IT.COM

10,000 likes - - Never thought I would make it

NameSilo
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
Just got back to the site after cleaning up some leftovers (yummm) and noticed I reached the magical number...woohoo!

I think it is fitting that Bob is the one that gave me my 10,000th like (I would tag him but I must admit I do not know how!?!?!). Bob has contributed so much to the forum and he is one of the members I try to emulate by offering content (when I can) that might be helpful to someone else.

I'm 37th or 39th (?) I think and I owe a lot of those 'likes' to new members in this thread and other threads as I welcome them when I spot them (also existing members will 'like' my posts). We all should take a second or two to acknowledge new members as that is what will keep the nps engine running and growing. As I stated somewhere else recently, when I first came out of the shadows and joined/posted (it was lengthy) introducing myself, I appreciated those that reached out to say hello and that is part of what kept me coming back.

There are many helpful posts/threads here and more than once they have kept my domaining 'energy' up and for that I thank you all.

EDIT/ADD: Just got my official notification...I am obliged to mention the '5 figure club'. :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations on joining the " 5 figure club "!

That is a terrific and well earned accomplishment and a reflection of your time and commitment to the NamePros Forum.

Always enjoy reading your posts, be they greeting the newly arrived or offering your opinions on
weighty domain name topics.

Will look forward to reading more of your positive and upbeat posts!

•••
•••
•••
Big congrats and welcome to the club @Mister Funsky! :)

I often said that most of the posts in the "Welcome"/Meet and Greet forum are empty fluff, but most certainly you (and @WatchDogue) are one of the few who actualy deserves your likes there as in the majority of cases you actually reach out to new members with a personalised greeting or point them in the right direction when they seem to be looking for help. So your 10k likes most certainly are well deserved! :)

To tag someone all you need to do is put an "@" directly before writing their username (no space after the @). In fact after a couple characters you'll see a dropdown of possible matching usernames appear (so sometimes you might need to type several characters before the list shortens and the option you want appears.

•••
Congratulations on joining the " 5 figure club "!

That is a terrific and well earned accomplishment and a reflection of your time and commitment to the NamePros Forum.

Always enjoy reading your posts, be they greeting the newly arrived or offering your opinions on
weighty domain name topics.

Will look forward to reading more of your positive and upbeat posts!

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement!

•••
•••
•••
Big congrats and welcome to the club @Mister Funsky! :)

I often said that most of the posts in the "Welcome"/Meet and Greet forum are empty fluff, but most certainly you (and @WatchDogue) are one of the few who actualy deserves your likes there as in the majority of cases you actually reach out to new members with a personalised greeting or point them in the right direction when they seem to be looking for help. So your 10k likes most certainly are well deserved! :)

To tag someone all you need to do is put an "@" directly before writing their username (no space after the @). In fact after a couple characters you'll see a dropdown of possible matching usernames appear (so sometimes you might need to type several characters before the list shortens and the option you want appears.

Thank you...yes, I can remember someone used my 'name' responding to me when I first joined and it resonated with me. Also, thank you for letting me know about the tag...it is hard, having been around computers and posting since the bulletin board days, admitting I did not know how! That goes to show that nps is the only place I take the time to read and post.

btw, I think you are one of the (if not the) most interactive with new members...it is essential to keep new members, along with their thoughts and 'fresh eyes', coming in to the benefit of us all.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Congrats. No small feat. Thanks for your contributions to Namepros.

•••
•••
Congrats .. This is super awesome achievement to start a happy new year :xf.smile:

•••
•••
Congrats, Mister Funsky. I have appreciated your many contributions to the forum.

When I joined NP I didn't know how to tag either -- I solved that problem by a quick google search. :-D

•••
Well done, well deserved. More impressing than the pure number to me is that the NP Kaiser appointed you to a NP Prince by giving the 10k.

Edit: somewhat pathetic but serious is my post ...

Last edited:
•••
Congrats, Mister Funsky. I have appreciated your many contributions to the forum.

When I joined NP I didn't know how to tag either -- I solved that problem by a quick google search. :-D

Thank you! Another confession: I did search giggle and attempted to do it but failed...never tried again!

•••
Well done, well deserved. More impressing than the pure number to me is that the NP Kaiser appointed you to a NP Prince by giving the 10k.

Thank you! Although likely not intended, the 'anointing' was appreciated!

•••
Congratulations on reaching the 5 figure likes club @Mister Funsky. Really appreciate the friendly, helpful and positive way you interact on NamePros and how supportive you are of others.

It is great to see the 5-figure likes group grow!

Congratulations once more and thank you for making NamePros a better and more welcoming place.

Bob

PS I have always found your username memorable and well fun :xf.smile:. Is there a story behind it you would like to share?

•••
•••
Congratulations on reaching the 5 figure likes club @Mister Funsky. Really appreciate the friendly, helpful and positive way you interact on NamePros and how supportive you are of others.

It is great to see the 5-figure likes group grow!

Congratulations once more and thank you for making NamePros a better and more welcoming place.

Bob

PS I have always found your username memorable and well fun :xf.smile:. Is there a story behind it you would like to share?

Thank you Bob! As you can see above, you gave me number 10,000...thanks!

Now that I have learned to tag, I would like to apologize to everyone in advance...I will try to restrain my use of the feature. :xf.smile:

Mister Funsky...well, to begin with I was always the class clown from kindergarten through college and years ago I dabbled in stand up comedy. Many times in my life people have commented no matter how bad a situation or life was at the moment, I was always able to find a way to have fun and make people laugh rather than cry. When I decided to come out of the shadows at nps, Mr Fun was taken (or at least I thought it was) so Funsky became the logical alternative.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you so much for answering the question about the Funsky name. I think finding fun even in unexpected places is part of the magic of life. Thanks for sharing the magic.
I was always able to find a way to have fun and make people laugh rather than cry.

So even tried standup comedy! I bet if NamePros members shared some of the jobs they have tried we would find a lot of interesting variety.

Has NamesCon ever tried a standup comedy night around a domain name world theme?

Bob

•••
@Ategy @Bob Hawkes

Okay, I did it! I wanted to tag Bob since my intention was to do so at the beginning of this as a thanks for number ten thousand...the tag for Ategy is because he explained to me how to do it...thanks! (seriously...a whole level of ignorance has been lifted off of me now!)

So even tried standup comedy! I bet if NamePros members shared some of the jobs they have tried we would find a lot of interesting variety.

That is an awesome idea for a thread...I am willing to bet we have people from every trade and profession here (maybe even a deep cover type or two!):peeking::ninja:.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back