Dynadot

poll Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2023?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2023?

• 1st

Dynadot

votes
    44.9%
  • 2nd

Namecheap

votes
    11.9%
  • 3rd

Spaceship

votes
    9.3%
  • 4th

GoDaddy

votes
    7.5%
  • 5th

Porkbun

votes
    6.3%
  • 6th

Sav.com

votes
    5.7%
  • 7th

NameSilo

votes
    4.2%
  • 8th

NameBright

votes
    1.5%
  • 9th (tie)

CloudFlare

votes
    1.4%
  • 9th (tie)

Epik

votes
    1.4%
  • 10th

Name.com

votes
    1.1%
  • 11th

Hostinger

votes
    0.6%
  • 12th (tie)

Alibaba Cloud

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

CosmoTown

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

Fabulous

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

NetworkSolutions

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

Reg.ru

votes
    0.5%
  • 13th (tie)

Gname

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

InternetBs

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

Z.com

votes
    0.3%
  • 14th (tie)

101Domain

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

DirectNic

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

Hexonet

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

HiChina

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

Hover

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

OVH

vote
    0.2%
  • 15th (tie)

123-reg

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

BlueHost

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

ConnectReseller.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Gandi

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

HostPapa

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Ionos

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Joker.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Namepal

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Public Domain Registry

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Register.com

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The poll closes on December 31,2023.
You can make 1 choice. you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

To be noted the max amount of choices by the software was 40. Google and Uniregistry are no more. Three registrars that got zero votes were eliminated to allow for some new requests like Spaceship and CosmoTown.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@epik you got my vote.

I also like Sav (if multiple allowed mods add my vote ).

Dyna was my fav but my recent experience with their marketplace is not ok Post in thread 'Dynadot Official Thread' https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-official-thread.1189088/post-9036725
Why is your recent experience not OK?
Domain verification (from another registrar) is very slow?
Is this a joke? Talk about nitpicking! I have most of my domains with @Dynadot.

Only credit u deserve is going public support vote epik.

Also, SAV…. Sav too new; unreliable; need more time.

Here are my top-3:
1) @Dynadot
2) @namesilo
3) @Porkbun

Notice, all 3 have active namePros account? The 3 Best.

Last edited:
•••
Why is your recent experience not OK?
Domain verification (from another registrar) is very slow?
Is this a joke? Talk about nitpicking! I have most of my domains with @Dynadot.

Only credit u deserve is going public support vote epik.

Also, SAV…. Sav too new; unreliable; need more time.

Here are my top-3:
1) @Dynadot
2) @namesilo
3) @Porkbun

Notice, all 3 have active namePros account? The 3 Best.
Issue was - no landers for domains. But obviously @Dynadot got the most beautiful design great ui and cool menu. Love it.

I have several sales with @sav and their support is ok for me. So sav is reliable for me.

Epik disconnected my free blog (reallybigidea) i can't operate it anymore but as a registrar Epik is ok for me.

•••
Issue was - no landers for domains. But obviously @Dynadot got the most beautiful design great ui and cool menu. Love it.

I have several sales with @sav and their support is ok for me. So sav is reliable for me.

Epik disconnected my free blog (reallybigidea) i can't operate it anymore but as a registrar Epik is ok for me.
Have you tried their AI landing page maker, mate? Also, i hate to do this to someone i respect and probably doesnt want this limelight, but @twiki had few $2k sales there… He’s not the first or last.

Dyndot wrote the lander for my HealthStellar.com… i didnt add one word. A.i took over lol. And Dynadot

Last edited:
•••

Thank you for your fair and honest review!!

•••
Things i look for in a Registrar:
Networking; and connections.

Although i’m not a fan of Godaddy, there is value in their exposure; Afternic fast transfer. —SedoMLS. Check. —Even Dyna great relationship with Godaddy (though worries; if this is my biggest fear; Dynadot deserves #1

@Dynadot all boxes. I pray they dont get acquired… This my biggest fear; while we are being open, honest, real.

Last edited:
•••
As of posting 4 people for some weird reason have voted for Epik?.....

Crazy times......

•••
As of posting 4 people for some weird reason have voted for Epik?.....

Crazy times......
Side note about Epik. I did not have major issues with them personally. But.

After using them a while, as a full stack dev I could definitely tell this is half-baked work and could collapse anytime. You can't really build that fast unless you are cutting corners (e.g. Dynadot does improvements but things done properly take much more). I generally can tell what's going on in the backyard of platforms based on observing various minutia.

Their aggressive style of marketing also had me very worried.

So when I realized that, I moved all my renewable domains out. Far earlier than the hack.

When the hack came, I was not surprised - at all.

Note: Maybe they have new owner and will try a comeback?

•••
For my needs (registrations, DNS changes, adding records), @Spaceship has no competitors. Repetitive tasks that can make you lose your patience and eyes with other registrars are completed in seconds. I've lost several interesting handregs on drop with other registrars due to slow page reloads, search wheels spinning indefinitely, refund issues, and other 4xx errors. With Spaceship, domain search and registration are truly instantaneous. The customer service is fast, and the impression is that even the first level of support is knowledgeable and never resorts to 'copy and paste' responses. Hopefully, they can maintain this level of service while increasing their customer base.

