IT.COM

.info 1&1 .info Expirations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

billinchina

General BillEstablished Member
Impact
Just to make you aware...

If you registered 25 free .info names at 1and1.com and were planning on letting them expire, you need to cancel them from your account.

I spoke with someone on the phone and they told me that in their agreement, they renew all names in your account. You have to cancel them to avoid having them renewed.

Hope this prevents some surprises for others who have taken advantage of the free .info special about a year ago.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there's more...just cancelling may not be enough...you may have to fax them in order to stop the 1+1 hell.

•••
Thanks for the heads up. I believe this is true for other registrars as well so .info owners beware.

•••
That's true.. I mailed them my cancellation forms, cancelled online, and they still tried to charge my card! I don't have access to a fax... previously sending the forms by mail had been sufficient.

yoshiwara said:
there's more...just cancelling may not be enough...you may have to fax them in order to stop the 1+1 hell.

•••
sdsinc said:
Thanks for the heads up. I believe this is true for other registrars as well so .info owners beware.
My Domainsite names dropped witout a hitch... Same with a couple I had at Domain Discount. Don't think I've ever read anything good about 1&1...

•••
There's also no way to turn off auto-renew in your Domain Panel.. says something right there for their business methods.

Another caveat if you sign up with them.. if you ever post a credit card with them OR change your credit card, they will make a $6 test charge to your account... it comes back off in a few days but $6 (vs the $1 others do) is excessive.

•••
Thanks for the heads up, guys! Time to post this in my blog!

(hope you won't mind I quote you, billinchina. ;))

•••
Yea, there cancel process is ridicilous. Not a way to run a business, then again I keep using them :(.

•••
I hope it's not so difficult with my 24 free .infos at hostway..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back