Domain Empire

ZL.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
ZL.com is now at Namejet auction.

Amazing drop by the former owner (a Swiss company). But I thought all LL.coms that expired were to be taken back by ICANN?

I wonder if the winning bidder - already at 22,000 with almost three days to go - risks ICANN threatening to take it back.

Have there been any LL.com drops before?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a bit low for a 2 Letter .com. My Fathers would be interested in that. His name is Zelman Lew

•••
where is the auction? i cant find it

•••
Technically it's not dropping, since NameJet auctions "pre-release" domains before they actually expire. That's why they keep the original registration date in the whois.

This could go low since there's no intelligence behind the sale.

•••
ran_doank said:
where is the auction? i cant find it

It's only available to those who pre-ordered it. About 126 people I think.

•••
euroflash said:
ZL.com is now at Namejet auction.
But I thought all LL.coms that expired were to be taken back by ICANN?

I though so too, can someone please explain this?

•••
The domain was to delete at Netsol -- instead they will basically just renew the domain as if the customer had renewed it and give it to the new owner as if the domain had been deleted and successfully backordered. The domain won't actually delete (eg. it will keep it's domain age) so it won't have to go to ICANN.

ssamriga said:
I though so too, can someone please explain this?

•••
www.LLLL.com said:
The domain was to delete at Netsol -- instead they will basically just renew the domain as if the customer had renewed it and give it to the new owner as if the domain had been deleted and successfully backordered. The domain won't actually delete (eg. it will keep it's domain age) so it won't have to go to ICANN.

This is how the rich (registrars) keep on getting richer..

•••
It's at more than $40,000 now. One more day to go...

•••
www.LLLL.com said:
ICANN allow this? So there is basically no chance for anyone to ever catch a good dropping domain because it will never actually drop?

•••
I haven't read ICANN's registrar contracts close enough to comment on whether it's allowed or not, however ICANN hasn't taken any action against those doing this.

Unless a domain is registered at a very obscure registrar which doesn't have a contract in place with Snapnames, Namejet, or Pool, you're correct -- it won't drop.

Mind you, not much a chance of beating the former three even if it did drop.

d3N said:
ICANN allow this? So there is basically no chance for anyone to ever catch a good dropping domain because it will never actually drop?

•••
I was thinking about bidding on it, $45K a good price.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back