Domain Empire

poll Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2023?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2023?

• 1st

Dynadot

votes
    44.9%
  • 2nd

Namecheap

votes
    11.9%
  • 3rd

Spaceship

votes
    9.3%
  • 4th

GoDaddy

votes
    7.5%
  • 5th

Porkbun

votes
    6.3%
  • 6th

Sav.com

votes
    5.7%
  • 7th

NameSilo

votes
    4.2%
  • 8th

NameBright

votes
    1.5%
  • 9th (tie)

CloudFlare

votes
    1.4%
  • 9th (tie)

Epik

votes
    1.4%
  • 10th

Name.com

votes
    1.1%
  • 11th

Hostinger

votes
    0.6%
  • 12th (tie)

Alibaba Cloud

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

CosmoTown

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

Fabulous

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

NetworkSolutions

votes
    0.5%
  • 12th (tie)

Reg.ru

votes
    0.5%
  • 13th (tie)

Gname

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

InternetBs

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.3%
  • 13th (tie)

Z.com

votes
    0.3%
  • 14th (tie)

101Domain

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

DirectNic

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

Hexonet

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

HiChina

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

Hover

vote
    0.2%
  • 14th (tie)

OVH

vote
    0.2%
  • 15th (tie)

123-reg

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

BlueHost

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

ConnectReseller.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Gandi

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

HostPapa

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Ionos

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Joker.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Namepal

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Public Domain Registry

votes
    0.0%
  • 15th (tie)

Register.com

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The poll closes on December 31,2023.
You can make 1 choice. you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

To be noted the max amount of choices by the software was 40. Google and Uniregistry are no more. Three registrars that got zero votes were eliminated to allow for some new requests like Spaceship and CosmoTown.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just wonder who gave Epik 1 vote, RM himself?

•••
101Domain: I'm not a fan of their UI and branding; it's unattractive to me. The prices seem quite high compared to others, as I've noticed while searching for the cheapest registration/renewal options on tld-list.com.

123-reg: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Alibaba Cloud: If you have common sense, you would avoid this one. Its background is sensitive, and it's likely that your registrant information is stored.

BlueHost: It's not a viable option for my hosting needs; it seems to offer high prices for low quality, nor is it an option for domains.

CloudFlare: So far, it's been pretty great. The only downside is that it only allows the use of their NS. I like the UI, but sometimes the button response can't keep up with my clicking speed. It feels safe and privacy-protected.

ConnectReseller.com: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

CosmoTown: I've registered many .com domains here when it was the cheapest option. It has all the basic functions required. However, it lacks DNSSEC, and you need to contact support to add it. The UI is quite poor; it looks like something from a template sharing platform, but it works fine.

DirectNic: I don't have much experience with this one, but the price is laughable: $17.17 for a .com domain, seriously? (Many registrars have similar prices, though, but why would I use it?)

Domain.com: The only appealing aspect is the domain name of the service itself.

Dotster: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Dynadot: Good UI, but like Cloudflare, the buttons sometimes need to be clicked slowly. The support is good with medium response speed. It supports a wide variety of TLDs and has a medium-sized marketplace and auction. The brand was hard to remember at first.

Epik: I loved this one before. In my opinion, it doesn't care what you do and won't ban you or delete your assets based on who you are or what you do. Or, perhaps it's intentionally supporting certain parties – I'm not sure, as I haven't done in-depth research. But, it felt safe to put my domains there, as it suggested before: the "Swiss bank of the domain industry". However, after the masterbuck incident, I lost trust in it, even though I wasn't one of the victims. When I wanted to transfer all my domains out, they retained me by offering a free renewal for a year. I hope it can be great again, but it's tough.

Fabulous: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Gandi: I like it. The support is professional and nice. The prices are acceptable, and the UI is nice with a fast API. The corporate plan is great; some domains require an extra fee to register, but you only pay once for the plan to register as many domains as you like within the plan period, and you can keep them without the plan. I just wish they also had Gandi.com.

