IT.COM

.info Free .INFO Domain Names, $5.99 .COM Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
For those of you unaware with 1&1 Internet, they offer 5 FREE .info domain names per customer, and unlimited $5.99 domain names. No catch.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No catch except that it's 1and1.
Been there, done that, learnt my lesson and will never do it again.

Appreciate the thought though! :)

•••
HiPurple said:
For those of you unaware with 1&1 Internet, they offer 5 FREE .info domain names per customer, and unlimited $5.99 domain names. No catch.
The catch is that it is 1&1. I don't care if they had free unlimited everything, I wouldn't buy from them. (well if everything was free, maybe)

•••
david.amherst said:
The catch is that it is 1&1. I don't care if they had free unlimited everything, I wouldn't buy from them. (well if everything was free, maybe)

1&1 doesn't do "free".

Many people I know have been billed for no reason and overcharged in many other cases.

I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole ;)

•••
This .info thing occurred before with 1&1. Unfortunately, .info domains have little value and 1&1 is terrible.

•••
JYM said:
This .info thing occurred before with 1&1. Unfortunately, .info domains have little value and 1&1 is terrible.

.info's do have value, you just need to get them with good keywords etc, the same as any other extension. (except perhaps .com as nearly anything is brandable if developed via .com)

•••
Sabre said:
.info's do have value, you just need to get them with good keywords etc, the same as any other extension. (except perhaps .com as nearly anything is brandable if developed via .com)
Agreed and it's quite easy to get great .info names still, whereas with .com all the good stuff is gone.

Congrats on your 10k post Sabre! :)

•••
B33R said:
No catch except that it's 1and1.
Been there, done that, learnt my lesson and will never do it again.

Appreciate the thought though! :)

Wow, so much negativity about this company. I had no idea. That's good to know, thanks.

•••
•••
B33R said:
Agreed and it's quite easy to get great .info names still, whereas with .com all the good stuff is gone.

Congrats on your 10k post Sabre! :)

Cheers Ben, and very good point, however there are still some very brandable .com gems out there ;)

•••
i had bad experiences with 1&1

•••
•••
you can guarantee that 1+1 will make you pay at renewal time (just try and pull out) or charge you or block you transferring without paying, so if you have any ideas just regging them for some traffic pennies be warned! don't even think about it....1+1 are total rubbish and have a business model that smells like a cess-pit.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back