IT.COM

Your Crypto Investments ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AhmedAshraf

Established Member
Impact
Any fellow domainer with some cryptocurrency assets ?
if so, Post here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi,
I dont think people are going to / or should post any of there investements.

But yea I am very much into crypto.

•••
I bought a bitcoin's worth of Vertcoin, roughly 400 and their price has been plummeting ever since :(

•••
Hi,
I dont think people are going to / or should post any of there investements.

But yea I am very much into crypto.
I don't see why not; unlike domain names, there is no fear of backordering, so even if they post their wallet address, there is no risk of theft :)

•••
t
I bought a bitcoin's worth of Vertcoin, roughly 400 and their price has been plummeting ever since :(
Maybe try investing it in Minerals or CloakCoin; their price is soaring. Or, of course, Bitcoin, the more original the better.

•••
I've been investing via mcxNOW for a while. Great exchange; just a shame they don't support more currencies.

I might throw a few ASICs in my basement mini-datacenter, if I get around to it. Probably SHA256; scrypt ASICs aren't mature enough yet.

•••
Bad news today, Mintpal was hacked and vericoin was the target. Possible fork incoming.

For "investing" or "trading" buy low and sell high :)

•••
•••
I've been investing via mcxNOW for a while. Great exchange; just a shame they don't support more currencies.

I might throw a few ASICs in my basement mini-datacenter, if I get around to it. Probably SHA256; scrypt ASICs aren't mature enough yet.

Keep in mind, some coins are changing algorithm to x11 to combat Scrypt ASICS monopoly, so I guess they won't even have the time to mature.

•••
Bad news today, Mintpal was hacked and vericoin was the target. Possible fork incoming.

Mt. Gox, Mintpal, I think Cryptsy is next

•••

Vericoin or Vertcoin?

•••
Keep in mind, some coins are changing algorithm to x11 to combat Scrypt ASICS monopoly, so I guess they won't even have the time to mature.
The algo game doesnt ammount to much in the end. x11,x12, scrypt, scrypt-N and even quark are less efficient than sha-256d (bitcoin). If any alts using x11 or another get bigger then the mining rigs and operations will be a hellva lot bigger than the sha-256d ones. In the long term I dont really see a big advantage, so if the algo is the main feature of a coin then I would beware. Its kind of like making an algo worse so that you cant mine it with asics.

Crypsy is "shady" at times with some tech difficulties. I would beware of cryptsy and bitstamp at this point.

•••
Vericoin was the target at mintpal
https://no_url_shorteners/PwXXSs8Ca3

•••
Got some bitcoins.
Got a bitcoin blog.
End of story.

•••
•••
Actually not.
Earlier this year, read too many articles about bitcoin.
And decided that hey, yet another way to hide some money from the government.
And more and more companies are accepting bitcoins as payment.
So that bypasses paypal and credit cards.

•••
•••
Anybody interested in building an exchange? :)

•••
Anybody interested in building an exchange? :)

Well, I have thought about that before, the problem is :
1) It could be technically hard to create
2) Even harder to secure.

•••
There are already plenty of exchanges.
Why another one?

•••
There are already plenty of exchanges.
Why another one?
This same logic might come to the the conclusion that there are plenty of sites, Why another one?

•••
That is not logic.

Look at the exchanges now.
Built on one thing: SECURITY.

Putting up another one that looks pretty, without first going for SECURITY, is a waste of time.

•••
•••
Stellar, is a Ripple clone.
If you think Ripple is good, then you might like Stellar
Personaly I dont see much in Stellar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back