IT.COM

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok guys....

....this is it...

....I'm going to make the hard decision.... and ok

SO I'M GOING TO FOMO IN and throw my $5,850 sail into BTC and just wait for a moon...!

Might be crazy, might be stupid. ~_~... but in all honesty, Elon Musk wouldn't buy billions of bitcoin at $33k if he thought it was going to crash in 2 months.

•••
MasterCard will let merchants accept payments in crypto this year

•••
Crypto here for the long term! some great projects with a lot of innovation behind them!

•••
•••
MasterCard will let merchants accept payments in crypto this year

Curious about this. Embrace, extend, and extinguish?

"With 89 blockchain patents granted globally with an additional 285 blockchain applications pending worldwide, we already have one of the payments industry’s biggest blockchain patent portfolios to draw from to make these projects successful."

Last edited:
•••
Let's not forget ETH...

Screenshot_20210211-110753_Robinhood.jpg

$2,000k soon?

•••
Last edited:
•••
As I said in April 2020, and before:
The run to 50k seems inevitable. But close to 100% of holders won’t be there to see it. Only hodlers will!

We’re here!

Last edited:
•••
I got scared and left btc at 46.933k.

I had flashbacks of 2017's 20k no show...

Guess I'm watching the moon from the sidelines from now on! :tightlyclosedeyes:

•••
I got scared and left btc at 46.933k.

I had flashbacks of 2017's 20k no show...

Guess I'm watching the moon from the sidelines from now on! :tightlyclosedeyes:

Even if BTC goes to 100k, you will only double the money. You can do that buying a good domain on namejet anc sell it to a reseller. 10X IF you wait.

I don't understand this exuberance,.

I still don't understand this BTC craze. Unless you are able to multiple your SATS/BTC via trading, or some scamming others, I don't really understand now a 100K BTC will make anyone rich, unless we go back in time.

•••
Even if BTC goes to 100k, you will only double the money. You can do that buying a good domain on namejet anc sell it to a reseller. 10X IF you wait.

I don't understand this exuberance,.

I still don't understand this BTC craze. Unless you are able to multiple your SATS/BTC via trading, or some scamming others, I don't really understand now a 100K BTC will make anyone rich, unless we go back in time.

I'm sorry lol. I might be outta btc, but I'm still loyal.

I made 2x my btc depo since December. It would take me years to make 2x my domaining investment given that you spend so much on acquisitions and renewals but only sail 1% per year.

If you buy 100 domains for $25, that's $2,500 and sell only 1 for $2,900... that's not as good as crypto.

•••
I’ve been accumulating and hodling btc for a decade. I still continue to receive crypto as payments today from clients.

Anyone who buys btc today, in a decade will be as far ahead as I am now. Thinking you missed the boat doesn’t get you anywhere - action does.

On the other hand most crypto traders will end up losing or simply giving back whatever they made. Trading something as volatile as crypto is difficult.

Best to just hodl. Btc only.

Last edited:
•••
If you buy 100 domains for $25, that's $2,500 and sell only 1 for $2,900... that's not as good as crypto.

That is kind of a bad business model.

Even with that, the second year though you pay $900 to renew, sell 1 for $2900 and you are more than tripling your money.

Brad

•••
I’ve been accumulating and hodling btc for a decade. I still continue to receive crypto as payments today from clients.

Anyone who buys btc today, in a decade will be as far ahead as I am now. Thinking you missed the boat doesn’t get you anywhere - action does.

On the other hand most crypto traders will end up losing or simply giving back whatever they made. Trading something as volatile as crypto is difficult.

Best to just hodl.

Congrats on getting in at the ground floor, but actions can get people in just as much or more trouble than a lack of action.

There are many people who are wiped out on this GameStop and other meme stock situation.

If action is based on FOMO, it might not be a great action to take.

The higher an asset goes the more capital it takes to keep it growing.

You can't reinvent a time machine, like with domains.

Brad

Last edited:
•••

Hodling for 20 years seems dumb. You'll make wealth, but even if you were 18... you'll be almost 40 when you finally realize profit.

We're not immortal.

Maybe hodling for 10 years makes sense.

•••

Trading doesn't mean reckless 100X longs and shorts.
You can trade conservatively and multiply your sats. But that's not the point.

Not saying Hodling is wrong. I also haven't touched my Trezor even once this bull run, and all my sats are free money. I already took out my investment many times over but I am not going to buy at 50K.

Last edited:
•••
That is kind of a bad business model.

Even with that, the second year though you pay $900 to renew, sell 1 for $2900 and you are more than tripling your money.

Brad

That's the domaining business model.

It takes 2.5 years to make what you spent.

That's not how slow crypto is though. Which is the point I was replying to.

•••
Trading doesn't mean reckless 100X longs and shorts.
You can trade conservatively and multiply your sats. But that's not point.

Not saying Hodling is wrong. I also haven't touched my Trezor even once this bull run, and all my sats are free money. I already took out my investment many times over but I am not going to buy at 50K.

IMHO, hodling is Trading. When we all lost in 2017, hodlers lost too. They just didn't sell.

They take our wins and losses the same, they just don't realize anything.

•••
That's the domaining business model.

It takes 2.5 years to make what you spent.

That's not how slow crypto is though. Which is the point I was replying to.
Do you mean BTC doubles every few months??
If you compare last few monthios of crypto, I hand regged a domain for $6 and sold for €1200 2 hours later..

•••
Janet Yellen has indicated Bitcoin and other crypto regulation is likely coming. The SEC will probably introduce regulations as well.

It could be something minor or something big. There is still a lot of unknown factors here.

There is major risk investing in anything, especially when it is FOMO based and you can't afford to lose.

Though at the same time, it is true with the stock market as well. There are some trendy stocks with very high valuations that carry more risk IMO.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Janet Yellen has indicated Bitcoin and other crypto regulation is likely coming. The SEC will probably introduce regulations as well.

It could be something minor or something big. There is still a lot of unknown factors here.

There is major risk investing in anything, especially when it is FOMO based and you can't afford to lose.

Though at the same time, it is true with the stock market as well. There are some trendy stocks with very high valuations that carry more risk IMO.

Brad
I know so many people who have lost their shirt in 2018. But every bull run the shills will run out and shout to buy and then add a disclaimer, do your own research. Or invest only what you can afford to lose. Guess what.. The average joe don't even understand short selling, Interest rates, inflation, why some currencies are more expensive than others, and yet they are all expert in Crypto after watching a few youtube videos which are all but an echo chamber.

•••
•••
Do you mean BTC doubles every few months??
If you compare last few monthios of crypto, I hand regged a domain for $6 and sold for €1200 2 hours later..

It goes down and up by over 40% within every 60 days...

And no, you cannot keep selling 2-hour hand reggae for $x,xxx. If that were true, everyone would be doing it including you.

Last edited:
•••
I know so many people who have lost their shirt in 2018. But every bull run the shills will run out and shout to buy and then add a disclaimer, do your own research. Or invest only what you can afford to lose. Guess what.. The average joe don't even understand short selling, Interest rates, inflation, why some currencies are more expensive than others, and yet they are all expert in Crypto after watching a few youtube videos which are all but an echo chamber.

I lost in 2017 too. We all did. Even XYnames.

The difference is, we sold. He didn't and my one friend who has lots of btc starting from 2017 didn't either.

Now they're in the $xxx,xxx. And we are flipping krabby patties.

They weren't wrong to shill. Because in the end they were right.

•••
@xynames, did you sell yet? It hit 52k. :tightlyclosedeyes:

I ask, mostly because, once you sell, there will be a mega dump. lol.

And then we can buy back in again :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back