Dynadot

10 million dollars now or 50 million dollars after 20 years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

10 million dollars now or 50 million dollars after 20 years

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 10 million dollars today

votes
    96.0%
  • 50 million dollars in 20 years

vote
    4.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
I came across this thread in an another forum. So thought of sharing with you guys.

If you had the choice to receive 10 million dollars now or 50 million dollars after 20 years. What would you prefer?

I would certainly prefer 10 million dollars today. Who knows what the future holds? I may not be even alive after 20 years.

On the other hand, if my age is 18-20 years, I don't mind waiting for another 20 years to receive 50 million dollars. But if I am in my 30s or 40s, I would defintely take 10 million dollars today and enjoy the present moment rather than being worried for the future.

What do you think?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The only people that would opt to wait 20 years will be those that are already well off.
It would be an anomaly if you found someone to choose to wait 20 years for 500% more.
And 18-20 years olds fuggetaboutit, they are the most impatient, I'm quite sure they will take a million or much less today rather than a billion in 20 years.

Last edited:
•••
I love James Bond film but I don't like him because he believe in
Tomorrow Never Dies & I believe in "Tomorrow Never Comes". (Only in Business)

•••
I would grab the 10 mil now and make it 50 mil in 2 years :)

•••
Actually question should be $ 50k now or $ 500 k after 10 years . Because this is situation most of domainers have faced or facing here with there best domains. IMO

•••
Money now! It's a nobrainer for so many reasons!

•••
Only a millionaire can answer that he prefers $50M after 20 years... I don't think there are so many millionaires on NP...

Last edited:
•••
lol... even if the option was 5 million NOW or 50 million on 20 years..i would still take 5 million now :)

•••
"tomorrow never comes" Shree Rajneesh

Last edited:
•••
I am too old (+40) to wait, so 10M now.

•••
Yeah 10 million now. You can invest and make money with it :)

•••
Yeah. 10 Million now == 1 Billion after 20 years:sneaky:

•••
TODAY I am delighted to share I GOT THIS EXACT OFFER in my email! I am taking the money for sure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello,

Compliment of the day to you.I am Mrs. Regina Phalange I am sending this brief letter to solicit your partnership to transfer $10 million US Dollars. I shall send you more information and procedures when I receive a positive response from you.

Best Regards, Mrs. Regina Phalange
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually question should be $ 50k now or $ 500 k after 10 years . Because this is situation most of domainers have faced or facing here with there best domains. IMO

: thumbs up : My guess would be more commonly domainers face lower but similar ratios like $30 vs $300 or $200 vs $2000

•••
You are so lucky to get that offer man. You should take it :P

•••
50 in next 20 years.

Reason = Even if I am given 10 right now I will have to invest it into something that makes it 50 in next 20 years. That also has risk but on other hand I am guaranteed to receive 50 M in next 20 years so I will take that 50 M in after 20 years.

As of now I do have enough to do whatever I want to do and am not in urgent need of 10M to spend on crazy things.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back