Dynadot

ZL.COM sold at $45,100 only on Namejet yesterday

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yes, it ZL.COM, a real LL.COM domain

Total 124 domainers backordered it included me. I though it will go to $10K at least but I don't have that cash in hand so I don't put another bid after my initial $99 bid

The auction was closed yesterday

The auction close at a very low, unbelievable price!

US $45,100

It is a easy $100K domain if list it on Sedo, or Pool....
I should raise my bid at $50k or so if I relized the auction would be closed at such a low price, that is a steal.....

I am regeret thay I didn't waiting for the end of this Auction... Damm that all drop auctions end at 4:00 AM my local time

Wish the winner would not pay for it, then namejet can relist for a new auction

What do you guys think about this? The winter for domaining is coming because of Economy Crisis?

The url to the auction is here, not sure you can visit it or not if you are not in the backordered list

http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/StandardDetails.aspx?auctionid=3044079

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
vEEEEERY CHEAP - A sign of the times!

•••
NameLinker said:
It is a easy $100K domain if list it on Sedo, or Pool....
I should raise my bid at $50k or so if I relized the auction would be closed at such a low price, that is a steal.....

I very much doubt it. Wouldn't see this price as a steal myself, high quality 2 letter having been going under 100k. This sale simply respresnets the reality of the market.

NameLinker said:

Hang about. You just said your bid was $99 and that you thought it would at least get $10,000?

•••
Have to agree with snoop on this one, I don't see it as a steal based on the current market. I've seen premium ones going for $70k - $80k, and Z really hurts the acronym potential (only 10 registered ones on AcronymFinder). I've seen better end user potential on mid-grade LLL.com.

•••
No way this would hit 100k on Sedo -- probably wouldn't hit above 60k in this market and then keep in mind the 10%/6k commission they'd take. A bit low imho but not all that low considering it's a reseller buying it. I wouldn't splurge that kind of money on a domain like this when there's so much uncertainty in the market..

Michael said:
Have to agree with snoop on this one, I don't see it as a steal based on the current market. I've seen premium ones going for $70k - $80k, and Z really hurts the acronym potential (only 10 registered ones on AcronymFinder). I've seen better end user potential on mid-grade LLL.com.
Agree, certainly more acronyms from most triple premium LLL.coms.

•••
Sincerey, I don't see any LL.COM sold lower than $90K in 2008. Could someone give me any link for confirmed report?

LL.com's sales trends is very import for me to evaluate the oveall short domains market . thx

•••
$45,100 = 225 Quad Premium LLLL.com's for Reece, Mr LLLL.com :)

•••
Fantastic domain, really cheap, who is the lucky one?

•••
I would think this is a good price.

•••
When it comes to short domains I am not sure why LL.com are priced so much higher than LLL.com in general. The average solid LL.com still seems to sell for over $100K.

Sure they are extremely rare and collectible, but most end users need acronyms longer than Two Letters in the first place.

•••
bmugford said:
When it comes to short domains I am not sure why LL.com are priced so much higher than LLL.com in general. The average solid LL.com still seems to sell for over $100K.

Sure they are extremely rare and collectible, but most end users need acronyms longer than Two Letters in the first place.
I completely agree, LLL is probably the best scenario for company acronyms.

Aside from that, really what the heck would ZL.com be? I wouldn't pay a penny over $10k for this domain name. That is just my personal opinion though.

•••
That's just it.

I can't even come up with a meaningful acronym off the top of my head without resorting to using acronym software...

Chef Patrick said:
Aside from that, really what the heck would ZL.com be? I wouldn't pay a penny over $10k for this domain name. That is just my personal opinion though.

•••
Chef Patrick said:
I completely agree, LLL is probably the best scenario for company acronyms.

You wouldn't pay over 10k for a name that can be auctioned for 45k?

Regarding what it can be, it is mainly a speculative/collectors type name I think. I don't think it needs to mean anything to have great value.

•••
Limited number of applications but still a fair buy- here are some.

