Dynadot

discuss Your HAND REGD & DROPPED DOMAINS success stories!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you think expired, dropped, closeout domains are profitable?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Hi all

the purpose of this thread, as the title says, is to share with each other our hand regd and dropped domains success stories.

We debated a gazillion times about the viability and the profitability of the expired domains and I think it will be useful for everyone ( especially for those who are new in this industry ) to see how many of us made some money by selling a domain that we hand registered or that was a dropped.

I ask you not to be cryptic though, so please say what the name/s was/were ( maybe hide some characters if you need to ), if it/they was/were hand regd, a dropped, GD closeout etc and the selling price.

I really look forward to seeing your success stories guys & gals
!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

Sara

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think of last hand registering domain some 1-2 years back so can't share any latest story but the quickest sale of my hand registered domain was Textbooks.CO which I hand reg for $17.99 and sold within 24 hours for $12,000 ONLY ;)

•••
DomainNameSales is far better than Voodoo. Simply submit all your names with them to see if they accept you application.

Abdul bhai, good one but I have also had good results from ParkingCrew for sale links where you share 0% commission :)

•••
DomainNameSales is far better than Voodoo. Simply submit all your names with them to see if they accept you application.

after seeing your post i had a look at domain name sales and loved the homepage

which is better flippa sedo or domain name sales and why?

•••
I think of last hand registering domain some 1-2 years back so can't share any latest story but the quickest sale of my hand registered domain was Textbooks.CO which I hand reg for $17.99 and sold within 24 hours for $12,000 ONLY ;)

i own textaholic.co.uk

•••
Abdul bhai, good one but I have also had good results from ParkingCrew for sale links where you share 0% commission :)

You don't need to pay any commission using DNS unless using their brokerage service. Also the parking revenue on good number of domains comparing with many parking companies, I have found DNS being the best so far.
Have you tried DNS and compared with PC by parking over 100 domains?

•••
after seeing your post i had a look at domain name sales and loved the homepage

which is better flippa sedo or domain name sales and why?

Well, Flippa isn't parking company. If you are asking about parking, Sedo is the worst and DNS is the best. Voodoo and Bodis are good too if your account hasn't been approved by DNS yet.

•••
Well, Flippa isn't parking company. If you are asking about parking, Sedo is the worst and DNS is the best. Voodoo and Bodis are good too if your account hasn't been approved by DNS yet.

i have only tried flippa in auction and registered with sedo but never parked a domain before

can i make more than reg fee parking a domain?

•••
i have only tried flippa in auction and registered with sedo but never parked a domain before

can i make more than reg fee parking a domain?

That depends on the domain for making money through parking.

•••
You don't need to pay any commission using DNS unless using their brokerage service. Also the parking revenue on good number of domains comparing with many parking companies, I have found DNS being the best so far.

Yup, their parking commissions are good but their sales staff converting inquiries into sales have been poor for me :(

•••
•••

Thanks Abdul,

For suggesting DNS other day (it is switching to Uniregistry now) , I really love their site and its far far better than any parking I have used before.

I currently have 250+ domains parked there (since a week) , yet to generate any revenue though , but love their site and their team.

•••
•••
Yup, their parking commissions are good but their sales staff converting inquiries into sales have been poor for me :(

IMO, that's because most of the inquirers are interested in buying domains for well under 1K due to which DNS brokers are not able to convert them into desirable sales.

•••
Thanks Abdul,

For suggesting DNS other day (it is switching to Uniregistry now) , I really love their site and its far far better than any parking I have used before.

I currently have 250+ domains parked there (since a week) , yet to generate any revenue though , but love their site and their team.

Happy to see you opted them so quickly and I am sure you will make more money with them compare to any other platforms you have tried and tested before.

•••
Handreg NebraskaHearing.com - $550
Handreg TorontoClean.ca - $500 US
Handreg Zazz.ca - $1500 US - took 7 years.

•••
I have sold several hand-regs for $X,XXX on BrandBucket.

Got Links/biz on GD Closeouts (maybe $15 total) and sold it for $1,395 on Sedo a few months later.

Hand-reg Placest sold for $510 on Sedo a couple months ago, was a BB reject.

Sold many hand-reg BB rejects for $XX both on and off of NamePros.

•••
a few more to add:

upload_2016-8-24_19-35-41.png

upload_2016-8-24_19-35-13.png

upload_2016-8-24_19-36-32.png

upload_2016-8-24_19-36-50.png

upload_2016-8-24_19-37-1.png

upload_2016-8-24_19-37-10.png

upload_2016-8-24_19-41-21.png

upload_2016-8-24_19-41-43.png

upload_2016-8-24_19-41-57.png

upload_2016-8-24_19-42-5.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks Abdul,

you may notice parking revenue increase after 3 months

•••
Last edited:
•••
I list on Afternic, since it pushes to GD and other registrars. Would you recommend listing on GD auctions instead?

some flippa but also sell a lot of names through bin on godaddy as premium listings, this is just a small amount I have highlighted.

•••
I list on Afternic, since it pushes to GD and other registrars. Would you recommend listing on GD auctions instead?
I list as godaddy premium listing and also list on afternic using their MLS service, I also use sedo mls for domains registered somewhere other than godaddy

•••
•••
ad categories can sometimes take up to 3 months to optimize

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back