Dynadot

GoDaddy Auctions -- Discussion, Acquisitions, and Sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

I searched the forum and could not find a thread dedicated solely to Godaddy auctions, which seem to be heating up lately.

I envision this thread as a place for discussion regarding YOUR sales and acquisitions, and general discussion about the auction venue itself, and, perhaps, some domain oddities that are popping up on the auction site, for example, high-priced domains that should be regfee.

:)

One caveat, though: for your own good, PLEASE do not reveal your auction win (or anyone else's, for that matter) until the domain has landed in your account because the original owner still has the option to renew it, and I know how vexing that can be. In other words, don't count your chickens until they're hatched.

On the other hand, if you're having second thoughts about your auction win, by all means tell us all about it.

I suppose that if an auction win is high profile, it's already out there, but, still...

Anyway, I'll start with three comments:

1. I won my first (and maybe last) intentional typo, and it's getting clicks (no $ so far, though): Forwx.com. I could not find a live TM on this term, but one never knows. I have mixed feelings about this one.

2. I accidentally clicked on a BIN that I didn't want (I wanted the one above it), but I decided to honor the bid anyway. Grrr..., so be careful before hitting the submit button. It's not in my account yet, so I can't really reveal it right now.

3. Currently, there's a weird .co domain at over $9,000, with three bidders duking it out. Again, I don't want to reveal what it is, but if you go to the most active auctions, it's number 1 (as of this posting).​

Mods, I hope this thread is okay.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
time to eat humble pie :) deleted because it contains misinformation only :)

Last edited:
•••

This may seem fantastic, but it's true. It's done all the time.

It's not possible because at first you need auth code to transfer domain, when domain is in "Recover Expired Domains" menu, you have no option to ask for it.

And second thing, all godaddy domains become "CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED" at the moment of expiration.

•••
It's not possible because at first you need auth code to transfer domain, when domain is in "Recover Expired Domains" menu, you have no option to ask for it.

And second thing, all godaddy domains become "CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED" at the moment of expiration.

You can go to "Recover Expired Domains" and unlock the domain and retrieve the AUTH code as well, then just submit the transfer like usual.

Brad

•••
You can go to "Recover Expired Domains" and unlock the domain and retrieve the AUTH code as well, then just submit the transfer like usual.

Brad

You can do the same thing at Namecheap but it's just a little more tricky. Dynadot is the easiest.. their interface is like magic. It just does everything easily.

•••

Brad

I just checked again and it seems that I was wrong.

Sorry for my mistake.

Btw. defaultuser about dynadot I'm sure that you can't transfer expired domain, after domain expire they change whois details and email.

•••
I just checked again and it seems that I was wrong.

Sorry for my mistake.

Btw. defaultuser about dynadot I'm sure that you can't transfer expired domain, after domain expire they change whois details and email.

That's right. My mistake. I had to email them and ask them to unlock it. Their interface sucks... lol :)

Thanks for the correction.

I was just thinking that at Dynadot you can just renew it without cost which is easier still.

•••
I was just thinking that at Dynadot you can just renew it without cost which is easier still.

Yes, this the best at dynadot, you have 30 days to renew domain :)

•••
Although I'm cutting the majority of my domains off, I picked up a win today. I'll post the domain & the reason I got it once it enters my account.

•••
•••

I've just had another won domain renewed, but I kind of felt that this one was not going to make it through hell week, so I'm not too upset. It seems to me that it does no good to whine; I now just approach every win as a possible acquisition.

I paid $XXX for it, so part of me was relieved, though I had a plan for it (SELL!).

The registrant evidently paid the redemption fee, so I will not add to his misery by posting it here.

•••

I picked up feedsite.com at GD auction; it was turned down for Sedo's monthly auction, but such is life.

It has been listed at Sedo, so will see what happens.

•••
My win just entered my account so here we go:

I've stepped back from domaining (that's a big reason why I resigned from mod). But I saw LazyIdiot.com on eBay. I have no plans for it but it looked fun & I paid $50+ for it. So it only seemed logical to take the plural. LazyIdiots.com was on GD auction & instead of risking someone regging it upon a drop, I just got it via auction. So now I have the pair & no plans for either of them. lol

•••
Recently picked up guaracha.net & indoortanning.org from closeouts.

•••

My-cloud.org has just landed in my account.

The hyphen made me pause, but this hyphenated term is regged in just about every major TLD.

4,400 exact Global GAKT and 1,300 Local GAKT (high competition).

For now, it's parked (and for sale).

If I don't sell it, I might eventually redirect it to one of my sites (depending on traffic).

•••
Here is a list of domains (excluding the ones I have already sold out and the ones that haven't yet landed in my account) I picked up on GoDaddy auction in the last 75 days:

JaipurProperties.com
Corme.com
BuyDesktopPC.com
Adelies.com
CanadianSeal.com
SpringBath.com
SuburbanBars.com
EuroHood.com
WeatherIraq.com
SoccerMusic.com
MemoryRecall.com
CarBlanket.com
RiseFM.com
PicnicTote.com
PelletMaker.com
NewsongMusic.com
RelTag.com
KidsPants.net
WhiteCleats.com
TennisPolos.com
LinuxCamera.com
GuyPoker.com
AviationBLVD.com
VoipCordless.com
Bhavishyafal.com
LinuxISCSI.com
BoulderSki.com
Dahuk.com
Hymnody.com
SuttonQC.com
Merlinite.com
Kalifas.com
DadsHome.com
ToeUp.com
SpikeyHair.com
RamChips.com
BeerBath.com
AcidMantle.com
Academism.com
PrenomGarcon.com
Bebi.org
SoftwarePack.com
NRouter.com
NRouters.com
IDMessenger.com
Mazu.net
BestCatches.com
AjaxLogo.com
FaxToWeb.com
FlowersFreeDelivery.com
HtmlEmailForm.com
TinyThongs.com
BumpsOnTongue.com
ArkLinux.com
HDLCDProjector.com
Career-Advice.com
NegAm.com
NurseManager.org
HD1080p.com
SideQuests.com
Utilizo.com
DrySkinAcne.com
GreenScreenLighting.com