Acronym Definition
ZL Zloty (currency of Republic of Poland)
ZL Freezing Drizzle (Weather Symbol)
ZL Zero Line
ZL Zone Leader (LDS church)
ZL Zalau (Romania car registration numbers)
ZL Zone Line (gaming, Everquest)
ZL Zeptoliter (10 E^-21, one sextillionth)
ZL Zeroth Law (website)
ZL Zettaliter (10 E^21, one sextillion liters)
ZL Zichrono Livracha (Hebrew: Of Blessed Memory)

•••
Even an acronym software doesn't provide much.

Zloty (currency of Republic of Poland)
Freezing Drizzle (Weather Symbol)
Zero Line
Zalau (Romania car registration numbers)
Zone Leader (LDS church)
Zone Line (gaming, Everquest)
Zeroth Law (website)
Zeptoliter (10 E^-21, one sextillionth)
Zettaliter (10 E^21, one sextillion liters)
Zichrono Livracha (Hebrew: Of Blessed Memory)

www.LLLL.com said:
That's just it.

I can't even come up with a meaningful acronym off the top of my head without resorting to using acronym software...

•••
you could do a word play "zell" .. like "sell"

seems like a good deal for the buyer. maybe we will see another value when/if they flip it tomorrow...

hmm- also zillow could shorten their name...

•••
•••
wot said:
Acronym Definition
ZL Zloty (currency of Republic of Poland)
ZL Freezing Drizzle (Weather Symbol)
ZL Zero Line
ZL Zone Leader (LDS church)
ZL Zalau (Romania car registration numbers)
ZL Zone Line (gaming, Everquest)
ZL Zeptoliter (10 E^-21, one sextillionth)
ZL Zeroth Law (website)
ZL Zettaliter (10 E^21, one sextillion liters)
ZL Zichrono Livracha (Hebrew: Of Blessed Memory)

You beat me to it!

•••
bmugford said:
You beat me to it!

You should be ashamed, beaten by a man of my great age- still life in the old dog :lol:

•••
what a steal for the buyer

•••
If you think Z in English way only, yes, there are rare meanings stand for, but please try to think more global, Z is a popular letter in Chinese pinying.
Zhong is a pinyin of "中" which means center or central in Chinese, Zhoung Gou is pingyin of China(central nation).
And Chinese is very happy to buy 2 letter or char .com if there is any chance.
qb.com just bought by a Chinese member here few days ago.
www.zj.com is a big website in Chinese.

•••
Amazing, If I had the cash I would have been tempted myself!

•••
I think it is a good buy if the buyer has the possibility to wait for the market to go up again, in a few years I think LL.coms will be at 100k minimum again...

•••
DropLister said:

:great: Thanks for you provide me this link ;)

And I thnk only evaluate a value of domain by the number of Acronym is wrong. Even ZL doesn't stands for any Acronym, a LL.COM domain is brandable itself, and that's value more than $1K

Another senario is that all of you think about how many Acronym it is in English, but forget that ZL may mean more in other lauguage. I can not give your example on what ZL is in other launguage I don't know, but there are some great Acronym ZL stands for in Chinese (I am from China):

ZL is the 1st Character of these Chinese PinYin:
Chinese Character -- Chinese PinYin -- English
专利 -- Zhuang Li -- Patent
质量 -- Zhi Liang -- Quality
治疗 -- Zhi Liao -- Treatment
展览 -- Zhan Lan -- Exhibition
租赁 -- Zu Lin -- Rent
肿瘤 -- Zhong Liu -- Cancer

I just listed some great meanings in Chinese here, and it stands for many more. And I think the same for a LL.com domain in other lauguages.

If you are interested more in this senario, you may search "Chinese Pinyin Domains" on Google. it give us more intresting information.

I am sure this domain is value more than $45,100 for domainers from any country, and it is worthy of $100K in my view

I am glad to see that yesonline also pointed out the same while I was posting the reply :laugh:

Edited to add this
Julian

Last edited:
•••
If it was worth 100k in this economy, it would have sold for 100k or near that -- it didn't. Honestly, I think bad LL.coms like this are heavily overrated.

I'd much rather have a nice triple repeat LLL.com like FFF which Snoop sold earlier this year if I wanted to spend 50k+ on a collectible. At least something like that has both many acronyms and received traffic -- can't really say either of those for this one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back