IT.COM

poll Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2022

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2022?

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
The poll closes on December 31,2022.
You can make 1 choice. With all of Q4 you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

Last year:
  • 1st

Dynadot​

votes
    48.7%
  • 2nd

NameCheap​

votes
    21.9%
  • 3rd

Epik​

votes
    17.7%
  • 4th

Porkbun​

votes
    14.1%
  • 5th

NameSilo​

votes
    13.4%
  • 6th

GoDaddy​

votes
    11.6%
  • 7th

Sav​

votes
    10.7%
  • 8th

Namebright​

votes
    2.0%
  • 9th

Name.com​

votes
    1.8%
  • 10th

Uniregistry​

votes
    1.7%
  • 11th

123-Reg​

votes
    1.4%
  • 12th (tie)

Google​

votes
    1.3%
  • 12th (tie)

InternetBS​

votes
    1.3%
  • 13th

CloudFlare​

votes
    0.8%
  • 14th

Hexonet​

votes
    0.6%
  • 15th (tie)

Network Solutions​

votes
    0.4%
  • 15th (tie)

Fabulous​

votes
    0.4%
  • 15th (tie)

Reg.ru​

votes
    0.4%
  • 16th (tie)

Alibaba Cloud​

votes
    0.3%
  • 16th (tie)

Ionos​

votes
    0.3%
  • 17th (tie)

Hover​

vote
    0.1%
  • 17th (tie)

Moniker​

vote
    0.1%
  • 17th (tie)

ResellerClub​

vote
    0.1%
  • 17th (tie)

HostPapa​

vote
    0.1%
  • 17th (tie)

Hostinger​

vote
    0.1%
  • 17th (tie)

Gandi​

vote
    0.1%
  • 17th (tie)

Public Domain Registry​

vote
    0.1%
  • 17th (tie)

Joker.com​

vote
    0.1%
  • 18th (tie)

Register.com​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

101Domain​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

DirectNic​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

Domain.com​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

Dotster​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

Namepal​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

Rebel​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

BlueHost​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

HiChina​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

Onamae​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

OVH​

votes
    0.0%
  • 18th (tie)

Register.it​

votes
    0.0%

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I only tried these:
Hostinger
Namecheap
Go Daddy
Epik
But I like Namecheap most.

Should I explore more options? Any suggestions?
I would recommend that you try Dynadot, Namesilo and Porkbun. All three are good in my opinion.

•••
I voted SAV because of the friendly pricing.
Dynadot should have been my favourite.
Transferred out, and still transfering out of dynadot because of their pricing.
Here are my top 5 registrars based on the number of domains I keep with them.
1. SAV.
2. Dynadot
3. Namecheap
4. Epik- use to be my favourite 2 years ago.
5.namesilo

Last edited:
•••
•••
Sav got more votes than GD. The end is nigh.

•••
•••
From best to worst in my experience, taking into account price, customer service, and back end:

Tier 1: Epik
Tier 2: Dynadot, Namecheap, Namesilo
Tier 3: Porkbun, SAV
Tier 4: All the rest
Tier 5: Godaddy, Ionus, InternetBS

•••
•••
•••
•••
I recently could not log in to Dynadot, I had 2FA SMS code enabled, for some reason my country phone code was changed, not sure how, when or by who, but this caused one day of non access, of course they solved after I contacted support, however I never faced something like this with other registrars.
Waiting some domains to begin expiring and going to move away from them to Porkbun.

•••
Using Godaddy, But need to change now as pricing is little bit high there, and looking for best option who is accepting all Indian payments.

•••
•••
Dynadot allows you to approve Afternic Fast Transfer via 1-click in the dashboard. 👍🏽

This is soooo much easier than email links which can break.

Great pricing for Bulk and Super Bulk with good support.

•••
Yes, like them too. I have currently some 10k domains with Porkbun. I've suggested some improvements to make (bulk) management easier. Some of these features have now been implemented. I'll keep submitting new ideas.
With such a large portfolio, do you have an account manager at Porkbun, or is that not something they offer? I am thinking of moving more names to them, but I am not sure if you get any special privileges or discounts if you have many names with them.

•••
With such a large portfolio, do you have an account manager at Porkbun, or is that not something they offer? I am thinking of moving more names to them, but I am not sure if you get any special privileges or discounts if you have many names with them.
Hi @Embrand

Thanks for the questions. I've replied to this in the Porkbun thread over here.

Last edited:
•••
Epik is not making it to the top 3 anymore? Too much drama I suppose. Also realized they stopped doing those nice sales.

Unfortunately, there is no good all-in-one register. I feel things haven't been as good for domaining this past year.

I'm going to have to say Sav gets my vote this time because they don't price gouge you like other registrars, and they captured many names for me despite it being a bit funky at times.

•••
Registrations fail again, or too slow at Epik. Healthy version lasted one day, or maybe less. Everytime they say they fixed the problem, and it is never a permanent fix. They can't admit they are out of cash. Once they find cash, they say technical problem fixed. What kind of problem. We need to know details.

•••
Sav for their pricing , simple dashboard , and support for SedoMLS and Aftetnic Fast Transfer

•••
The poll closes on December 31,2022.
You can make 1 choice. With all of Q4 you will have plenty of time to think about your vote, you will have time to change your votes if you so desire.

Employees are prohibited from voting.

Last year:
This is how you do this poll ,,end of the year ,NOT like some other Poll a few years ago held in March and where even the wives of emloyees AND personal "prayers "voted.
ps I could attach a screenshot about wives voting but I want to be fair.
You may also see the new CEO of epik 's linkedin page before you vote.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6997282930918137856/

•••
Hi @equity78

Will you filter out employees and entities that voted for their own company (or sister company) afterwards?

Thanks.
I guess we can do that, I don't think it will matter for #1. But again it's also hard to know who has an account here with no registrar company notation but works there.

•••
The best ones should be those who don't regularly get their domains stolen, those that are the most secure.
That is certainly very important. Who are the best, in your experience?

•••
LOL. Godaddy in 4th? That must be some kind of sick joke? HAHA.
They are sickeningly, pathetically, bad (imo). I don't even know where to begin, to explain why.
There are so many detestable negatives......
This are votes of those who work at Godaddy and have millions of domains in their portfolios, basically 3rd hand Godaddy sellers, so that Godaddy is at distance in this way of owning those domains, most of sales are made at Godaddy because end users are brainwashed to buy their crap, they think "if I buy from Godaddy this is great brand" like Dolce Gabbana but there is nothing great in this brand only marketing and money, swallowing other brands like Dan, it is a Godaddy Octopus beast like Google and Facebook beast, they must be dethroned ASAP.

•••
Have all my domains with NameSilo, secure, good prices, easy and quick to transfer, great customer service, never any controversy, never any problems.

Last edited:
•••
Why E? They're expensive as hell, not domainer friendly, openly state they dislike domainers... Just wondering.
i think your right
ive been very compacent there loving the phonecall services to no avail $

even though ive been domainer since january 1999 still unfamiliar with options today nice other than godaddy. I'd like to find out who I could transfer all my traffic to anew domains' registrar any help

thank you,
Dennis Zabala

•••
Epik and Dynadot are great for me.

Already left Godaddy and will completely leave Reseller Club this year.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back