Last edited:
•••
A few of these look good... the other 85%, I dunno why you picked up. But surely you have a reason :p

Here is a list of domains (excluding the ones I have already sold out and the ones that haven't yet landed in my account) I picked up on GoDaddy auction in the last 75 days:

JaipurProperties.com
Corme.com
BuyDesktopPC.com
Adelies.com
CanadianSeal.com
SpringBath.com
SuburbanBars.com
EuroHood.com
WeatherIraq.com
SoccerMusic.com
MemoryRecall.com
CarBlanket.com
RiseFM.com
PicnicTote.com
PelletMaker.com
NewsongMusic.com
RelTag.com
KidsPants.net
WhiteCleats.com
TennisPolos.com
LinuxCamera.com
GuyPoker.com
AviationBLVD.com
VoipCordless.com
Bhavishyafal.com
LinuxISCSI.com
BoulderSki.com
Dahuk.com
Hymnody.com
SuttonQC.com
Merlinite.com
Kalifas.com
DadsHome.com
ToeUp.com
SpikeyHair.com
RamChips.com
BeerBath.com
AcidMantle.com
Academism.com
PrenomGarcon.com
Bebi.org
SoftwarePack.com
NRouter.com
NRouters.com
IDMessenger.com
Mazu.net
BestCatches.com
AjaxLogo.com
FaxToWeb.com
FlowersFreeDelivery.com
HtmlEmailForm.com
TinyThongs.com
BumpsOnTongue.com
ArkLinux.com
HDLCDProjector.com
Career-Advice.com
NegAm.com
NurseManager.org
HD1080p.com
SideQuests.com
Utilizo.com
DrySkinAcne.com
GreenScreenLighting.com

•••
A few of these look good... the other 85%, I dunno why you picked up. But surely you have a reason :p

Thanks for commenting, Archangel!

Can you please tell me which 15% you feel look good (and why)?

G B

•••
BuyDesktopPC.com
CanadianSeal.com
WeatherIraq.com
RiseFM.com
TennisPolos.com
GuyPoker.com
DadsHome.com
SpikeyHair.com
NRouters.com
BestCatches.com
TinyThongs.com
Career-Advice.com
HD1080p.com
SideQuests.com
DrySkinAcne.com
GreenScreenLighting.com

These are the ones I like the most. The others either didn't make sense or they need to be developed a little (though so do some of those above).
Tinythongs.com sounds cuter that it should lol.

•••
These are the ones I like the most. The others either didn't make sense or they need to be developed a little (though so do some of those above).
Tinythongs.com sounds cuter that it should lol.

Thanks for your comments, JustMeDude!

I highly appreciate it.

And yes, Tinythongs.com sounds cuter to me too than it should lol.

G B

•••
Nothing there looks much good to me. I think you should do more reading about domaining before buying any more. (assuming you are not developing).

•••
Thanks for your comment, stub!

G B

•••
•••

JaipurProperties.com
Corme.com
BuyDesktopPC.com
Adelies.com
CanadianSeal.com
SpringBath.com
SuburbanBars.com
EuroHood.com
WeatherIraq.com
SoccerMusic.com
MemoryRecall.com
CarBlanket.com
RiseFM.com
PicnicTote.com
PelletMaker.com
NewsongMusic.com
RelTag.com
KidsPants.net
WhiteCleats.com
TennisPolos.com
LinuxCamera.com
GuyPoker.com
AviationBLVD.com
VoipCordless.com
Bhavishyafal.com
LinuxISCSI.com
BoulderSki.com
Dahuk.com
Hymnody.com
SuttonQC.com
Merlinite.com
Kalifas.com
DadsHome.com
ToeUp.com
SpikeyHair.com
RamChips.com
BeerBath.com
AcidMantle.com
Academism.com
PrenomGarcon.com
Bebi.org
SoftwarePack.com
NRouter.com
NRouters.com
IDMessenger.com
Mazu.net
BestCatches.com
AjaxLogo.com
FaxToWeb.com
FlowersFreeDelivery.com
HtmlEmailForm.com
TinyThongs.com
BumpsOnTongue.com
ArkLinux.com
HDLCDProjector.com
Career-Advice.com
NegAm.com
NurseManager.org
HD1080p.com
SideQuests.com
Utilizo.com
DrySkinAcne.com
GreenScreenLighting.com

Don't be a domain collector. Before you buy a domain have a clear plan how you're going to use it. Otherwise you'd be out of money by 1000's before you know it.

•••
Don't be a domain collector. Before you buy a domain have a clear plan how you're going to use it. Otherwise you'd be out of money by 1000's before you know it.

Thanks for your genuine advice, ibidu!

I do have my plans and I am working on them.:)

Thanks again!

G B

•••
Thanks for your genuine advice, ibidu!

I do have my plans and I am working on them.:)

Thanks again!

G B

I'd be very happy to know that your plans have worked, so post it here when they have so we can share your happiness with you :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back