Domain Empire

1&1 No email or Ticket Support?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
What a joke, no support except by phone. I don't want to make international calls so I had to choose the call back option, been waiting half a day just to ask a simple question about DNS.

I guess they will call me at 3am in the morning here.

Just be aware if you use this mob.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1 day later still no support, what a joke

•••
My letter to them, I found their email I used before so I hope they respond, will update here:

Hello,
regarding my domain: creditrelief.info
I have been waiting over 1 day for your company to call me since you offer no other way to get in contact with you which is really appalling. I only want to find out why my DNS is not pointing to Blogger or why it is still showing pointing to my VPS at ecotees.org and not using the default name servers as I set. I'm trying to point my domain to blogger and I have followed all the tutorials to setup the DNS to use Blogger.com but it is still not working and Blogger does not see it as pointing to them so I can't get it to work. Can you please set it correctly or fix this and communicate with me.

I will also update this on NamePros with my thread I started about your support: https://www.namepros.com/threads/1-1-no-email-or-ticket-support.977183/#post-5779634

(my account and contaxt details_

•••
support AT 1and1.com - usually they reply me within a few hours;
billing
AT 1and1.com - up to 48 hours, except weekend.

•••
latest emails:

Thank you for contacting us.

It is very important for us to answer all your questions quickly and to your satisfaction.

It actually appears that your creditrelief.info is already pointing to your other provider's servers.

host -t ns creditrelief.info
creditrelief.info name server ns2.ecotees.org.
creditrelief.info name server ns1.ecotees.org.

It also shows up in WHOIS -> https://who.is/whois/creditrelief.info

Kindly check it again with your other hosting provider.

If you still need further assistance, we may be able to help you with a solution quicker by calling us at 1-816-621-4795.

Do you not understand? I do not want the domain to point to my VPS which is the name servers you just said. i want the domain to point to Blogger.com, how hard is that to understand???? I have already setup the name servers about a week ago to use 1&1 name servers so I could have the DNS use the Blogger ones and those have all been added. I have done all that exactly as instructed from Blogger.com and related tutorials but that is the problem, it is still pointing to my VPS. Now if you have problems understanding this after I have explained 2 times then you need to transfer this to someone in your organization with basic understanding of how DNS and name servers work, if there is anyone at 1and1 which I'm now doubting?. I look forward to this been resolved. For the record I was able to point 2 other domains with name.com and Rebel.com without any glitches, it was simply a smooth process but with 1 and 1 it looks like it will be struggle as expected to even get any of you there to even understand what I want.

•••
I checked again and all the name servers are serup exactly as Blogger.com says they need to be so I can allow my domain to be used at Blogger.

so sent them screenshots as below (I have penciled out some private details for this thread)

To 1and1
I have taken screenshots to show that the name servers are setup as specified by blogger so they should not be still pointing to my VPS: Do you understand now, what else do you need to understand?

1and11gif.gif
1and12x.jpg
1and13.gif
1and14.gif

•••
sent them screenshots of the blogger interface, I have been helping them now...

here is the blogger setting page screenshot, this is what I see when I try to add my domain name and this is not working even after 1 week as your system has a bug. My guess is that your system is not able to use your name servers after I had previously used my own. You need to ask your technical department to sort it out. As I have said I have doesn't this plenty of times with other registers but 1& is messed up.
the settings are (in text format as well}:
Name, Label or Host field Destination, Target or Points To field
www ghs.google.com
(my bogger code) l.dv.googlehosted.com
here are instructions from blogger: https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/58317

tutorials that explain the setup which I have followed exactly: https://www.google.com/search?q=1%261+to+blogger&oq=1%261+to+blogger&aqs=chrome..69i57.6631j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
https://www.google.com/search?q=1%261+to+blogger&oq=1%261+to+blogger&aqs=chrome..69i57.6631j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

there reply:

As we checked, you have successfully added the needed date in your DNS settings. However, it seems that (my bogger code).creditrelief.info is not resolving. Is it possible for you to asked for a new name and destination instead of dfzpdlk7gghw for verification?

My reply (gettig annoyed now as they are passing this to one rep to another as they finish shifts)

this is not the problem, it can't be changed, you get what is given by Google, they don't make custom ones. I generated it again and that is it.

Name, Label or Host field Destination, Target or Points To field
www ghs.google.com
(my bogger code).dv.googlehosted.com
It should be obvious to you that this domain in your system is messed up and your system has a serous flaw or bug. Why is it still pointing to my VPS anyway? the name servers are 1and 1, it has been using 1md1 name servers for about a week so something is seriously wrong there??? please get someone with advanced technical skills to sort this mess out.

