IT.COM

1&1 domain push on newly acquired domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

paddypaul

Established Member
Impact
Before those of you who love telling people not to use 1&1, I know, I know, I know.

There is a specific reason for using 1&1 which I don't want to bore you with so here's my question. And it's a question which I have asked 1&1 support but they did not seem 100% sure so I am hoping someone here has done what I am trying to do and can answer.

I am buying a domain name and it will be transferred into my 1&1 account. After the domain is within my account I then want to 'Push' the domain to another 1&1 account immediately or with a few days/week of me getting the domain.

I have done the above at GoDaddy with no problems but when I spoke with 1&1 support they said that even though I was Pushing the domain to 'another' 1&1 account (And not transferring it out to another Registrar.), it would still be subject to a 60-day lock, which is contrary to ,most other Registrars.

So, has anyone tried to do what I have done and been able to Push the domain to another 1&1 account straight after it arrived in their account? i.e. they did not have to wait for 60 days.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They can lift that lock if you request it.

•••
•••
You may also email their Transfer team: transfers AT 1and1.com

Last edited:
•••
Thanks so much for the replies. Greatly appreciated and why I love Namepros.

•••
For the record, in addition to my phone call to 1&1 about my query I also emailed them at 'transfer at 1and1' and I got the following reply today, which again suggests there is a 60-day lock and they cannot override it.

"There will be a 60 day lock. You will not be able to transfer the domain between customer IDs. The lock is an ICANN regulation and we do not override it."

'Promo', have you been successful in getting 1&1 to lift the 60 day lock so that you can move a domain from one account to another account?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Thanks Jurgen. I gave up on trying with 1&1 as I don't want to be educating their team on Icann regulations. Have reverted to Plan B.

•••
OK, I will inform them myself...

•••
Reply from 1and1:

There is no 60 day lock on transfer between customers at 1&1. You do need to remove the transfer lock from the domain before having the new owner initiate transfer.

So try...
Just unlock in your panel...

•••
p.s. I just did the internal transfer at 1and1 on 2nd day after registration.
+ 1 year has been added.
No any problems.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back