbers are pie in the sky, no guarantees. If ROI is your focus with crypto, I would suggest low cap Altcoins, generally, as they take less capital to pump the price, however choosing wisely is recommended. Getting in on the Ethereum ICO when it launched, a perfect example, people did well (don't take my advice as a truth, nor consider it financial advice, only sharing my little opinion)

I'm not sure if this is spam, it probably is for post inflation... but there was no Eth ICO... and you definitely have not been in crypto since 2011? Because Eth was a fork of ETC.... and it was actually here where people told us to buy it (NC told us).

Anyway reported.

•••
@Jv1999 Unnecessary comment, not sure ""why" the report, or the accusation of spam. Ethereum was funded through an ICO, which took place in 2014 - Google it. And yes, I have known of crypto since 2011, I was an "ex" trader on LocalBitcoins, as well as BitBargain...my trading accounts are active today, and public. I also have "another" LBC account, from 7 years ago, in 2014, again public profile

I've known of the sector a good while, Jv1999, pick a different fight

•••
Further point, the fork was in 2016, the community voted, to reverse a theft. ETC continued as the original. The network "first" went live, in 2015, 72 million ETH premined. It was crowdfunded as an ICO. Research it. Bickering on a forum isn't what I'm here for, considering I joined yesterday. Thanks

•••
Screenshot_20210324-073322_Chrome.jpg

πŸš€ πŸš€πŸš€

Screenshot_20210324-083313_Robinhood.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210324-083313_Robinhood.jpg
    Screenshot_20210324-083313_Robinhood.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
•••

It is back down to where it started before the Elon pump. I don't really like that an asset can be so easily moved.

Tesla's share price was $860 when they disclosed that they purchased Bitcoin on Feb 8th. Their stock price is now $630. They have lost more than $220B in market cap since then.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
It's beginning to look alot like Xmas...

Screenshot_20210503-103354_Robinhood.jpg

πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

•••
It's beginning to look alot like Xmas...

Show attachment 189378

πŸš€πŸš€πŸš€

enjoy it early.. I accidentally came across another domainer..and he gave me inside info... that it will all turn to shiit around July 2021.

could mean anything of course.. 50% crash...60...70... the point was it will be big.. just as the rise of btc was big.

as always...we will see. :)

Last edited:
•••
and he gave me inside info... that it will all turn to shiit around July 2021

sounds like he missed he boat to me 🀭

•••
sounds like he missed he boat to me 🀭

I know .. that's first thought.. the funny thing is..its the other way around...

but we dont have to believe him. even tho i kinda do.

•••
I know .. that's first thought.. the funny thing is..its the other way around...

but we dont have to believe him. even tho i kinda do.

he was probably talking about Bitcoin, because EIP-1559 is happening in July, so it will be the complete opposite

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back