NameSilo

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It hit $6,700 earlier but we both missed it.
Waiting for some calculations to happen and possibly buy in tonight on the next dip.
Gonna be a longggg night.

I've been shorting the cannabis market since February. As well as the airlines... happy with the returns.

it was like 6900 tops.. i was there... but no bitcoin to sell ;)

how low do you think it'll dip tonite?

•••
it was like 6900 tops.. i was there... but no bitcoin to sell ;)

how low do you think it'll dip tonite?

Purchased a "small" amount 7:13 this morning at $5,950. Watching with a hawk eye and seeing where it goes.

•••
Purchased a "small" amount 7:13 this morning at $5,950. Watching with a hawk eye and seeing where it goes.

well its alresdy 6.2k now.. so you made profit alresdy from your purchase.. but I guess your not that quick to sell ;)

me im still waiting to fall to 5.4.. else im all in the red if buy now.

keep posted on what your hawkeye sees. you have good eye usually :)

•••
been reading a bit about the new chinese digital yuan.. not quite crypto as it'll be fully gov controlled... most transactions in china are already without paper bills..

do you know about it? looks like gold backed too..

how do you think it'll affect btc? i think its due this year...

meanwhile kim dotcom wanted to launch new crpypto but i think it failed... i thnk he even bought domain for this project...

k.im

cool huh? hehe

•••
Crypto is so volatile that you could 10x your money or 0,1x your money.

•••
Crypto is so volatile that you could 10x your money or 0,1x your money.

true..still there are some patterns...resistance levels etc..its a lot tp learn..but hopefully in the end its not all just pure rusian rulette heh

•••
Crypto is just manipulated by whales anyway.

•••
Crypto market (particularly the BTC market) is highly volatile. and the liquidity is almost similar to that of Gold. One can easily convert his/her crypto assets into hot cash in no time. With domains, it's highly unlikely to happen unless the domain name is a premium.

•••
Crypto market (particularly the BTC market) is highly volatile. and the liquidity is almost similar to that of Gold. One can easily convert his/her crypto assets into hot cash in no time. With domains, it's highly unlikely to happen unless the domain name is a premium.

that brings interesting question i raised once before on another threasd.. as far as liquid domains go (premium), do you think they are a good store of value and not so volatile.. in times of crisis like these.. when gold, btc and everything else is very volatile.

still its a bit hard to imagine that when the whole world economy is going down, people having virus on their mind... domain sales would not be asffected by this.. and NOT go down.. it wouldn't make sense for domains not to have slowdown while everything else does.

•••
Crypto is just manipulated by whales anyway.

true. but .. maybe whales are manipulating it so thast their btc are one day worth 100k eash..

so if we own one bitcoin when that happens... then that's still a good thing for us no? whales or no whales... hehe

•••
smart guy... prepare for financial collapse folks
fiat will be dead.. its a when not if...
the question is... will bitcoin be the answer.

•••
•••
•••
that was good run for btc today!

well i did sell my bitcoin at 6300 ... now its 6500.. so just keep crashing plz.

i think today btc got excited I read by the infinite printing of fed money news... but that can only last so long... all fiat is already doomed for long time... now they got korona smokescreen in place so people like sheep volontrarily lock themselves at home and do not riot or boycot any of this... pretty brilliant planning huh? so now they can deliver final blow... buy back people hard earned busineses for pennies... buy back their houses for penies.. cause no one working and making any money... always same story.. rich get richer... but in a way we allwed it to get here.. so maybe in a way. well... we deserve it.

so... 1-2 years from now. digital dolar... cause btc introduction wasn't random... and nakamoto = government... all just experiment by government for upcoming digital dollar imo.

seriously... i thnk we all wake up one day to all cryptos gone and worth nothing.

maybe we should all take that into consideration.

i give it 2 years max.. these are fascinating times.. i never thought it'd happen in my lifetime.. such lifechanging event!

•••
that was good run for btc today!

well i did sell my bitcoin at 6300 ... now its 6500.. so just keep crashing plz.

i think today btc got excited I read by the infinite printing of fed money news... but that can only last so long... all fiat is already doomed for long time... now they got korona smokescreen in place so people like sheep volontrarily lock themselves at home and do not riot or boycot any of this... pretty brilliant planning huh? so now they can deliver final blow... buy back people hard earned busineses for pennies... buy back their houses for penies.. cause no one working and making any money... always same story.. rich get richer... but in a way we allwed it to get here.. so maybe in a way. well... we deserve it.

so... 1-2 years from now. digital dolar... cause btc introduction wasn't random... and nakamoto = government... all just experiment by government for upcoming digital dollar imo.

seriously... i thnk we all wake up one day to all cryptos gone and worth nothing.

maybe we should all take that into consideration.

i give it 2 years max.. these are fascinating times.. i never thought it'd happen in my lifetime.. such lifechanging event!
https://finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/digital-dollar-proposal-stripped-latest-141213745.html

•••

yeah.. for now...
the world is changing before our eyes... it took 2 months for 180 degree turn.
we went from normal daily lives and routines, to empty streets and lockdowns....
i expect anything and everything can happen from this point on.
and it most likely will imo.

lets just be watchful. thats all im saying. if we could get to where we are in such short time.. then anything is possible from now on.

•••
guess we'll wait and see if endgame for bitcoin is 0$

•••
do you guys have any predictions where btc is headed from here?

its all over the place.. $500 up and down ...

is it breaking 7k or back to 5k? thoughts? do u have any buy or sell orders setup? if so whats your numbers? i dunno, do any of you have all buyin at 4k or something?

Last edited:
•••
No one has a crystal ball. Or we won't be posting our guesses here. We could be at 10k in two months or 3k.. pick one direction. your guess is as good as mine

do you guys have any predictions where btc is headed from here?

its all over the place.. $500 up and down ...

is it breaking 7k or back to 5k? thoughts? do u have any buy or sell orders setup? if so whats your numbers? i dunno, do any of you have all buyin at 4k or something?

•••
it was crashing until someone announcd that gold and silver ran out... LOL.

so bitcoin went up. but were it not for that news, we would've seen like 5k or 4.9k

•••
btc kinda stable lately.
only 300$ 24h spreasd in value. gotta be lowest in long time

looks like facing strong rejections > 7k.

i think will all this chaos, we're still gonna go the other way... so 4k-6k btc for few months maybe? instead of 7-9k btc for next few moths. my guess! cheers.

•••
btc kinda stable lately.
only 300$ 24h spreasd in value. gotta be lowest in long time

looks like facing strong rejections > 7k.

i think will all this chaos, we're still gonna go the other way... so 4k-6k btc for few months maybe? instead of 7-9k btc for next few moths. my guess! cheers.

I think momentary bump in price as the US starts giving people free $1,200... then after that hype wears off... bear.

•••
finally it moved.
except downward.
so many resistances everywhere i forget where is what... but I guess 6k is an important one..
so was 7k...

some articles i read still speak of 2.4k btc...hmmm... that's be odd...

i guess in crisis times like now all we can do is keep daily track of movements... and hope we sit in front of our computer when there is big dips and ups... otherwise limit orders just aren't so optimal... beter than nothing... but not as good as catching things live as it happens.. am i right or am i right?

•••
so... with bitcoin going sideways... and not much... and nobody knowing if next 1-2k will be up or down.... in these uncertain times do you prefer to keep a btc balance or a usdt balance on your xchange? what king of limit orders have you folks got setup if any? buy where? sell where?

•••
i got bored and bought at 6659... but it's all in good taste becuz, that's still ridiculously low considering the 10k recovery after the halvening. I'm hoping we pump a little bit to get to 7k so i can be out lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back