Domain Empire

Your missed catch of the day

NameSilo
Watch

mralien

Established Member
Impact
:'(

We have "Reg. of the day" and "Sale of the day".
But I couldn't find anything on missed catches of the day...

Well... I will start - I was aiming codeXo.com deleted today. SnapNames killed me.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could get it with the help of any software, or bidding at major places, namejet, snapnames etc.

•••
I couldn't get it with software. And it was not that interesting to be willing to spend on "major places" :)

•••
Would the owner renewing a domain hours before an expired domain auction ended count as a missed caught domain?

If so, Sleepful.com

•••
BrandChimp.com :'(
I waited for too long to get a better price on Name.com. Stupid me. Next time I'll be wiser :)

Last edited:
•••
Somebody renewed HomeWatch.net :(

I thought these keywords were fitting for the .net extension.

•••
There should be a missed reg of the day thread... Beeroo and Farion (both in coms) were on my list, waiting for a promo, then someone registered them! D-::'(

•••
•••
JavaGold miss edit in the last minute on a gd auction

•••
I waited for too long to get a better price on Name.com. Stupid me. Next time I'll be wiser :)

I understand how you're feeling.
I've done the same thing too many time.
I've learned my lesson and got BrandChimp .com :)

I just sold hqbrands .com

I was looking for this kind of name for months. I couldn't resist.

•••
I understand how you're feeling.
I've done the same thing too many time.
I've learned my lesson and got BrandChimp .com :)

I just sold hqbrands .com

I was looking for this kind of name for months. I couldn't resist.

At least the domain got in good hands :)

•••
At least the domain got in good hands :)

Quite noble of you to say that. You rarely hear something like that among domainers. :D

•••
P/i/q/q/a.com

Since nobody bid on the domain during GoDaddy Expired Auction, I thought I could save $1 and pick this up at GoDaddy CloseOut Auction rather than the Expired Auction. Somebody bid the minimum within 30 seconds of the domain reaching CloseOut status. Lesson Learned: Snipers can get sniped when they're naive enough to think they're the only sniper paying attention.

For peace of mind, I hope the original owner renews the domain, confirming that even if I bid in time, I wouldn't have got it.

•••
DropCatch / HugeDomains beat me to Q/o/d/e/a.com today.

•••
Don't monkey around.

•••
•••
•••
@dily you were asking appraisal for usgayteens.com and you dont have it? or you are just spamming the forums?

•••
•••
you are posting in missed catch of the day.

•••
so what's the out come? Am just new here

•••
P/i/q/q/a.com

Since nobody bid on the domain during GoDaddy Expired Auction, I thought I could save $1 and pick this up at GoDaddy CloseOut Auction rather than the Expired Auction. Somebody bid the minimum within 30 seconds of the domain reaching CloseOut status.
That should have reset the auction end time to 5 minutes. Did you step away for awhile?

•••
•••
@Grilled
What likely happened is someone sniped it the instant it hit closeout status and just beat you to it. It happens to me all the time. If the auction has a decent number of views and no bids, you can bet there are a handful of buyers all trying to snipe it once it hits closeout status.

•••
Exactly should have added 5 minutes.

Thanks for updating this thread! I called GD support after I missed that domain, and the rep also confirmed this.

@Grilled
What likely happened is someone sniped it the instant it hit closeout status and just beat you to it. It happens to me all the time. If the auction has a decent number of views and no bids, you can bet there are a handful of buyers all trying to snipe it once it hits closeout status.

Here's the thing, the rep couldn't find the domain in closeout's and noted it was an odd situation. It was either a glitch in the system or user error on my part. User error being, no I did not step away from the computer, but I don't remember if I was manually refreshing the auction. At the time of my bid, I was in a lake house with spotty internet.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back