IT.COM

$100 - 1st Place, $50 - 2nd Place, $25 - 3rd Place - 3 Winners!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo/Header

3 Prizes
: First Place - $100
Second Place - $50
Third Place - $25

Contest End Date & Time
: Sunday Jan 15th 7pm Central Time

Size Requirements
: I don't know the terminology but I think Vector format is the format where I will be able to resize the picture but that is what I need. Something resizable. I just looked at the efty header logo requirements and this is what they need for their site.
JPEG, PNG or GIF
Max 1 MB
Max w/h 300px * 80px
These are not my exact needs but I would like to have it in a header of my own site one day soon as well. and I don't know what the exact requirements will be so that is why I need it resizable. Plus I would like to put it on business cards, etc.

Color Requirements
: I don't have a specific requirement of color until I see it. I might like anything and color isnt the main focus for me but I do like black and white and think that may be it.

General Requirements
: The words "Media Branding".

Additional Information
: I am going to re-brand myself. I like the 2 words a lot, so they need to be of course the main focus. If you have any ideas of your own I would absolutely love to see whatever you would like to create for me here. These are 2 great words that can have a lot of cool visions for either of them. That is the main thing. So creativity is key here. The site will be domain related. It will be a platform to sell some of my portfolio, maybe blog, maybe some title category stories, etc. If you are stuck on creating your own cool idea for these 2 words together then you can maybe try this for me. I have always been TheDotStop and have always had a stoplight as my logo. I do still like that stoplight. If you add a stoplight or the 3 lights, (red, yellow, green) somewhere I think I could like that too.

I will be checking in here pretty often so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Vito

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
media-branding-sample8tinyl.png

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
@Silentptnr - Can you adjoin the 2 letters from your last entry using the Right vertical leg of M as the left vertical of the B and adding stoplight colors within there? Simlar to what we have in this contest a few times already but I like your font and thickness best at this point. Black on white and white on black please.

•••
•••
•••
•••
@Jack007 - The checkmark logos all look great. an you try one checkmark with the red/ylw/grn all fading into each other within the same checkmark and show it to me in a black lettered and white lettered M and B please?

I am not sure about this but the M on the star, It looks as if the right vertical side of M can come down just a little further before interfering with the character of the star, correct? or is that an optical illusion for me? If it is possible to bring that down just a bit more and not F-up the character of star or character of M, I would like to see that as well.

@Silentptnr - I like that last one. can I see same but black on white,
and can you change grn from first to last and red first on both main logo and words. I don't know which one I like better but seeing them next to each other and blk/whites reversed within same post would be awesome.

•••
Had to step away for sunday visit to see mom. Will post as soon as i get back. Sorry for any inconvenience.

•••
Had to step away for sunday visit to see mom. Will post as soon as i get back. Sorry for any inconvenience.

No inconvenience at all.
Mom is MUCH more important than this stuff.
Thanks for all you have done so far.

•••
Just thought of a new idea

new star.JPG

•••
Ok I will do the revision.

•••
•••
Here is the revisions with a change in font:
mediabranding8-01.png

•••
•••
Ok, so I did the mistake to participate at this logo contest thinking that it's an OK contest. Well, it's not. I should have known this when I noticed that the CH was disappointed about kraman.157's work (thinking that he is actually a good designer:xf.grin:), who btw is a notorious thief and if anyone has 1% idea about design, notices his lack of style in 5 seconds. I also noticed some pixelated logos which make my eyes burn (I even thought that I need to go to the doctor to ask if I need glasses:glasses:). I admit that I saw some nice designs also (I don't have to say names, because they are obvious for the people who have some idea about logo concepts :xf.laugh:). Ok, so let's get back to the main idea. I also noticed that the CH was shown another stolen design from logoesdesign (or something like that- his name is as original as his work is:whistle:.) But he liked it, although it was obvious it was stolen. Great!!!
:meh:
I read the feedback for my logo which sounded like this
"@iulia87 - I don’t know - Basic. I like the green but the green logo B looks weird.
I know it is suppose to be an m, but it just looks a little weird to me."