Gname: I'm not very fond of it; it seems to be deeply cooperating with the mainland China platform JuMing.com, which has a bad reputation in China. The UI is okay, and the prices are acceptable. However, the background of the platform is sensitive and insecure for hosting sensitive domains.

GoDaddy: I used it at the very beginning of my interest in domain names. The prices are unreasonable, and the support is terrible. The support staff seem to lack domain knowledge. I found that my understanding of domains was better than theirs. They couldn't address my issues, and I had to fix them myself. It's great if you don't care about the prices of domains but want protection for brands. The UI is okay, but bugs are never fixed. Searching for some domains shows they can be registered, but you cannot check out!

Hexonet: Prices are 10-25% higher, in my experience. The requirements for a reseller account are low. They offer top-level API response and safety. There are many functions, including setting your own auth code for transfers, DoNotResolve, Update, Transfer Lock, etc. The UI is clean and well-documented.

HiChina: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

HostPapa: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Hostinger: It's more of a hosting option.

Hover: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

InternetBs: The UI is terrible. It's popular for uncommon TLDs.

Ionos: I've only used it once for the $1 .com registration.

Joker.com: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Moniker: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Name.com: The UI is too simple, and the prices are a bit high.

NameBright: The UI is outdated, and the support is always offline.

Namecheap: The UI is okay, although it looks childish to me. It's not as cheap as its name suggests.

Namepal: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

NameSilo: The UI is old, and there's constant switching between the new and old panel.

NetworkSolutions: It feels trustworthy. It's an old but strong brand. Network Solutions, LLC is a domain name registrar with IANA Registrar ID: 2, while 1 is reserved. I put my brands here, although the renewal is a bit higher.

Onamae: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

OVH: Terrible! There's no refund for prohibited domains. For example, I registered something like gov.tld, and the registration didn't complete. There was no automatic refund; I had to create a ticket to ask for one, and they refused until I gave them a 1.0 rating on TrustPilot. The UI is hard to use.

Porkbun: I love it. There are many surprises on their website, which is quite attractive. The UI is simple. Domain management isn't very responsive; it takes a while to load for each domain. Support is fast.

Public Domain Registry: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Reg.ru: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Register.com: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Sav.com: The .com registration price was the lowest for a period, which is why I used it. Now, the new login page is terrible; I always fail to log in if I don't allow tracking cookies in Edge. The UI is simple, and the prices are a bit low.

Spaceship: It was good for the .com promo for a period. But I had an unpleasant experience with them regarding abusing promotions. They use tracking techniques to monitor my actions, which scared me off when they tracked me down for abusing promotions.

Z.com: I don't have much to say about this one; I've never used it.

Overall, I think I'd vote for NetworkSolutions, Porkbun, Hexonet.net, Gandi.net, and Dynadot, any one of them.

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot for me, easy to use interface when you get used to it, competitive pricing with no hidden fees, they usually respond to emails preety fast, no bugs at all and very useful filtering options for your domains. Dynadot feels like family.

•••
Okay who's the joker that voted NetSol lol

•••
I had to go with Dynadot for my single vote (wish we could pick 3).

Because of the awesome help I received from a couple of individuals (a problem at the registrar that pays with funny money that can not be used), Godaddy comes in a close second.

•••
As of posting 4 people for some weird reason have voted for Epik?.....

Crazy times......
Side note about Epik. I did not have major issues with them personally. But.

After using them a while, as a full stack dev I could definitely tell this is half-baked work and could collapse anytime. You can't really build that fast unless you are cutting corners (e.g. Dynadot does improvements but things done properly take much more). I generally can tell what's going on in the backyard of platforms based on observing various minutia.

Their aggressive style of marketing also had me very worried.

So when I realized that, I moved all my renewable domains out. Far earlier than the hack.

When the hack came, I was not surprised - at all.

Note: Maybe they have new owner and will try a comeback?

•••
It looks like Dynadot is going to win this in a blowout.

