IT.COM

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just like most new extensions have little traction among end users, long term there will no need for thousands of cryptocurrencies. Even amongst the top twenty by market cap one can find weaknesses or criticisms so if one can address it's flaws, it could move up the ranks. There is no guarantee bitcoin will address its weaknesses of limited network capacity, transactions which typically take more than an hour to clear and higher transaction fees when the network is congested. Regardless, btc transactions are still much faster and cheaper than typical international bank transfers. The domain transaction I have in Escrow will likely not clear for 10-15 days possibly more - time from when the agreement is made till the funds are in my account.

•••
The basics of bitcoin are

10p =£15k approx but rounded up for simplicity

Eg anyone who bought bitcoin in its early stages below 10p and sold when it was at approx £15k is quids in because if bought and sold at these prices etc

A £15k car will have cost them 10p

And a £300k house will have cost them £2.00

And the best bit?

Half tge world are still clueless that it happened and or still dont understand bitcoin

That said bitcoin has a fixed price tgat can be checked in google

Domain names can be sold at any price you like

•••
The basics of bitcoin are

10p =£15k approx but rounded up for simplicity

Eg anyone who bought bitcoin in its early stages below 10p and sold when it was at approx £15k is quids in because if bought and sold at these prices etc

A £15k car will have cost them 10p

And a £300k house will have cost them £2.00

And the best bit?

Half tge world are still clueless that it happened and or still dont understand bitcoin

That said bitcoin has a fixed price tgat can be checked in google

Domain names can be sold at any price you like

yes so true about the car and house etc

but... is btc price really fixed? it seems fixed to us.. but if your a whale with 10000btc... or if your a bunch of whales with total 4 million bitcoins or somehting, then u can get together and do what you want with btc prices basically.. whenever you want it.. so its not so fixed... if its fixed for some and not fixed for others..

but i guess uits like this with everything.. notthing fixed.. everything can be manipulated.. even gold.. by bankers.. those who hold the most etc...

•••
well its 6700 now.

im gonna say 70% of the stuff i read on net about btc prices in coming months is DOWN from here. the rest says it'll go up.

so... we'll see...

•••
Latest news is a recommendation for central banks to ban stable coins in their regions. IF implemented this would hurt the DEFI market which utilizes stable coins. However, perhaps they merely implement regulations with KYC or other requirements. Ether's growth prospects depend on DEFI so a stable coin ban would be bad for ether.

•••
Latest news is a recommendation for central banks to ban stable coins in their regions. IF implemented this would hurt the DEFI market which utilizes stable coins. However, perhaps they merely implement regulations with KYC or other requirements. Ether's growth prospects depend on DEFI so a stable coin ban would be bad for ether.

hmm wait.... i thought central banks didn;'t control stable coins? or maybe it depends which one? for crypto traders everything depends on stable coins.. therefore its a big thing for exchanges themselves also.... i wasn't around before stable coins arrived, so i've no clue how people traded crypto before without ability to switch into usdt or others.. but i guess it was pretty complex process.... or maybe trades were just muhc less frequent or something..

now everything basically depends on stable coins.. unless im wrong.

•••
Tether is already in a legal battle in New York but stable coins are an important part of the crypto ecosystem. Banks don't want to lose their power so...

•••
wow! 7k from 6.4k all in the same day...

i couldn't stop from gambling lol and kept doing small trades... i think i made almost 10% overall with these small trades. i bought in at 6.833 and 6.705 and then sold at 6.923 and 6.999.

im still seeing bear and not bull given corona no vaccine yet and the dire dire predictions of financial experts.