mbrand.jpg

Well after that, someone came with a design inspired like 60% by mine (btw. nice mock up, I also have it:joyful:) and the feedback sounded like this:
"@daraptor - I like your first logo and it really looks great on that black background.
I love the play on the M and B. Horizontal M, Vertical B. but when I look at it from a few fet away
all I see is a B. My brand is MediaBranding so seeing a B first and foremost would definitely be confusing.
3rd logo is cool as well. But B or 3 is what actually stands out to me. Hope you can try something else here before end of contest at 7pm tonight Central Time"

I mean much better, thank you for tweaking my concept :ROFL:.

This is just wonderfull!O_o

•••
•••
Ok, so I did the mistake to participate at this logo contest thinking that it's an OK contest. Well, it's not. I should have known this when I noticed that the CH was disappointed about kraman.157's work (thinking that he is actually a good designer:xf.grin:), who btw is a notorious thief and if anyone has 1% idea about design, notices his lack of style in 5 seconds. I also noticed some pixelated logos which make my eyes burn (I even thought that I need to go to the doctor to ask if I need glasses:glasses:). I admit that I saw some nice designs also (I don't have to say names, because they are obvious for the people who have some idea about logo concepts :xf.laugh:). Ok, so let's get back to the main idea. I also noticed that the CH was shown another stolen design from logoesdesign (or something like that- his name is as original as his work is:whistle:.) But he liked it, although it was obvious it was stolen. Great!!!
:meh:
I read the feedback for my logo which sounded like this
"@iulia87 - I don’t know - Basic. I like the green but the green logo B looks weird.
I know it is suppose to be an m, but it just looks a little weird to me."

Show attachment 47285
Well after that, someone came with a design inspired like 60% by mine (btw. nice mock up, I also have it:joyful:) and the feedback sounded like this:
"@daraptor - I like your first logo and it really looks great on that black background.
I love the play on the M and B. Horizontal M, Vertical B. but when I look at it from a few fet away
all I see is a B. My brand is MediaBranding so seeing a B first and foremost would definitely be confusing.
3rd logo is cool as well. But B or 3 is what actually stands out to me. Hope you can try something else here before end of contest at 7pm tonight Central Time"

I mean much better, thank you for tweaking my concept :ROFL:.

This is just wonderfull!O_o

@iulia87 - What are you looking for here? I don't want any stolen work at all here and many people are making me aware of logos that could potentially be stolen in thread and in pms. If I see something that looks even close to being stolen I will disqualify that person or artwork. I have already excluded 3 that were all great logos but later found out stolen. I appreciate you having my and NP's best interests here. As I am looking at each logo, (and there have been a lot) I am trying to comment with the first thing that comes to my mind here. That takes a long time. I have hours and hours into this contest already and I feel good about that because I am making sure of getting something I like a lot. I am not a logo creator so I have never seen these artists work. As for talent or no talent, I have no idea who is better or not I just know what I like.

Now that you put your picture in front of me again along with the other guys similar picture I see that bump at the top right of your B which is the left top corner of M. I get it. It makes sense just doesn't look that great to me. I guess that's why I said the word weird. I am sure you are very talented. His was cleaner and maybe the metallic silver on the black background was more visually appealing to my eyes. Both logos are cool but all I see from them at first glance is a B. That wont work for me. My site does not start with a B. And to find the M, you have to look at it for more than a second.

I want a clean contest and a clean logo. That's it.

If someone stole something then yes we all want to know, so we dont allow that from happening and make sure it doesn't happen anymore.

Commenting on others lack of talent here just makes you kinda sound like a mean person or sore loser. I don't see how that can be productive at all.

If you want to drop out, then fine.
If you want to submit something else, great, please do.

•••
On my way back in case there is still time!

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back