NameSilo

$1,000,000 HomePage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Incredible.... what a great play.

Click Me

Gotta love it when someone gets caught thinking.
Peace, kp

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That script does not look like a good value. If you visit the homepage of that site it takes forever to load because of the way it was created.

I would just forget the scripts and run it manually. Create a giant grid image and add your advertisers to it as you get them. Use an HTML imagemap. Once you get some money from advertisers you can always decide to have a script created.

•••
Sorry. Thought you haven't seen the URL. No I know nothing about this hysteria. :)

•••
That's an idea too. Guess I'm too used to having things automated.

-RJ- said:
That script does not look like a good value. If you visit the homepage of that site it takes forever to load because of the way it was created.

I would just forget the scripts and run it manually. Create a giant grid image and add your advertisers to it as you get them. Use an HTML imagemap. Once you get some money from advertisers you can always decide to have a script created.

Jim_Westergren said:
Sorry. Thought you haven't seen the URL. No I know nothing about this hysteria. :)
No worries, I appreciate the help.

•••
Not sure how the script is supposed to work but I see some people's squares creeping over other people's squares. Look at the top row of the FREE FREE FREE banner.

Lyte

•••
I actually want to make a script like this. It's finally given me some inspiration to learn php. I know it's quite a task to take on for my first project, but if I don't aim high, I'll just be making a ton more hello worlds (I've done sooo many!)

I have a ton of ideas that I hope I can implement before the idea dies down. I know some think no other pages will be as popular as the mdhp, but I think some of the ideas I've come up with would be beneficial to anyone looking to use this "new" form of advertising.

Now if I can only get some time. How many NP$ would an extra hour added to every day cost, RJ?

•••
talk about a get rich quick scheme

•••
azt said:
Now if I can only get some time. How many NP$ would an extra hour added to every day cost, RJ?
Whatever the cost, put me down for at least 4 extra hours. :hehe:

•••
Lyte said:
Not sure how the script is supposed to work but I see some people's squares creeping over other people's squares. Look at the top row of the FREE FREE FREE banner.

Lyte

That's neat... actually, the top row "F" is a link to a different site (the guy probably bought it and placed it like that intentionally) then the rest of the ads on the top row are just different...

I don't think he's running off a script... I thought I read somewhere it was just one big image with a map.

•••
martialtiger said:
But diddie said that the guy was a fake. Have you had any experience with the script being sold?
havent said it was fake, but a copy cat, and in addition the owner is trying to make people beleive he was on that before the million $ homepage, but the original is the million dollar homepage

•••
•••
•••
What happened to the milliondollarhomepage.com? It looks like its been taken over by a parking page!!

•••
Hehe, good idea.. build up the traffic, then park it..

EDIT: working for me tho.

-RJ- said:
What happened to the milliondollarhomepage.com? It looks like its been taken over by a parking page!!

•••
-RJ- said:
Working for me.

•••
•••
•••
Wow, great typo :D
Well... happens to me too ;)

•••
You know what we should do? We should share and buy a huge spot, then write a script to rotate the links and rent the spot out on a weekly basis :)

•••
tolkein said:
You know what we should do? We should share and buy a huge spot, then write a script to rotate the links and rent the spot out on a weekly basis :)

I wonder how long the site will actually get that much traffic though. I mean, if all of the spots get filled, no one's gonna want to visit anymore to see how many spots he's sold, or what new crazy graphics there are.

•••
azt said:
I wonder how long the site will actually get that much traffic though. I mean, if all of the spots get filled, no one's gonna want to visit anymore to see how many spots he's sold, or what new crazy graphics there are.
yah i know, i dont know why hes expecting to get traffic for 5 years, i predict he wont get that much traffic daily by december.the traffics gunna die down cuz who would want to see a site with a bunch of images, basically its a link farm

•••
Hmm. Milliondollarhomepage.com is now showing that his bandwidth limit has been exceeded.

I'm sure he could afford a dedicated server and an unmetered port at this point..

Stephen

•••
Thats a great idea. Why didnt I think of that?

•••
•••
•••
adiboy, you realise you will probably never make one sale?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back