•••
Tether is already in a legal battle in New York but stable coins are an important part of the crypto ecosystem. Banks don't want to lose their power so...

i was curoios to read up a few things about stable coins ban etc.. following your coments.. and indeed you are right. there is a lot of talk for 2020 especially, about stable coins.. banning or regulating them.... indeed there is basically talk about govnts wanting to track everything single transaction you make.. btc etc.. via kyc etc... it has in fact led in europe to closing of several companies (mining, faucet, wallet, etc).. which simply do not want to sactrifice their customers crypto privacy which to them is what crypto and their compnies were all about. so things defintely aren't looking so great for cryptos future imo.

the basic premise is thta stable coins, basically all of them, are basically based in usa, and can be shutdown any time by authorities... not to meniton there are uncertainities as to whether some/all stable coins are actually covered by actual dollars in banks.

the articles i read said that people who hold stable coins are taking great risks.. perhaps even greater than bitcoin's extreme volatility, because they are blidnly trusting banks and authorities that when the traders wake up in the morning, their tether or other stable coin will still be worth something. as it could all disappear or be baned or worth nothing overnite, and there isn't a single thing any person could do it about it legally.

im not saying it'll happen. or happen tomorrow. but the possibility it could happen at all, is alreasdy pretty disturbing.

an exchange like binance offers some pairings of fiast currencies.. like russian rubles/BTC... so investors might be maybe even better off switching to russian rubles than usdt... at least the ruble won't go to zero overnite.

there is a ton to read on these matters.. but from looks of it, 2020 could be crucial for privacy vs crypto.. i mean cryptos main premise is privacy, so if that is taken away, most people say it'll kill crypto completely. from the companies that deal with it... to traders.. investors etc. i guess in the end, govnt always wins with the people. they have all the resources and money and power after all.

Last edited:
•••
yes so true about the car and house etc

but... is btc price really fixed? it seems fixed to us.. but if your a whale with 10000btc... or if your a bunch of whales with total 4 million bitcoins or somehting, then u can get together and do what you want with btc prices basically.. whenever you want it.. so its not so fixed... if its fixed for some and not fixed for others..

but i guess uits like this with everything.. notthing fixed.. everything can be manipulated.. even gold.. by bankers.. those who hold the most etc...

They will look back at this era as the golden era of opportunity in history

I remember when people were selling domain names for btc when bitcoin stsrted to go off the scale in late 2017 when i was day trading bitcoin in a day trading account at the time etc

But at the stockmarket has crsshed to the lowest point since earliest point in the 1900s etc

I would now sell domains and use the money as a day trading balance day trading options on the new york stock exchange

Look at youtubers

Live traders

Clay trader

Wa rrior trader

The day traders teach complete beginners how to day trade the stockmarket from a phone anywhere in the world

But domain names offer people the opportunity to buy a £20 reg fee domain name and sell it for a day trading balance of £2-3k+ which is a better investment than bitcoin because of the power of the multiplication of the % mark uo etc

•••
They will look back at this era as the golden era of opportunity in history

I remember when people were selling domain names for btc when bitcoin stsrted to go off the scale in late 2017 when i was day trading bitcoin in a day trading account at the time etc

But at the stockmarket has crsshed to the lowest point since earliest point in the 1900s etc

I would now sell domains and use the money as a day trading balance day trading options on the new york stock exchange

Look at youtubers

Live traders

Clay trader

Wa rrior trader

The day traders teach complete beginners how to day trade the stockmarket from a phone anywhere in the world

But domain names offer people the opportunity to buy a £20 reg fee domain name and sell it for a day trading balance of £2-3k+ which is a better investment than bitcoin because of the power of the multiplication of the % mark uo etc

agreed.. but still... bitcoin was probably the best way for the lucky few to become milionziries on an initial minimal investment.. of course it required some luck and vision as most things do in life to get on it early.. but... even compared to early domain investors, or investors in other things, bitcoin might just be historically THE best opportunity in history to make it huge on early investing in it.

•••
agreed.. but still... bitcoin was probably the best way for the lucky few to become milionziries on an initial minimal investment.. of course it required some luck and vision as most things do in life to get on it early.. but... even compared to early domain investors, or investors in other things, bitcoin might just be historically THE best opportunity in history to make it huge on early investing in it.

