NameSilo

1&1 Don't Understand How to Restart Transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I guess I should have known as way back many years ago they were terrible to deal with but I read on here that they were now good. So I thought I could save and transfer my domains to them that were expiring at Godaddy for a cheap price. Unforitunatly I had forgotton one of my domains at Godaddy had privacy so the transfer got rejected. They sent an email to say that they had requested the domains by proxy email address approve the transfer.... so I asked them to send it to my email not domains by proxy... Now I have sent a number of emails asking for 1&1 to restart it but I get really stupid emails back like this and it's very annoying...

(Sorry there is no quote option on this forum I can see)

Transfer unsuccessful for the domain

Dear "Me",

The change of provider request, which you initiated for the domain

(mydomain)

has been declined by your current provider.

It is essential that you or the registrant/Admin-C confirm that the
domain has really been cancelled.

We will keep you posted on further developments. If need be, our transfer
team will contact you regarding this matter.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

You may also like to know that you can register your .com, .net, .org,
.info, .name and .us domains directly with the 1&1 Group. For more details
please go to
www.1and1.com.

Sincerely,

Your 1&1 Team

www.1and1.com

In the mean time my domain is now showing as deleted on Goaddy and goes to their domain servers. I also spoke to Godaddy to see if they would help but they said I have to get 1&1 to restart the transfer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They never changed, they're worst domain registrar and support is pathetic.

•••
They haven't gotten better at all, worse if anything. They have greatly upped their marketing, maybe that is making them seem better.

10 Steps of dealing with 1&1 support:

1. Contact support and ask them to help you.

2. wait for their worthless and useless reply.

3. - 9. Repeat #1. & #2.

10. Beat your head against something hard till it knocks you out so that you can stop pulling out hands full of your own hair because of the stress they cause.

Seriously though, if you can get a hold of them on the phone that will probably help to explain to them in simple easy steps exactly what you need them to do.

•••
1&1 You've got questions. Sorry but we can't help ®

•••
Transfer unsuccessful for the domain

Dear "Me",

We will keep you posted on further developments. If need be, our transfer
team will contact you regarding this matter.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

You may also like to know that you can register your .com, .net, .org,
.info, .name and .us domains directly with the 1&1 Group. For more details
please go to
www.1and1.com.

Sincerely,

Your 1&1 Team

www.1and1.com

Excited to hear that we can register our .name addresses directly with the 1&1 Group.

•••
I guess not much has changed... latest email I got from them, ready to beat my head against a wall...

Thank you for contacting us.

As we have further checked the domain name (mydomain), the domain transfer has been declined from the current provider of the domain name. May we ask you to contact the registrar of the domain name and asked for the status of the doamin name then make it doucble check as well to unlock the domain name.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,
Teofanis Balucan Jr.
Technical Support
1&1 Internet Inc.​

My reply I just sent:

Hi, I already spoke to Godaddy and they said I just need to ask you to restart the transfer. Surly you understand this, this is very basic domain name processes?

I also started a thread on the domain forums: https://www.namepros.com/threads/1-1-dont-understand-how-to-restart-transfer.861152/#post-4879192

please restart the damn transfer before I go mad.​

•••
I've found when dealing with1&1 that it's best to speak slowly and dumb down your words a bit more.

•••
Publish on twitter mentioning them. It worked for me.

•••
•••
well they finally sent the transfer link, I guess showing them this thread might of helped ;)

I'm not looking forward to transferring out when due...

•••
well they finally sent the transfer link, I guess showing them this thread might of helped ;)

I'm not looking forward to transferring out when due...

Congrats! You were able to solve it, it seemed hard to get things solved at 1and1.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back