Brad

•••
As of posting 4 people for some weird reason have voted for Epik?.....

Crazy times......

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I was one of those who voted for DynaDot. Keep up the great work!! Been my favorite for several years now..

•••
I have not decided on my vote yet.

While the vast majority of my domains are at GoDaddy, my vote would probably go to Dynadot at this point.

There are multiple things I am unhappy with when it comes to GoDaddy. The expired auction fraud, fake GoDaddy/Afternic listings, and just their lack of engagement with the investment community in general.

I guess I am not the only one. GoDaddy went from over 50% in the 2016 poll to under 8% this year.

1700436126305.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Dynadot
Truly the best registrar.

Love their UI and new design. Support is an amazing helped with domain transfer and finalize the sale. Highly recommended.

•••
What is the difference between Namecheap and Spaceship? Aren't they the same company? And if Spaceship is built by Namecheap, then how come Spaceship is cheaper than Namecheap (I am looking at the .com registration and renewal prices)?

•••
1. Dynadot
2. Sav
3. Porkbun
….
98. GoDaddy
99. Getting hit by a bus
100. One.com

•••
•••
Epik should be removed from this list.

•••
Always blackballing @Above.com
Above has an awesome domain
Why do you love excluding them from Registrar polls?

I would have still voted Dynadot, but it bothers me when you exclude Above, and keep using all these “randoms”

Last edited:
•••
@epik you got my vote.

I also like Sav (if multiple allowed mods add my vote ).

Dyna was my fav but my recent experience with their marketplace is not ok Post in thread 'Dynadot Official Thread' https://www.namepros.com/threads/dynadot-official-thread.1189088/post-9036725
Why is your recent experience not OK?
Domain verification (from another registrar) is very slow?
Is this a joke? Talk about nitpicking! I have most of my domains with @Dynadot.

Only credit u deserve is going public support vote epik.

Also, SAV…. Sav too new; unreliable; need more time.

Here are my top-3:
1) @Dynadot
2) @namesilo
3) @Porkbun

Notice, all 3 have active namePros account? The 3 Best.

Last edited:
•••
Why is your recent experience not OK?
Domain verification (from another registrar) is very slow?
Is this a joke? Talk about nitpicking! I have most of my domains with @Dynadot.

Only credit u deserve is going public support vote epik.

Also, SAV…. Sav too new; unreliable; need more time.

Here are my top-3:
1) @Dynadot
2) @namesilo
3) @Porkbun

Notice, all 3 have active namePros account? The 3 Best.
Issue was - no landers for domains. But obviously @Dynadot got the most beautiful design great ui and cool menu. Love it.

I have several sales with @sav and their support is ok for me. So sav is reliable for me.

Epik disconnected my free blog (reallybigidea) i can't operate it anymore but as a registrar Epik is ok for me.

•••
Issue was - no landers for domains. But obviously @Dynadot got the most beautiful design great ui and cool menu. Love it.

I have several sales with @sav and their support is ok for me. So sav is reliable for me.

Epik disconnected my free blog (reallybigidea) i can't operate it anymore but as a registrar Epik is ok for me.
Have you tried their AI landing page maker, mate? Also, i hate to do this to someone i respect and probably doesnt want this limelight, but @twiki had few $2k sales there… He’s not the first or last.

Dyndot wrote the lander for my HealthStellar.com… i didnt add one word. A.i took over lol. And Dynadot

Last edited:
•••
For my needs (registrations, DNS changes, adding records), @Spaceship has no competitors. Repetitive tasks that can make you lose your patience and eyes with other registrars are completed in seconds. I've lost several interesting handregs on drop with other registrars due to slow page reloads, search wheels spinning indefinitely, refund issues, and other 4xx errors. With Spaceship, domain search and registration are truly instantaneous. The customer service is fast, and the impression is that even the first level of support is knowledgeable and never resorts to 'copy and paste' responses. Hopefully, they can maintain this level of service while increasing their customer base.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back