NameSilo

$1,000,000 HomePage

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Incredible.... what a great play.

Click Me

Gotta love it when someone gets caught thinking.
Peace, kp

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By the time i posted he sold 100 pixels more !

Yalaa ! money making machine !!

•••
A long time ago, when I was 13, I wanted to make a site that just had a bunch of green dots that were links. The green dots would be free, so that I could get people to pay for red dots which would stick out more. I wanted to call it CLINKS, a cross between Click And Links.

Now, of course, if I wanted to do that, I'd be a copy cat. Still, it makes me feel like maybe my ideas aren't that crazy afterall.

•••
Absofrigginlutely brilliant!!! I know y'all won't believe it, but I have a very similar idea I've been working on for a while... this has just inspired me to kick it into high gear!!!

I can't get over the genius of this concept! :gl:

•••
azt said:
it makes me feel like maybe my ideas aren't that crazy afterall.

No ideas are crazy - you're only crazy if you don't pursue your ideas and bring them to life. :)

•••
That is truly a "million dollar" idea... :lol:

•••
LOL very nice idea had to go and reg BuyAPixel.com

•••
Awesome thinking and strategy, IMHO. Just goes to show that you've gotta' take a risk; a business can only be successful if you take risks, IMHO. He took the chance of registering a domain and seeing if this unique idea would flourish; it did :tu: !

True_Snake

•••
So has anyone here bought any pixels?

•••
I really want to buy a square, but I wonder how long this site will get traffic. I mean, it's an awesome idea, but I don't think it's one I, as an individual, would want to invest 100 dollars in. I see someone paid enough to put POKER and link to their affiliate site. I wonder if that investment will pay out.

Anyone wanna go in on buying a square for NP? I'll donate $10. If anyone else wants to donate, PM me or send NP$ and I'll convert them to $$. If I don't get enough in the end, I'll refund everything.

•••
deet said:
So has anyone here bought any pixels?

I just purchased my 10x10 spot :) It will be 50 across and 25 down. This should be interesting!

•••
what do you think the profit would be if someone where to open another site like this or do you think its because of the uniqueness of it?

•••
ForumBay.com said:
what do you think the profit would be if someone where to open another site like this or do you think its because of the uniqueness of it?

It's definitely the uniqueness of it, AND he's apparently driving a LOT of traffic to the site. The combination makes it worth the $100, where a new copycat site would not have that value.

•••
..also he doesnt have much of a "risk" in this does he?
I mean REG fee for the domain (I assume he reg'd it)
and what for the design? not much at all, very simple and straight forward.
the coding etc...as well.

So not much invested...
WOW

•••
what you also have to ask yoruself is - when all pixels are sold, what are the odds of someone clicking YOUR pixels? :) It'll be so crowded it will be like playing wheel of fortune he he...

•••
TheOwner said:
..also he doesnt have much of a "risk" in this does he?
I mean REG fee for the domain (I assume he reg'd it)
and what for the design? not much at all, very simple and straight forward.
the coding etc...as well.

So not much invested...
WOW

He mentioned that he's moved the site to a dedicated server so that should cost him a bit.

•••
The audiance and buyers are gonna decrease when page is gonna be more filled up

•••
•••
•••
azt said:
Anyone wanna go in on buying a square for NP? I'll donate $10. If anyone else wants to donate, PM me or send NP$ and I'll convert them to $$. If I don't get enough in the end, I'll refund everything.

$NP sent!

•••
robertjr said:
$NP sent!

Sweet! I might have to start a seperate thread for this.

Total Donations So Far: $20
Needed: $80

I'll cover all of the pp fees for converting from np$ to paypal.

Where should we put the link? I'm thinking by the button in the upper right hand side. More people clicking in that area for email updates!

•••
Why don' put it as sticky and ask people to give $NP and even buy a 20x20 square ??

•••
diddie said:
Why don' put it as sticky and ask people to give $NP and even buy a 20x20 square ??

I dunno...stickies cost 850 NP$ which could go a long way to getting a square. We'll see.

-RJ- says he can set up a tracking link and even set it up so it rotates the referral links of everyone who donates. (thanks for the suggestion Robertjr)

I'll set up the new thread tonight when the majority of the members are home.

•••
that would be great, tell us when you have more details

•••
It's really gotta be close to worth putting an independent site up for the traffic it drives. Some of those links traffic has been insane since they joined. You could make $100 back by selling banners on your site in the crazy traffic spell.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back