Domain Empire

$1,000,000 HomePage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Incredible.... what a great play.

Click Me

Gotta love it when someone gets caught thinking.
Peace, kp

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Click the Donate link by somebody's NameBucks amount.

•••
This is a nice concept, the guy deserves every penny earned through those million pixels. :tu:

•••
When I have visited this site two days ago, where was ~2500 pixels sold. Now it's 8000. he's doing well.

•••
•••
Ya, I really love his idea! It's really cool and original. However, I have this pretty strong feeling that someone is going to copy him, do the EXACT same thing except something like $10 per 10x10 square. I just know it. Then, everyone's gonna switch to the other million dollar page :)

•••
Why would they pay more? O.o

•••
$10 is less than $100, Matt ;)

•••
Bought my square, 99 squares along on the top row! Will be a nice round soccer ball. :sold:

What are the odds on some mega multi million dollar corporation (erm...Microsoft?) coming in and attempting to buy all the remaining squares to create one large advert? I do not think he would allow it as it would devalue the concept, but i bet it will not stop them trying.

Have just sent the guy an e-mail congratulating him, awesome idea, a genuine modern day entrepreneur.

Last edited:
•••
•••
domaino said:
I do not think he would allow it as it would devalue the concept, but i bet it will not stop them trying.

Are you kidding?? For a million bucks overnight? I would sell without a blink, and share a good chunk of the proceeds with the few little advertisers so far. And, start a new one giving free spots to the current advertisers.

•••
•••
•••
Great website.. Great idea! I guess if you think long enough anything is possible.

Then again if I thought of this I wouldn't think it would become popular unless there was at least "minimal" traffic.

How did this website get so much traffic in it's short time being active? I'm guessing the press helped it a lot, since Search Engines wouldn't crawl this that fast.

-JJ-

•••
slantednet said:
Why did the "get namepros on the milliondollarhomepage" thread get locked down?

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?p=806215

I want my NP$$ back if this isn't going through...

I'll ask -RJ-...I told him I was doing this, so it shouldn't be a problem. Don't worry, if for some reason it is a problem, I'll refund everyone's NP$

•••
•••
azt: you have news about the other topic closed ?

•••
diddie said:
azt: you have news about the other topic closed ?

Not yet. I PM'ed -RJ-, and I'm sure he gets at least 1000 pm's a day, so hopefully he gets around to mine.

I'll keep everyone posted.

•••
•••
Ok, the thread has been reopened. :) (The link is in my sig)

•••
Just a FYI: I'm getting like 1500 hits a day on this. Nice!

•••
Gene said:
Just a FYI: I'm getting like 1500 hits a day on this. Nice!

I have the perfect idea for a graphic...one that will get clicks even when the site is full.

Someone wants one of my names for $100, so if that goes through, I'm definitely buying a link.

•••
•••
Fewski said:
Didn't take to long for someone to steal the idea:

http://themilliondollarsite.com/

:(

Just one of many. At least their copyright notice makes sense:

The Million Dollar Site © 2005, TheMillionDollarSite.com © 2005 Joseph Sikes. All rights reserved. I nor any site affiliate is responsible for the content of external sites. Images featured on homepage are © of their respective owners.

•••
microdude431 said:
Hows the traffic now Gene?

It has slowed down big time. I'm getting around 100 hits a day instead of 1500, but I'd say that's still a good deal. Especially considering it's a 5 year link. Of course, the more filled up the page becomes, the fewer hits I'll get. It'll be interesting to see what Alex does to remedy this -- I think he'll have to do something soon if he wants new advertisers. Then again, he's already made $65,000 in less than a month so he may not particularly care! :)

•••
Gene said:
It has slowed down big time. I'm getting around 100 hits a day instead of 1500, but I'd say that's still a good deal. Especially considering it's a 5 year link. Of course, the more filled up the page becomes, the fewer hits I'll get. It'll be interesting to see what Alex does to remedy this -- I think he'll have to do something soon if he wants new advertisers. Then again, he's already made $65,000 in less than a month so he may not particularly care! :)

It would be interesting. It would be hard to make this easier, since there are so many boxes on the page. Even the Million Dollar Webpage has around 1000.00 worth of boxes sold, so anyone making these pages can make money.

-JJ-

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back