IT SHOULD NOT BE POINTING TO MY VPS, if you do not understand that then you have no hope to fix this issue.

•••
We apologize for the inconvenience. We will be refreshing your domain so it will resolve to the correct DNS you have set up.
Next day
Hi, have you started this yet? I see the domain is still pointing to my
VPS at ecotees.org, until that stops then it will not work
You can reset the dns back to 1&1 if you wish to through your 1&1 Control Panel in your manage domains. If it is still not resolving and its more than 48 hours already, you may call us over the phone so that we can escalate your case to our domain admins team. Thank you.
This is absolutely ridiculous, I have never come across such an incapable bunch of people working for a domain registry in the 20 odd years I have been working with domains. This issue has been passed around from one person to another, Why has this not already been escalated to your domain admins team about 2 days ago? I have been pateintly waiting for you to sort this messs out but you lot are incable to even understand that the nameserveres are not even working for your comany and that is why they are still pointing to my VPS . I already tried to call you 2 days ago but could not get through so I requested a call back but I have been waiting now for about 2 or 3 days which is applaing. Please sculate this to your ceo or director or someone who is in charge instead of passing it around to one front line rep to another. Otherwise I will start finding out how to contact your CEO myself and let them know what a bunch of useless workers they have at 1and1.

•••
they finally sorted it out once they got an admin to fix the name servers to theirs so blogger would read it.

just keep in mind if you ever want to point your domain with 1&1 to another service like blogger and you previously used your own name servers then it will be one heck of a headache even if you change the name servers to use 1&1 like I did before you do anything.

•••
OK here is an update, as I said in my last email about a week ago I thought it was fixed as blogger now accpeted the domain name after their admin got back to me with this email:

We would like to inform you that the domain creditrelief.info is now pointing to the following servers:

IP: 74.208.215.132
mailserver:
mx00.1and1.com.
mx01.1and1.com.

name servers:
ns-us.1and1-dns.com.
ns-us.1and1-dns.org.
ns-us.1and1-dns.de.
ns-us.1and1-dns.us.

On your previous email, for you to authenticate the domain name, you will need to set up the following:

name: www.creditrelief.info
CNAME: ghs.google.com

name: (PRIVATE CODE REPLACED)..creditrelief.info
CNAME: (PRIVATE CODE REPLACED).dv.googlehosted.com

The subdomain www.creditrelief.info works and now generated the alias. However, we keep getting an error for this subdomain: (PRIVATE CODE REPLACED)..creditrelief.info. We found out that the alias (PRIVATE CODE REPLACED)..dv.googlehosted.com does not generate any IP address so this is not a valid alias. Please ask for a different alias for this subdomain for us to configure it correctly.

If you still need further assistance, I would suggest that you contact us by phone at 1-866-991-2631

My reply to them after I got that and then tried to enter my domain now into blogger and it worked was this:

Hi, it is accepted by blooger now as it was just waiting for the nameservers to be fixed as they were still pointing to my VPS. it seems to be working but I will give it time for it to resolve to my domain and see then. thanks

So I wait and it still does not work all this time, just goes to a dead page. What a bunch of idiots and this is their admin...

Now I see he messed with the IP so I decided to just add another domain and see what happens with that if I copy the same exact settings he has setup, that domain is eyecolor.info so I setup a blogger blog for that and I was able to add the domain to the account and it accpeted the settings. But then on looking at 1and 1 I see he has changed the IP and it should have been 216.239.32.21 but he changed it to 1and 1 IP. But there is also no option to add the other 3 IP's as innstructed by Blogger. All other registers I have used allow this EXCEPT 1 and 1.

So here is my last email to them and this has taken 2 weeks or more for these idiots to get this sorted out for me: I except them to work now I have changed the IP to the correct one but it still should allow the other 3 to be added so this is really dodgy:

Hi, this is still not working and to make it worse I have my other domain that I also copied the exact same settings you have on that domain "creditrelief.info" to this domain "eyecolor.info"

and as you can see they are both pointing to dead pages. Blogger has accepted the Name servers but the DNS with 1and 1 is totally messed up. The IPs should also be pointing to 216.239.32.21 and 216.239.34.21 and 216.239.36.21 and 216.239.38.21 as instructed by blogger but it looked like you totally ignored that and my domain has not even been working all this time. I setup my other domain today to see what would happen with that and this proves that your system is totally flawed and it looks like no one there has any idea what they are doing. I just hope this now works with the one IP changed but there is not option to add the other 3 IP's as instructed by blogger. Your system needs to be totally overhauled as it;s is way inferior to all other registers I have used for the exact same thing without any issues at all.

Honesty, it's appalling and a joke a service could be this bad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back