Domain Empire

1&1 Domain Transfer question.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Rclancy

Established Member
Impact
Hey everybody,

I recently registered animecollectors.com at 1&1. I saw that in order to transfer the domain it has to be registered there for a minimum of 60 days. My question is does that include account changes in the event of a sale? Does anyone know of anyway around this? Any insight will be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Ryan.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You should be able to sell the domain and push it into the buyer's account at the same registrar without having any waiting period. The new owner will then have a 60 day waiting period before they can transfer the domain to another registrar.

A word of caution. Avoid registering a lot of domains at 1&1. It is a nightmare to manage a lot of domains using their horrible control panel. Plus their billing dept is a nightmare to deal with as well.

•••
Thank you Korganian, it was the first domain I registered with them. I just couldn't pass up their .99 offer to register a domain.

•••
That's what happened to me 7-8 years ago. Bought all these cheap domains. Now I'm trying to extricate my domains from their crappy system. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back