Dynadot

domain $1000 offer on IonLithium.com Take it? or Walk?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
hey got an offer from godaddy broker for $1000 on IonLithium.com second offer after $500. I counter with $8000 after the $500.

was targeting $5000. am I being too greedy?

their excuse was it wasn't in their budget for their blog?

like whaaaaa?

IonLithium.com? for a blog? I don't get it. what do you think NP? just some broker trying to get it for cheap for a client then sell it to say Duracell for $50K?

haven't accepted nor countered. probably will expire soon. so take it or walk?

I know I know. money now is money now. (my own words lol) but sometimes you get this "feelin" ya know?

renewals are coming though. sure as death and taxes! lol

I could push to auction broker said but he advised not to since it would mean paying commission to godaddy.

as it stands now no commission. pure profit.

I'm about to just take it unless someone says otherwise.

or maybe counter with $5000? $6000?

decisions decisions decisions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would've maybe countered $1500-1800 you may have went too steep but only time will tell. Great offers.

•••
The only question that matters. Do you need the money?

•••
yea well tiny compared to some of the ones I'm "jealous" of. finally using Clearbit though! duh!

got hold of all Duracell and eveready emails for CMO's and other exec's

finally getting a use to this outbound stuff. still having hard time creating my own personal email since I was told Gmail is spam block by most corporate inboxes.

but wouldn't it block everything anyways? other than inter office emails with the same url?

so does it really matter if I use my own dotcom for my outbounds?

•••
The only question that matters. Do you need the money?

currently? no. but if I keep getting such offers like this well I'd be set. I'm starting to think it's really time to get outta this game and quit trying to find that Whale who'll drop $250,000 on one domain and just be happy getting couple hundred $500 to $1000 offers and accept it. I do have the inventory. so. wouldn't be too shabby.

but then again as domainers we're all got that mentality of "go for the gold!"

and then you see our hero's like Mike Mann publishing 5 - 6 figures sales.

we'll see. IonLithium.com I think would be good in the searches. although Lithium Ion is the actual typically searched set of words.

•••
Try Zoho mail, think your first domain name is free, email attaches to domain. You won’t have the spam block issues because of the email - maybe the site address if it’s something out of the norm (non com/net, etc)

You would be surprised how many emails the executives actually read. They are usually controll freaks, that why they run the big orgs.

The wording and subject could get seen. Phone calls are best and make sure you are super polite to the assistant. They are the true gatekeeper not spam block. Get the assistant on your side, make them look smart to the boss, and you at least have a chance - slim but not nothing hahahha

Good luck

•••
IonLithium.com I think would be good in the searches. although Lithium Ion is the actual typically searched set of words.
that might be your answer there, not the "true" name one would want.
I like the name myself and it seems worth more than 1k but, maybe not?
Panasonic makes batteries as well. Energizer, Rayovac, others. Knock on doors tomorrow, accept or counter on Tuesday.

•••
Take the money. IonLithium.com is Lithium Ion (correct term) backwards. Take that $$$ and move on to something better.

•••
•••
Take the money while you can, or else buyer will find better alternative for sure. Just my opinion.

•••
that might be your answer there, not the "true" name one would want.
I like the name myself and it seems worth more than 1k but, maybe not?
Panasonic makes batteries as well. Energizer, Rayovac, others. Knock on doors tomorrow, accept or counter on Tuesday.

Thanks for that! will do. as I contact those. something about this one makes me think at least $2500 like ones on HugeDomains or BuyDomains.com

Greed is powerful thing ain't it? But I'm slowly considering taking the $1000 and moving along. Might counter with $3500 though .

•••
I would counter at 1250.00 , reinvest the 1K, Go buy yourself something with $250

•••
make it rain dude

tenor.gif

•••
Well, it appears you may have over 7000 domains, so being that you noted in another post that rather than accept a $3500 for a domain that was expired, you sent it to Sedo auction for 'hopefully more' (and that the initial offerer not walking), you should either pass on it or over counter price it. Seems you get these type of offers often, so sit back and wait for more. Heck worrying about renewals, $1000 offers on year old regs are happening daily! (....it seems 'for some'.)

•••
If you owned lithium-ion.com or lithiumion.com you would be in a better place to negotiate because the correct terminology is "lithium-ion" or "li-ion" not "ionlithium"

Take the $1000 while you can for ionlithium.com before they register lithiumionforum.com / ionlithiumforum.com / lithiumionblog.com / ionlithiumblog.com
they are all available
to register with exact match for their niche "forum or blog"

Last edited:
•••
Don't refer the exact domain when transaction isn't done yet. Good luck.

•••
Don't refer the exact domain when transaction isn't done yet. Good luck.
May I know why? Risk of being targeted by hackers?

•••
If tomorrow your client Google's the domain he will maybe end up seeing this discussion. Never disclose a name under negotiation....

•••
May I know why? Risk of being targeted by hackers?
Domain wolves, privacy issues, not to mention the buyer could be reading this. Good way to kill a deal.

•••
Wow. Thank you! I didn't know that!

•••
Yes. I deleted my domain for appraisal. Just promoting it!

Last edited:
•••
So where has the deal reached finally ?

•••
hey got an offer from godaddy broker for $1000 on IonLithium.com second offer after $500. I counter with $8000 after the $500.

was targeting $5000. am I being too greedy?

their excuse was it wasn't in their budget for their blog?

like whaaaaa?

IonLithium.com? for a blog? I don't get it. what do you think NP? just some broker trying to get it for cheap for a client then sell it to say Duracell for $50K?

haven't accepted nor countered. probably will expire soon. so take it or walk?

I know I know. money now is money now. (my own words lol) but sometimes you get this "feelin" ya know?

renewals are coming though. sure as death and taxes! lol

I could push to auction broker said but he advised not to since it would mean paying commission to godaddy.

as it stands now no commission. pure profit.

I'm about to just take it unless someone says otherwise.

or maybe counter with $5000? $6000?

decisions decisions decisions.

It's for sure, a company needs it and not a blogger. You should counter minimum $ 5 k for it but if you need funds immediately then it depends upon you.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back