You could be right but for many tgat invested in bitcoin when its price was near the top near 19k usd ish and saw their investment plummet etc to them bitcoin may well be tge worst investment in history it just depends when a person invesyed in it and how much they invested in it and if they had the patience not to sell until it reached 19k usd etc

•••
Even with the pump from Thursday night, CoinMarketCap is still only at about $200 billion. At the end of 2019, global wealth was $360 trillion. So all cryptos combined are less than 0.1% of global wealth. Of course that will not keep it from going lower in the short run.

•••
is binance like the only exchange that offers direct fiat/crypto trading pairs? like eur/btc...rubel/btc.. rubel/usdt etc... cause they keep bragging it everywhere.
or this is like common.. and maybe binance has just like the most fiat pairs?

•••
is binance like the only exchange that offers direct fiat/crypto trading pairs? like eur/btc...rubel/btc.. rubel/usdt etc... cause they keep bragging it everywhere.
or this is like common.. and maybe binance has just like the most fiat pairs?
You can convert btc to usd on several exchanges.

•••
You could be right but for many tgat invested in bitcoin when its price was near the top near 19k usd ish and saw their investment plummet etc to them bitcoin may well be tge worst investment in history it just depends when a person invesyed in it and how much they invested in it and if they had the patience not to sell until it reached 19k usd etc

well.. not if they converted to stable coin or fiat before it fell from 20k? i mean isn't that what people do... like on march12... most traders just put btc into usdt or some other stable coin.. then it went down to 5k.. and then rebought and benefited greatly from this march12 so called massacre day.. its what I would have done with my stupid bitcoin. but it got stuck in transit to binace cause of overload of transactions on that day.. so I couldn't take advsntage of this pretty rare opportunity.. but thats what I would have done.. stable coin... then rebuy at 5k...

either way I think generally people are fooling themelves thinking bitcoin is some invention of some humanity savior good guy who just randomly apeared out of blue and with no name to verify.. to me this is like govnt experiment.. which will result one day in globsal world currency.. all digital... at which point bitcoin and most cryptos .. maybe except ether. will go to zero and to a museum right next to atari 2600.

govnts keep experimenting on us for ages.. in various way... they got so good at it that we believe we are free and that we are winning.. like the old saying.. the perfect slave is the one who thinks he's free :)

Last edited:
•••
well.. not if they converted to stable coin or fiat before it fell from 20k? i mean isn't that what people do... like on march12... most traders just put btc into usdt or some other stable coin.. then it went down to 5k.. and then rebought and benefited greatly from this march12 so called massacre day.. its what I would have done with my stupid bitcoin. but it got stuck in transit to binace cause of overload of transactions on that day.. so I couldn't take advsntage of this pretty rare opportunity.. but thats what I would have done.. stable coin... then rebuy at 5k...

either way I think generally people are fooling themelves thinking bitcoin is some invention of some humanity savior good guy who just randomly apeared out of blue and with no name to verify.. to me this is like govnt experiment.. which will result one day in globsal world currency.. all digital... at which point bitcoin and most cryptos .. maybe except ether. will go to zero and to a museum right next to atari 2600.

govnts keep experimenting on us for ages.. in various way... they got so good at it that we believe we are free and that we are winning.. like the old saying.. the perfect slave is the one who thinks he's free :)

Day trading is pretty much

Climb the mountain then ride the slide and repeat etc

Swing trading can be a few days long trade etc

But botcoin wil be used as digital gold for investors that buy in to gold before a recession etc but others buy businesses instrad etc

Bur those that bought bitcoin early will no doubt be buying

Lubra coin

Early this year

Have a look at

Libra. Org

Interesting times

•••
btc its going down folks! 6800$

I think oil < 10$
though not for long... its like glitch in matrix i think.
usa loads up on 75million barrils at this lowest price since 83 or 93.. i forget.
pretty historic really
cheap to drive you car now... except we got nowhere to go.
maybe we should buy gas for storage like usa.

well... i think btc is going down some more.
newbie prediction
so I better switch my bitcoin to rubles
i stopped trusting stable coins. after reading some posts here, and then researching more on my own... there is nothing we could do if we wake up tomororw and all our usdt or tusd or others are gone. at least if the rubles are gone, we can go protest in front of kremlin..... i mean haven't they talked enough about the supposed scam that usdt is supposed to be... hmmm....

i watched this funy serious commercial from some lady i think she is the head of FDIC to insure your money at bank.. and she basicaly tried to convince people their money is safe at the bank and not to go withdraw it all .. like in greece or somehting... if her professional funy serious ad she used arguments like: putting your money under mattress doesn't always work out so well..... the youtube comments were really funny on that one.

