IT.COM

$1 .COM, .NET, .ORG & .CA transfers - Rebel.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick

Top Member
Impact
Not sure if this is old news, but it's new to me. I stumbled on this because I bought a domain from someone and needed an account to receive by push:

$1 to transfer up to 20 .COM, .NET, .ORG or .CA domains to Rebel.com.

I just transferred 10 over and plan to do 10 more later. Total cost for 10 was $12 (including a $00.20 ICANN fee). For what it's worth, I also had to call in because I had some questions and their phone support answered almost immediately and was pretty helpful. I like their site's UI, too. Might have to consider using them more.

Untitled-1445983159-671.png

https://www.rebel.com/DomainTransfer.aspx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The Merry-Go-Round crowd? :D

Going to give it go... If that puts your mind at ease. If there's a catch, I'll find out in 60 days time.
Some of the catch that caught me in the past:

1) My domain was cancelled by Yahoo (without notice) after transferring for just $1. Checked the whois after 1 week, and was shocked to see my domain was in Redemption. Called up Yahoo Support, and they told me my domain was cancelled because the billing address i typed during checkout did not match with the address verbatim on my credit card statement.

Ex. If you type Ventura Ave., but your credit card address says Ventura Avenue, Yahoo immediately cancels the domain.

2) The registrar renews the domain at full price more than 1 month before expiry. They won't even tell you the day they will renew the domains. And there's no option to disable auto renew.

3) Transfer codes from hell. You want to transfer before expiry, and they won't let you.

•••
I had never heard about them before.. What's means "BB" ? Barbados?
One website says they only have about 87,000 domains on record with them at the latest count.

•••
The discount is made at the cart. 1-866-497-3235

Yep, called that number, and their automated message says after ringing: "Cannot connect you right now". then it automatically hangs up. I'm calling from my landline-which I use to call just about any country without any issues. :)

Then I called the Head-Office number listed, I heard a 1970s background music for 5/7 mins-then I ended the call.

As far as the transfer goes, I get this message: "We have detected an error while processing your request and reloaded the page. Please refrain from using your browsers back, forward and reload buttons while navigating our website. If the problem persists please contact Customer Support."

I never did hit the back button, nor did I reload the page. Maybe the 20 domains stated is too much.

Some of the catch that caught me in the past:

1) My domain was cancelled by Yahoo (without notice) after transferring for just $1. Checked the whois after 1 week, and was shocked to see my domain was in Redemption. Called up Yahoo Support, and they told me my domain was cancelled because the billing address i typed during checkout did not match with the address verbatim on my credit card statement.

Ex. If you type Ventura Ave., but your credit card address says Ventura Avenue, Yahoo immediately cancels the domain.

2) The registrar renews the domain at full price more than 1 month before expiry. They won't even tell you the day they will renew the domains. And there's no option to disable auto renew.

3) Transfer codes from hell. You want to transfer before expiry, and they won't let you.

I had an issue like this with a Tucows reseller several years ago. They threatened to cancel my domain if I didn't pay for a 'transfer out" fee, as well as a renewal. They also refused to give the Auth code for the domain months before expiry. That was a headache. I think I ended up paying close to $60 at the time.

•••
Yep, called that number, and their automated message says after ringing: "Cannot connect you right now". then it automatically hangs up. I'm calling from my landline-which I use to call just about any country without any issues. :)

Then I called the Head-Office number listed, I heard a 1970s background music for 5/7 mins-then I ended the call.

As far as the transfer goes, I get this message: "We have detected an error while processing your request and reloaded the page. Please refrain from using your browsers back, forward and reload buttons while navigating our website. If the problem persists please contact Customer Support."

I never did hit the back button, nor did I reload the page. Maybe the 20 domains stated is too much.

I had an issue like this with a Tucows reseller several years ago. They threatened to cancel my domain if I didn't pay for a 'transfer out" fee, as well as a renewal. They also refused to give the Auth code for the domain months before expiry. That was a headache. I think I ended up paying close to $60 at the time.
Well...I just called because I accidentally submitted the same domain twice and got through in 2 minutes. Sorry it's not working out for you, but I seem to be having no problems other than my own user-error issues.

•••
Thanks for the share. I might try a few

•••
Only gotcha item I have been able to find so far is

If the contact is Registrant Contact of any domain(s) then updating the contact will restrict you from transferring all associated domain(s) for next 7 (seven) days.

But hey it could have been worse like GoDaddy 60 days! B-)

Last edited:
•••
I couldn't add my credit card to account and couln't proceed the payment (they accept only credit cards for payments), now because of this stupid problem I had to send them 4 documents (a copy of my national ID, back and front of my credit card and also to complete a SVF form with my credit card info) a real pain in the ass to only verify my identity, I gave them all these and now I wait, but until now all I can say is that they probably don't know how important the "first impression" is.

•••
I couldn't add my credit card to account and couln't proceed the payment (they accept only credit cards for payments), now because of this stupid problem I had to send them 4 documents (a copy of my national ID, back and front of my credit card and also to complete a SVF form with my credit card info) a real pain in the ass to only verify my identity, I gave them all these and now I wait, but until now all I can say is that they probably don't know how important the "first impression" is.
Was it an AmEx? I had an issue with mine at first, which lead me to giving them a call. Used my MasterCard and had no trouble.

•••
Was it an AmEx? I had an issue with mine at first, which lead me to giving them a call. Used my MasterCard and had no trouble.
The form was called SVF, didn't had anything about AmEx, unfortunately I only have Visa.

•••
I had never heard about them before.. What's means "BB" ? Barbados?
Rebel rebranded from Namescout.

•••
•••
Thanks for the post. Just transferred a couple low priority domains, going to try them out.

I did run try calling their support line to ask a few questions, but the call was ended after waiting 10 minutes or so without answer.

•••
I've used my mastercard on lots of web services woth zero problems, but this registrar can't accept my card data and now i have to fill out a form...wtf

•••
I know 1&1 also offers $1 stuffs in the past, but nobody dared to bite it.
$0 .coms now / $20 per domain transfer fee :P

•••
I'll wait and see how it goes.

•••
Seems bear trap. Renewal price is $15. Next year you will pay $4 to $5 extra and money will be recovered If you use them for more then 2 year ;)

•••
Seems bear trap. Renewal price is $15. Next year you will pay $4 to $5 extra and money will be recovered If you use them for more then 2 year ;)
Renewal prices, should not be an issue. As long as you can transfer out.

So that's the question. Can you transfer out?

•••
Here is the trap:

Ownership Protection - Just $17.99/year

You have to pay to set ownership protection on. And if you set it on, you have to contact them to set off again. Really weird.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Whats the renewak price??

•••
•••
Here is the trap:

Ownership Protection - Just $17.99/year

You have to pay to set ownership protection on. And if you set it on, you have to contact them to set off again. Really weird.
I looked this up on their website. Seems like this is optional, only if you want it.

•••
Of course ownership protection is optional, but once set on is not as easy to set off with a simple click.
A snapshot of the domain manager with all prices:

rebel.jpg

•••
A snapshot of the domain manager with all prices:
It seems they manually working on it.

There is longway to reach more features. It's worth to transfer your dropping domains :P

•••
Thanks for the screenshot. Well i think the Ownership Protection is obviously designed to make it more difficult for robbers to steal your domain.

Looking at the screenshot, so it's good that the Next Billing Date is displayed on the Control Panel.

What about the Transfer Codes, are they readily visible? Have to request via email like Godday?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back