Dynadot

$100 - 1st Place, $50 - 2nd Place, $25 - 3rd Place - 3 Winners!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : Logo/Header

3 Prizes
: First Place - $100
Second Place - $50
Third Place - $25

Contest End Date & Time
: Sunday Jan 15th 7pm Central Time

Size Requirements
: I don't know the terminology but I think Vector format is the format where I will be able to resize the picture but that is what I need. Something resizable. I just looked at the efty header logo requirements and this is what they need for their site.
JPEG, PNG or GIF
Max 1 MB
Max w/h 300px * 80px
These are not my exact needs but I would like to have it in a header of my own site one day soon as well. and I don't know what the exact requirements will be so that is why I need it resizable. Plus I would like to put it on business cards, etc.

Color Requirements
: I don't have a specific requirement of color until I see it. I might like anything and color isnt the main focus for me but I do like black and white and think that may be it.

General Requirements
: The words "Media Branding".

Additional Information
: I am going to re-brand myself. I like the 2 words a lot, so they need to be of course the main focus. If you have any ideas of your own I would absolutely love to see whatever you would like to create for me here. These are 2 great words that can have a lot of cool visions for either of them. That is the main thing. So creativity is key here. The site will be domain related. It will be a platform to sell some of my portfolio, maybe blog, maybe some title category stories, etc. If you are stuck on creating your own cool idea for these 2 words together then you can maybe try this for me. I have always been TheDotStop and have always had a stoplight as my logo. I do still like that stoplight. If you add a stoplight or the 3 lights, (red, yellow, green) somewhere I think I could like that too.

I will be checking in here pretty often so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Vito

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I admit that I saw some nice designs also (I don't have to say names, because they are obvious for the people who have some idea about logo concepts :xf.laugh:).
You mean your romanian friend (or family relative) and yourself?
*sarcasm*

•••
•••
media-branding-favicon-blac.png
media-branding-favicon-whit.png

favicons

•••
mb_03.jpg

@the dot stop, I see you from beggining had known what design you need, you just look at traffic light between the letters.
but it is nothing original, there are a lot of similar logo and it is obvoius that a lot of design here will be considered as "inspired" by another logo.
the "traffic lights" logos not will be orignal and unique...

•••
My design suggested simplicity, strength and creativity, and is original. Its a fun contest. OP seems really nice. Just my opinion. Congrats to whoever wins. Some nice looking logos here.

Last edited:
•••
My design suggested simplicity and is original. Its a fun contest. OP seems really nice. Just my opinion. Congrats to whoever wins. Some nice looking logos here.
They are not original, because the idea of traffic lights is used in too much logo, and not just lights between letters, I mean the concept itself. It is not unique.
I didnt mean "stolen", I mean "not unique".
I saw here a few original logo without any traffic lights.
I think they are original because they seemed something different and could me memorable.

•••
@Silentptnr - Looks very good.

Just some user feedback, I really like this design :)
I agree. Thanks for the reminder.

@the dot stop, I see you from beggining had known what design you need, you just look at traffic light between the letters.
but it is nothing original, there are a lot of similar logo and it is obvoius that a lot of design here will be considered as "inspired" by another logo.
the "traffic lights" logos not will be orignal and unique...

I am not worried. I know some will be similar. At this point I know I helped guide some great artists with the visions in my head come alive with alongside their talent to make that come alive. And as others are reading my jibberish I am sure they are trying to create something along the lines of what I like. So of course some will be similar at this point. Its all good.

•••
i just come back to the same :(
dont want to check if somebody already put lights without space or not...
if it is repeated, sorry
mb_04.jpg

•••
•••
Have winners been announced?
Not pushing, just not sure if winners have been inboxed etc.

Thanks.

•••
Contest is now over.
No more submissions allowed.
Thanks to everyone who entered. You have all made this very hard to pick. There are so many that I really like. Give me a little time to go back n forth on all 8 pages of this thread and figure this out. I will try to post all 3 winners tonight.

Thanks!

•••
I have it narrowed down to these now but I need to place them all in one post so its is much easier for me to see rather than going to all different pages.

I guess this will do.

Show attachment 46936
I put full throttle there just to have something there..... peace out

Simple, image of your choice, this happens to be San DiegoShow attachment 47219
Timing the lights...lol
Show attachment 46531

•••
WTF, Why isn't it showing all of the pix now from my quotes? I still have to click on each one. That didn't make it any easier for me...lol
I am hoping every time I hit "insert quotes" it grabbed each pic I wanted.

•••
@the dot stop
right clik on each one and "open in a new tab"
and just check tab by tab

•••
•••
Well this didnt go the way i thought it would lol. Good luck to winner and congrats to top three.

•••
Ok everyone, I have it narrowed down to these 3 here.
My eyes are going crazy. I have been looking at this screen waay too long today.
I have no idea which one is going up on the site right away but these are definitely the final 3.
I will look at all 3 again when I am getting a fresh look in the morning and I will announce the order then.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If any of the 3 of you can do this throw one of your logo/header pix that I picked, on a screenshot of my site up here in a post for a visual aid. It would be cool to look at tomorrow if it is possible. If not, no big deal.
Thanks

•••
Ok, so I did the mistake to participate at this logo contest thinking that it's an OK contest. Well, it's not. I should have known this when I noticed that the CH was disappointed about kraman.157's work (thinking that he is actually a good designer:xf.grin:), who btw is a notorious thief and if anyone has 1% idea about design, notices his lack of style in 5 seconds. I also noticed some pixelated logos which make my eyes burn (I even thought that I need to go to the doctor to ask if I need glasses:glasses:). I admit that I saw some nice designs also (I don't have to say names, because they are obvious for the people who have some idea about logo concepts :xf.laugh:). Ok, so let's get back to the main idea. I also noticed that the CH was shown another stolen design from logoesdesign (or something like that- his name is as original as his work is:whistle:.) But he liked it, although it was obvious it was stolen. Great!!!
:meh:
I read the feedback for my logo which sounded like this
"@iulia87 - I don’t know - Basic. I like the green but the green logo B looks weird.
I know it is suppose to be an m, but it just looks a little weird to me."

Show attachment 47285
Well after that, someone came with a design inspired like 60% by mine (btw. nice mock up, I also have it:joyful:) and the feedback sounded like this:
"@daraptor - I like your first logo and it really looks great on that black background.
I love the play on the M and B. Horizontal M, Vertical B. but when I look at it from a few fet away
all I see is a B. My brand is MediaBranding so seeing a B first and foremost would definitely be confusing.
3rd logo is cool as well. But B or 3 is what actually stands out to me. Hope you can try something else here before end of contest at 7pm tonight Central Time"

I mean much better, thank you for tweaking my concept :ROFL:.

This is just wonderfull!O_o

Wow, I did not saw you even entered this contest @iulia87 there were so many entries and pages. I do agree our designs look the same but have different approach. I designed my logo to look like a Capital B and M where as yours looks Small b and m (at least it looks like that to me, correct me if I am wrong).

@the dot stop I apologize I missed the deadline, was away for the weekend. Congrats to you and the winners :D

•••
•••
iulia87 said:
Ok, so I did the mistake to participate at this logo contest thinking that it's an OK contest.

Want a trophy snowflake? The contest was perfectly fine.

•••
•••
Had to make the text white because of the background.Here's the preview (top left corner view in the next page)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back