:)

Last edited:
•••
Day trading is pretty much

Climb the mountain then ride the slide and repeat etc

Swing trading can be a few days long trade etc

But botcoin wil be used as digital gold for investors that buy in to gold before a recession etc but others buy businesses instrad etc

Bur those that bought bitcoin early will no doubt be buying

Lubra coin

Early this year

Have a look at

Libra. Org

Interesting times

i regged cryptodollar,co today

whatver digital money usa comes up with, there is a 1% chance it'll be called that :P

•••
i love these series.. listened to them for a while.. learned a ton! a lot of facts there you cannot deny... but how you connect dots, well, its up to you... this is the most recent one .. incidentally it talks about cryptodollar I talked about before this.. last nite lol

u can check other episodes in his channel.. imo its worth being open minded about all this stuff.. considering the alternative... ie: becoming a brainwashed sheep slave that thinks tv news is god.. and the only god.. enjoy!

•••
FederalReserve.gov shows the Fed's balance sheet increased from $870 billion prior to the 2008 financial crisis to nearly $3 trillion in 2011. By mid-2014 the Fed's balance sheet had grown to over $4 trillion. In late 2018 the Fed tried to shrink its balance sheet but financial markets protested. With the current corona crisis, the Fed has expanded its balance sheet to over $6 trillion. It looks like we only go up from here. Should we continue to price our domains in dollars if the value of the dollar is likely to decline in constant terms?

•••
FederalReserve.gov shows the Fed's balance sheet increased from $870 billion prior to the 2008 financial crisis to nearly $3 trillion in 2011. By mid-2014 the Fed's balance sheet had grown to over $4 trillion. In late 2018 the Fed tried to shrink its balance sheet but financial markets protested. With the current corona crisis, the Fed has expanded its balance sheet to over $6 trillion. It looks like we only go up from here. Should we continue to price our domains in dollars if the value of the dollar is likely to decline in constant terms?

most people do not know about upcoming dollar crisis. so they'll only pay for our names in dollars... or other fiat.. which all are headed for disaster before or after usd... so as long as buyers will only pay in fiat for most of them.. we must price them in fiat... however, whast we do with our earned fiat after, well, i guess that is still left to us... though even this privilege may be under threat in future. some use their fiat now to buy metals.. thinking they'll preserve their wealth for future through crisis (its about preserving wealth, not making more really)... but... even metals have been and can be confiscated by govnts. its happened many times before..
others wil put fiat into cryptos.. but what are cryptos... imo nothing more than govnt experiment toward one world digital currency.. so investing in crypto is no better than holding on to dying fiat..

i dunno maybe we should all just buy canned beans. at least we won't go hungry.

•••
i regged cryptodollar,co today

whatver digital money usa comes up with, there is a 1% chance it'll be called that :P

I used to own

Coinmina .com

And

Criptacoin .com

But let them expire

I have

Dronelifting .co

But i have

cryptosolicitors .uk and .co.uk

Because there will be lots of legal issues around crypto investments etc

•••
the world is still burning, oil is negative in price, yet BTC jumped to 7.6k+ *facepalm* i don't understand it but hey that's not really a different kind of day for BTC ^_^

On that note, does anyone know how to buy oil, like u know, using an exchange? Does it make sense to buy oil at a negative price... I mean, like, that means you can buy as much as you want! And then sell it when it's even $1

•••
probably best not to buy nything u cannot store at your own house. whether its oil, gold etc...
else u do not really own shite.

as for btc going up.. well... there aren't really any reason for it.. and if that's the case its probsbly quick fake pump... so im gonna say.... btc 6700 tomorrow this time. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back