NameSilo

Zero Click

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

SpareDomains

JayTop Member
Impact
4,193
Curious how you guys feel about zero click?

This is where your domain automatically gets forwarded to a relevant advertisers site without showing your parking page.

Personally I think it's cool if your goal is parking income but I don't think it's cool that parking companies automatically opt your domains into this as if your goal is a domain sale they will never see your sales link when the url gets automatically directed to an advertisers site direct.

I just emailed 2 parking companies to ask if they can turn this off on my accounts. Should be opt in in my opinion not automatically redirect everyone's domains direct to advertisers so their sales banners show less especially since I have always made more from domain sales than parking income.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Because no any content on those domains... they just redirect visitors to various Advertisers... so no legit reasons for Google to blacklist your domains.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Because no any content on those domains... they just redirect visitors to various Advertisers... so no legit reasons for Google to blacklist them.

The domain was blacklisted before I regged...didn't do any checking like I should have! It was one of those 'too good to be true' names so I jumped on it and didn't bother doing anything with it until too much time had passed to get refund. ggle is the only engine that has a problem with so I still get traffic through the others.
 
0
•••
It could be blacklisted due to various reasons... for ex. - a click fraud by previous owner... the most popular reason.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Any suggestions how to get it reversed? I've tried but may not have gone about it the wrong way.
 
0
•••
Last edited:
1
•••
This Ad-ban has no any impact on the indexing and displaying of your domain in SERP...
It only prevents monetization via Google Ads (PPC)...
 
0
•••
If your domain was blacklisted to be indexed and shown in SERP (another kind of ban) - you may request via Google Webmasters to remove it...
 
Last edited:
1
•••
It is actually worse than ad ban...it pulls that big red 'dangerous' warning when it is typed in...nobody else (browser) has a problem. Its not a great name, but hate to have it kicked to the curb this way!
 
1
•••
0
•••
1
•••
Sorry to hijack your thread OP. Does anyone else experience wild fluctuations on RPM value on zero click?

For example, one domain I own was doing about a buck a day with $15 RPM, it won't pay my bills but it was covering renewals for 40 names about 15% of my portfolio.

The same name on Bodis this year is being paid $1.50 :coffee:. I moved the name to PC and while there is some improvement, it's hovering around $2-$5 RPM.

I'm about to test out domain sponsor but at these rates I'm better off creating a lander with cpa/affiliate offers.
 
0
•••
On the flip side, we are running ads on zero click. Anyway to know where the ads are being served from?
 
0
•••
Avg. RPM ~$5 for medium-quality traffic is normal via ZeroClick...
 
0
•••
RPM depends on: from which countries your visitors + the domain itself (keyword.TLD).
 
0
•••
If mainly Asian (except Japan) or Latin traffic - then your RPM will be low or even very low...
 
0
•••
I'm aware of how zero click works and how rates vary from country to country, all traffic is from one country, nothing has changed, the RPM went from $15 to $1.20 on Bodis.

On PC it has varied anywhere from $2.50 - $12.50. It's from a top tier country. Like I said, wild fluctuations even though there has been no change in the quality of traffic.
 
0
•••
It works like Google CPC... the same model...
Advertisers are bidding on keywords and countries...
If less advertisers during certain month - then RPM will be lower...
 
1
•••
Also advertisers are able to ban the domains if they don't convert for them...
Leads to lower RPM as well...
 
Last edited:
0
•••
+ if traffic is coming via iFrame - then RPM will be ~$0 or slightly higher...
Regardless of country.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I don't see wild fluctuations on my domains at PC...
Avg. RPM is ~stable for me more than a year already...
Only in 2nd half of December'2016 it was significantly higher than usually...
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back