Last edited:
•••
Epik should be removed from this list.

•••
Dynadot always of course.

But special shoutout to Spaceship.

•••
•••
Hello,

I will give you a chronological view of the Registrar I am now.

1. GoDaddy -> Support: Well, it's the only Registrar with whom I had so many contact points. They always put this Domain Club Thingy in my cart because of the Premium Domain Parking. You can buy it over the TW page as a single product, But not in Germany.
    • Pros: Well, their Auctions are good
    • Direct Connection to Afternic, which makes things a lot easier
    • Customer Support is partially lovely, especially if you get the Jamaican ones (8 pm CET) onwards
    • Initially, I had to legitimate myself with at least (!) 5-8 Documents; they asked for more than my Mortgage. Every time, I got banned because of "Fraud prevention." Wow, I bought 5-7 Domains at one Time
  2. SAV: Pretty Good so far; you can cancel the Domains by yourself; prices are 10$ 10.COM, so half of GoDaddy
    • I don't understand why you can put Auctions for the same item every 60 days.
    • It is easy to cancel your Domain; delete it - you get a Refund
    • DNS configuration straight forward
    • But more than buying Domains, I would say that's the only use case for them.
  3. DynaDot: Since most people here have SAV or DynaDot, I was forced to sign up, and I don't regret it!
    • Easy to handle
    • Discounts
    • Very nice UI
    • No contact with Support as of now, which is good
    • I don't know why; I simply like it! Prices are also good
    • Only Downside: Not all TLDs are covered, but that's probably with every Registrar the case
  4. NameBright: My gut feeling says that I don't like them. I don't know why; prices seem okayish, but I just rigged it because of DropCatch.

Even though I'm just a few weeks away, I prefer them.
Heard weird stories of other Members here who had terrible experiences with some Registrars. I think it was NameCheap? or NameBright.
Dont know.

Any negative experience with DynaDot?
Any negative experience with SAV?

For GD I will definitely decrease my Portfolio, too many bad experiences, even though I know that many people prefer them.

Best

•••
I tried Spaceship this year and I loved the UX and their prices are usually cheap.

•••
•••
Epik should be removed from this list.
I disagree, clearly people (not me) are voting on it, so it's good that it's included. There are lots of registrars with 0 votes, and if it persists, they will be the ones to drop out.

•••
No body ask me but here some recommendations to some registrars.
1. merge Namecheap with Spaceship, make NC a drop catch/drop sell website, like NameLiquidate.
2. Dynadot may be good but here are 2 things I not like, prices are not the lowest on the market and brand is not professional but for kids like Hostgator, if they rebrand and offer prices like Sav/Spaceship and Cosmotown, I think they will beat everyone.
3. Epik should rebrand to something else, do business as everyone else, never mix religion with biz and other topics, if you want to make money even from LGBT and atheists apes, you need to brainwash them to like you, it's like you agree with them on face, but behind curtains we know what they are.
4. Porkbun is good but again the brand is childish non attractive, the prices are similar to spaceship, there is still space to improve.
5. Z,com is crap, I used them as a transfer plot.
6. One,com is enterprise, stay away if you are domainer.
7. Godaddy = Gopotato.
8. in short if a registrar is more into hosting, you can use them as transfer plot, but not as a permanent stay.
9. Sav is still good, but there are issues which are not resolved, some after get solved pop up again.
0. even no mention about others, zero is your merit.
P.s. if a registrar is more into Hosting and Email then you know it can be used as a plot, of course only if they allow it.
P.p.s. Godaddy/Hostgator/Dreamhost/Bluehost = one sheep one purpose! :D

•••
•••
What is the difference between Namecheap and Spaceship? Aren't they the same company? And if Spaceship is built by Namecheap, then how come Spaceship is cheaper than Namecheap (I am looking at the .com registration and renewal prices)?

•••
WTF is "Z.com". Whoever owns that should say **** it and cut their losses, sell the name, and retire while they still have time.

•••
I voted Dynadot. Been with them awhile. Now almost exclusively.

The worst for me that I still use is NameCheap. Very quirky outdated and time consuming.

Cumbersome interface with no retainable customization (like ordering how you want to view) and the only registrar I can’t use routinely on an ipad.

Renewal pricing is too much.

The weird separation of privacy where you have to renew separately.

Not being able to easily get auth codes during grace period.

Being a long standing customer and having to prefund on marketplace. I previously had a membership and let it lapse.

Having to prefund your account for certain activities.

Getting refunds as account funds not to the method you paid.

Them not accepting grace period transfers without going through hoops with CS.

•••
Yes Dynadot is the sweet spot, they are cheap but not too cheap. You don't want to use a registrar which is too cheap because then the quality and stability will suffer. But as a domain investor you must keep the prices as low as possible. So yes Dynadot is in the middle, very cheap but not too cheap.

•••
dynadot,spaceship,pokerbun,sav,hexonet,

Last edited:
•••
•••
Dynadot
Truly the best registrar.

Love their UI and new design. Support is an amazing helped with domain transfer and finalize the sale. Highly recommended.

•••
With just 30 days domain expiry and new limitations
I think dynadot will not be the best for domainers by the next years

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back